The 2017 Mofie Awards - Nominations

Tools    

The 2017 Mofie Awards are going to take place! A little late this time, but it's important for us to keep our MoFo traditions alive

The Mofies are where we honor our own, and have tons of fun doing it! The best part is, it's very easy to send in your nomination. Just copy the categories that are listed below and fill them out and PM them to me...or you can post them on this thread.

Seeing how there's lots of new MoFos, here are the rules:

To nominate someone (or a thread) you just fill out the blanks under each category. Try and fill out all 5 choices for each category, but if you can't, you can list less than 5. If you need to skip an entire category you can. You can't vote for yourself.

You can post your choices in this thread, but please just edit your original post if you want to change it before the deadline.

You can also PM your nominations to me. Title your PM: 2017 MoFies Nominations - Your Username

Camo, Chyp, Dani and MovieGal request that people don't vote for them. Any votes for them won't be counted.

The deadline to get in your nominations is: February 22

The Categories:

1. The MoFo You Miss Most Of All
Any member who hasn't been active for a while and you miss them!

2. Best New MoFo

The new member that you think has made the biggest splash. Must have joined sometime in 2017.

3. Worst Thread Of The Year
Bad threads that were either unbelievably dull, annoying, or just brought out the worst in everyone. Must have been created in 2017

4. Best Thread Of The Year
The thread that either brought out the best of us or was the most fun or rewarding to read...includes game threads, Hofs, song tournaments, etc.
Must have been created in 2017

5. We Like You! Please Post More
The MoFo who sometimes pop by, but you wish they would spend more time here.

6. Most Helpful MoFo
The MoFo who you think is the most helpful.

7. Nicest Mofo on the Board

A virtual ray of sunshine, someone who's much more nice than naughty.

8. Most Controversial MoFo...Sees A Pot, Has To Stir It

The MoFo who when ever there’s a fight or disagreement has to jump in and be in the thick of it.

9. Best MoFo Couple

Two MoFos who go together like two peas in a pod. Best buds who post with each other all the time...OR, it could be the opposite, two MoFos that always butt heads and argue.

10. MoFo You'd Most Like To Be Stranded On An Island With

If you had to be stranded on a Desert Island, which MoFo would you choose.

11. Funniest MoFo

The MoFo who always makes you laugh with their wit or antics.

12. Best Username

The MoFo you think has the best username.

13. Best Avatar Of The Year

The MoFo with your favorite avatar, describe what the avatar looks like.

14. Best Profile Banner
Same as above.

15. MoFo Overachiever

The MoFo who is absolutely everywhere in every thread, and if there's something going on they'll be there in among it all!

16. MoFo Reviewer Of The Year
The MoFo movie reviewer who you most enjoy reading their reviews.

17. Master Of Movies
This is for the MoFo that you think when it comes to movie knowledge is the undisputed Master.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Mofie Awards.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	39828  

Cool that you're running this Citizen but if it's okay i'd like to be removed from consideration like last year. I'll still send a list if you want but i'd prefer no one nominate/vote for me if anyone was even planning to. Thanks.

Usual response to this from me - genuinely would rather nobody include me on any ballot if by chance they are mad enough to even consider doing so.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
The 2017 Mofie Awards are going to take place! A little late this time, but it's important for us to keep our MoFo traditions alive
Isn't this the time of year that they normally take place? I thought it was. I don't really remember, though. I couldn't tell you what was happening the first year I was here (and why I wasn't really a part of them). And last year was when my computer wasn't working. So I am probably really off on when this does normally take place.

Isn't this the time of year that they normally take place? I thought it was. I don't really remember, though. I couldn't tell you what was happening the first year I was here (and why I wasn't really a part of them). And last year was when my computer wasn't working. So I am probably really off on when this does normally take place.
Hey Vamp, good to see ya The Mofies have been held in different months. Last year the nominations for the categories was at the end of November, so this year it's not to late

I've been working through some designs again this year for the "trophies"... I got one design locked down, but gonna be working some more on another idea I've had.

Plus, my Photoshop skills have improved since last year too so hopefully they'll be even better this year.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Usual response to this from me - genuinely would rather nobody include me on any ballot
Samr for me, CR. I'd prefer to be left out. TIA.

I've been working through some designs again this year for the "trophies"... I got one design locked down, but gonna be working some more on another idea I've had.
Plus, my Photoshop skills have improved since last year too so hopefully they'll be even better this year.
A big thank you to Rodent who's doing the award graphics for the Big MoFie Award thread. Rodent, you were always amazing at graphics! so can't wait to see what you come up with!

I love that SC might win "MoFo you miss most of all" and still end up with the most posts that year
Very true, about SC!
Even though you're not wanting to be included in the running for the ballot, hopefully you (and Chyp and Dani) can still support this thread! I sure need the help! So feel free to mention anyone or any thread that is worthy of consideration. I know we have lots of new members, but damn if I can remember all of them.

Even though you're not wanting to be included in the running for the ballot, hopefully you (and Chyp and Dani) can still support this thread! I sure need the help! So feel free to mention anyone or any thread that is worthy of consideration. I know we have lots of new members, but damn if I can remember all of them.
I'm fine sending a nomination/voting list if it's needed, i'd just rather not be included myself.

I'm fine sending a nomination/voting list if it's needed, i'd just rather not be included myself.
Thanks and it's cool. I will make a note in the 1st post that Camo, Chyp and Dani request that people don't vote for them.

Ooo, interesting. I've only been here for 20 days, but I'll fill out the categories I can.
Very cool, Grant and thanks! I don't think we've talked before but Welcome to MoFo! good to have fresh blood, I mean new members

1. The MoFo You Miss Most Of All
Any member who hasn't been active for a while and you miss them!
1 Sumatra roy
2 bluedeed
3 SC
4 Lucas
5 nemanja

2. Best New MoFo
The new member that you think has made the biggest splash. Must have joined sometime in 2017.
1 cat
2 Ms.M
3 luis

3. Worst Thread Of The Year
Bad threads that were either unbelievably dull, annoying, or just brought out the worst in everyone. Must have been created in 2017
1 https://www.movieforums.com/communit...light=musicals

4. Best Thread Of The Year
The thread that either brought out the best of us or was the most fun or rewarding to read...includes game threads, Hofs, song tournaments, etc.
Must have been created in 2017
1 https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=51774
2 https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=50830

5. We Like You! Please Post More
The MoFo who sometimes pop by, but you wish they would spend more time here.
1 jal90
2 donniedarko
3 daniel m
4 cob

6. Most Helpful MoFo
The MoFo who you think is the most helpful.
1 rodent
2 yoda

7. Nicest Mofo on the Board
A virtual ray of sunshine, someone who's much more nice than naughty.
1 edarsenal
2 cat
3 citizen rules

8. Most Controversial MoFo...Sees A Pot, Has To Stir It
The MoFo who when ever there’s a fight or disagreement has to jump in and be in the thick of it.
1 guap
2 zotis
3 ironpony

9. Best MoFo Couple
Two MoFos who go together like two peas in a pod. Best buds who post with each other all the time...OR, it could be the opposite, two MoFos that always butt heads and argue.
1 ms m and minio
2 cat and samoan

10. MoFo You'd Most Like To Be Stranded On An Island With
If you had to be stranded on a Desert Island, which MoFo would you choose.
1 edarsenal
2 cat

11. Funniest MoFo
The MoFo who always makes you laugh with their wit or antics.
1 minio
2 cricket
3 cat

12. Best Username
The MoFo you think has the best username.
1 Ms.M
2 wintertriangles

13. Best Avatar Of The Year
The MoFo with your favorite avatar, describe what the avatar looks like.
1 cat. Shadowy black cat
2 ms m brdget
3 captain steel, superman

14. Best Profile Banner
Same as above.
1 wintertriagnles

15. MoFo Overachiever
The MoFo who is absolutely everywhere in every thread, and if there's something going on they'll be there in among it all!
1 rodent

16. MoFo Reviewer Of The Year
The MoFo movie reviewer who you most enjoy reading their reviews.
1 mark f
2 minio

17. Master Of Movies
This is for the MoFo that you think when it comes to movie knowledge is the undisputed Master.
1mark f
2 minio

I forgot all about Robert Black. Am i misremembering or did he say he was from Scotland? If that's the case then i remembered afterwards that there's a Scottish Serial Killer called Robert Black and that was probably the "joke". Loved how he was both a brain surgeon and a lawyer and that his whole saga lasted one night.

I actually think that dude was a fun one night troll, if he was allowed to stick around any longer it would have quickly got tiring but it was just really funny when it happened:

As I said, I am not playing a character. I only brought up my career to explain why my predictions about Trump are valid. My excellent intellect helps me understand politics better than anyone so I am fairly certain you can trust me on my predictions.
If you think that there is a democrat that can beat Trump, who would you suggest? I can't think of anyone that would have a chance.
He was also sexually attracted to rollercoasters.

yeah he wasnt bad its just that thread is kind toxic
It was a success from his standpoint then. Love that i didn't read any of the posts in the thread and answered earnestly before realizing what was going on .

According to that thread he was some IMDB Troll. Not surprising but i missed that and entertained the idea that it was some member here bored trolling one night.