The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
UH? Yeah! Why did the main page of the sit just turn to all dark colors?

Oh also the shout box is gone! Out of sight, out of mind! LOL

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Just hit the hard refresh Ctrl + F5 on the main page too. It will go back to normal.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Just hit the hard refresh Ctrl + F5 on the main page too. It will go back to normal.
It was all fine after I posted this post. Weird stuff seems to be happening to me tonight. lol

When you get a minute Chris I have a couple questions sir. Or if its easier to wait that's fine too. I imagine you were planning a thread of some sort to kind of layout the new editions and such yeah?

Oh and this may not be a bug but it appears that the little feature you used to have when I would point on a member and that little box would show up and tell you what that person is viewing is no longer there. Is that permanent?

When you get a minute Chris I have a couple questions sir. Or if its easier to wait that's fine too. I imagine you were planning a thread of some sort to kind of layout the new editions and such yeah?
Absolutely. Was hoping to be able to do it, well, today, but one problem in particular (the IMG tag one) has eaten up several hours and has left me pretty fried. Some of the new features are self-explanatory, but there are some others I haven't turned on yet, and the forum home page is going to get a little bit of a facelift, too.

I hope to do this in the next day or two. Hopefully quite soon, if I can just squash a couple more of the trickier bugs...

Oh and this may not be a bug but it appears that the little feature you used to have when I would point on a member and that little box would show up and tell you what that person is viewing is no longer there. Is that permanent?
I think so -- I think it was adding a bit more in load time than it was really generating in usefulness. I'd have to check and see if that modification even works with this new version. I was never really happy with it, though.

Even if it doesn't come back, if there's some popular demand for something similar, there are some slicker alternatives available.

Cool beans, I'll just wait till you get all of the stuff up and running before I start lobbing questions at you. You've got to be running on fumes right about now anyway.

Oh and I'll vote for some kind of feature if its available, I think its a cool little thing. I'm sure I can live without it though if nobody else misses it.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'd vote for it back too.

I am half agony, half hope.
Things are getting hotsy-totsy, fancy-schmancy round here, I see. I'm all for it! Nicely done, Yoda.

Johann von Goethe

The Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, back on Firefox here. I just tried to post to the Shoutbox (since Yoda mentioned in the Shoutbox that it was working in FF now), but still the shouts disappear into no-man's-land.

However, I was trying to quote someone else. Has anyone else tried that in FF? Did that eat up my shout?

Or could it be a Linux/FF combo?

Just reporting it at this point....If it's a quoting thing in FF in the SB, then that's my official report: It doesn't work.

Did you try the hard refresh mentioned above (Ctrl + F5)? The fix involves a JavaScript file, which is usually cached, so you have to force the browser to load the newer version for the Shoutbox to work in FireFox.

oh my lord that extended profile thingy is disturbingly scary!

Normal PC has IE on it and so, yes, all is/was fine. And I can post here, of course, just not in the Shoutbox.

But yes, it's the Asus eeePC/netbook. Linux crapola. But I assume the issue is Firefox itself and not Linux. No?

oh. here's one: i tried to leave a comment for someone and when clicking the "Leave Comment" button, the comment window took opened a new page showing the same thread.

I retested it be sending you a comment on the above post Yoda, and it just opened this page in the Comment Window. Did you get the comment?

Hey, I'll be away from the computer for a tiny bit, so won't be able to answer questions or test stuff for a half-hour or so. Perhaps I should test this in FF on the desktop PC too?