MoFo Movie Weekends - Discussion and Calendar

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hmmm, not a huge fan of the franchise but last time I joined in it was so much damn fun. I think you have twisted my rubber arm.

@The Rodent

Seeing as you're doing a Star Wars weekend before episode 9 comes out, have you also thought about doing a Blade Runner one before 2049 comes out?

I forgot about this suggestion tbh.

Might be an idea tbh seeing as it's out on DVD now and more people can take part? @Yoda ?

Blade Runner on a Saturday, Blade Runner: 2049 on a Sunday?

BTTF is this weekend, so maybe stagger it by a couple weeks? End of March, beginning of April?

BTTF is now over

Been a success.

Ideas floating around are:
Die Hard Series, The Cornetto Trilogy, and Blade Runner has been mentioned too.

(I've not made a Die Hard pic though)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Get involved!

I have no idea what The Cornetto Trilogy was about (cooking mafioso battleground?), so a vote for it

I have no idea what The Cornetto Trilogy was about (cooking mafioso battleground?), so a vote for it
It's Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End. Have you not seen any of them?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Me either but my rubber arm is twisting for Die Hard. Yippy Kai Eh!

It's Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The World's End. Have you not seen any of them?
The last two, not yet.
The first one, not sure, because I don't really remember the title.
So yeah, vote yes and am pleased with myself

So, as I mentioned in the Discord thread...

I'm thinking of putting together a MoFo Weekend, but using only the Discord voice channels?
Thoughts? Ideas?
What movie? Or movies?

Need some serious input on this one to see if it would be worth putting together.
Would also need some super-tight planning as well to get everyone together on it, Discord is, even with the members list gradually growing, is still super quiet at the moment.

I was doing some searching on the web... and an idea that popped into my head was an anniversary chat like with RoboCop and Predator.

20 year anniversary from 1998
30 year from 1988
or something from farther back from 1978 or 1968.

Saving Private Ryan 1998
Who Framed Roger Rabbit 1988

Or, here's the kicker... Night Of The Living Dead was 1968, Dawn Of The Dead was 1978.
Double anniversary celebrations of 40 and 50 years.

50 years man since Night
And with Romero passing on recently, it could be a good way to honour him in a MoFo kind of way.

The first MoFo Movie Weekend on Discord-Live-Chat, being set with his most well known and revered movies on their respective 40th and 50th anniversaries.

@Yoda what you think?

That's a solid idea. I do think that's the most logical use for the Discord, since most other things you can do with Discord overlap with forum stuff. Anniversaries are a clever thought, for sure, especially since there's less time commitment than the marathons.

Gonna get a thread together.

Giz about 30 minutes.

Night and Dawn were released in October and September respectively... so I reckon tie it in with Night's October release.

Preemptively, though: Simon Pegg Day is in October, and I setup a reminder and everything so unless a bunch of stuff falls in my lap right before, this time, we should be ready. Ish.

Preemptively, though: Simon Pegg Day is in October, and I setup a reminder and everything so unless a bunch of stuff falls in my lap right before, this time, we should be ready. Ish.
Doesnt matter to me what is happening in the world on Simon Pegg day. I will be here and ready.