Tournaments, Lists, Challenges, and Games Index

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
This post is going to undergo some major editing at some point, so have patience.

The idea is for this thread to be used as a guide to what games, challenges, lists, etc. are going on in MoFo Land. It will also be used to schedule things too. I am not trying to turn fun and games into a strict thing, but we don't want to put too much on our plate and spread ourselves thin. The best way to get maximum participation for our activities is to spread awareness and not do too much at once. I am guilty of this, which is why I had the idea to start this thread. I am probably going to need a lot of help maintaining this because I am lazy, so that would be appreciated.

Current games/tournaments going on that I know of:

2014 Movie Tournament
Survivor: Superheroes vs Supervillains
Box Office Challenge III
1963 Best Picture Tournament (Dec 6th)
MoFo Nominations (Dec 31st)
2nd Shorts HOF Tournament (Deadline date?)
5th HOF Movies Tournament (Deadline date?)
TV Characters Tournament (Deadline varies based on the round)

Great idea, but maybe it should be called Tournaments Index? Fun and Games Index makes me think it's for threads like Picture This, Like or Dislike, etc.

Good idea. Don't forget the Box Office Challenge. Will not matter for this time but might get more participation for next round.

I guess I need an admin to change the title for me? I'll pm Yoda I guess.

Good idea. Don't forget the Box Office Challenge. Will not matter for this time but might get more participation for next round.
Good call. This will be updated to included upcoming events too, so hopefully that will spread awareness.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I don't think I could participate in much else right now. I'm trying to hack out some 1960 films and a few from movie tournament these next couple days.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I don't think I could participate in much else right now. I'm trying to hack out some 1960 films and a few from movie tournament these next couple days.
Plus trying to finish the 4th HOF movies while competing in the survivor challenge. Luckily the 70s countdown is just pure entertainment and no work at this point.

I am thinking about shelving the Best Picture thing again. I still think it's a cool idea, but I've already lost interest. Which is a problem I have.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I am thinking about shelving the Best Picture thing again. I still think it's a cool idea, but I've already lost interest. Which is a problem I have.
Wait? You mean the one you are doing year by year and we are on 1961 now? Don't shelve that. I'll help you run it if you've lost interest. We could switch back and forth between years or something or I can just do it until you want to do it again. I love that and we are in the 60s. I don't want it to die.

These are ideas I have or want to see done. I don't necessarily need or want to run them I just want them to happen. I will though if no one else will.

We need a horror movie challenge or something happening for Oct. that lasts all month. That must happen. Challenges are easy to run I would think. You just have to keep a list of how many movies people have watched.

I want that song tournament where you can't nominate any singer or band that has been nominated twice to happen. I'm willing to do that one. It will be a lot of work. That one will be around Feb. if I do it.

I want the Scandinavian challenge to happen at some point. I really think there should be some sort of list etiquette where only one challenge happens at a time, so I'm hoping that the Horror movie ones happens and this can be a winter challenge. I'm not real fond of challenges lasting for more than a couple of months. I don't think people stay interested for longer than that.

I'm also itching for another tv character tournament to happen.

I'll always have a HOF going on at all times. As soon as one ends another will begin, but I want to do special ones occasionally too. From Nov 1st to Jan 1st there will be a special documentary one, so we can put that on the calendar for sure.

I'll keep running it. You already took over the hall of fame for me, I don't want to dump all my failures in your lap
I love the HoF so that's fine. I just found out about the best picture and I think it 's awesome and a lot of fun, so I really don't want it to die. It's too much fun.

I'll always have a HOF going on at all times. As soon as one ends another will begin, but I want to do special ones occasionally too. From Nov 1st to Jan 1st there will be a special documentary one, so we can put that on the calendar for sure.
That's the next one, right?

I want that song tournament where you can't nominate any singer or band that has been nominated twice to happen. I'm willing to do that one. It will be a lot of work. That one will be around Feb. if I do it.
Cool. I've got so many songs for that, I doubt I'll have enough picks for them all.

I'm going to start working on it when I get back from my dad's wedding. Survivor and the HoF short film will be over by then, so the only thing I will have going on is a brand new HoF.

That's the next one, right?
That's going to be besides the regular HoF. The HoF that is going on now will end Oct. 7th, but I'm going to start the fifth one Sept 30th before I leave. I'm going to have them run every three months now, but if I do a special edition one it will run at the same time as the regular one. At least until I get 10 to 15 films inducted then I will probably lengthen the times in between HoFs.

I guess this is like the official announcement for the Halloween Horror Challenge. It will run through October. Each non-english language or silent horror film will give you 2 points and each english language horror film you watch will count for 1 point. Rewatches are acceptable, but you can't double-dip the same film and get credit for it twice.

Sound good?