Game of Thrones: Season 4

Tools    

Wow. I hope they dont stick with the book when it comes to the Hound. He was always extremely entertaining on the show.

With Martin having released 5 books, and the show very likely will overtake him. Maybe he should just try and finish the story with the tv show. It would have to be easier to write, with assistance, a seasons worth of work compared to his "novel" pace. I heard Tolkein was the same way, and dragged ass getting the LOTR books out.

I am the Watcher in the Night
How long did it take LOTR to be fully released?

Also, what a finale! Even as a reader I had some massive shocks, Jojen dead? NOOOOOOOO, I actually liked that dweeby kid

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

In the Beginning...
Maybe he should just try and finish the story with the tv show.

Originally Posted by Watch_Tower
Even as a reader I had some massive shocks, Jojen dead? NOOOOOOOO, I actually liked that dweeby kid
It was pretty shocking how he died, but in the book...

WARNING: "Book 5" spoilers below
...there's a pretty strong indication that he is sacrificed to the Old Gods and (perhaps more shockingly) turned into the paste that Bran ingests to awaken his ability to warg with weirwood trees.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
So how many TV seasons will there be? 7?

I'm not a GOT book reader.

In the Beginning...
The creators have said they always planned to wrap up the show in seven (7) total seasons. (Seven kingdoms, the seven gods, blah blah blah.) But there has been talk among the producers and HBO that it might have to extend to eight.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
More the merrier.

Well, I'm late in getting here after the season finale, and I think everyone has pretty much covered anything I had to say, or questions I had. I'll just say that my favorite two parts of the episode were Tyrion's, ahem, sharp little sit down with Tywin and Brienne and the Hound squaring off. I loved her screaming as she pounded on him over and over again. Great stuff.

Was a bit letdown that we didn't see and probably will not see LS and CH, but I know there will be awesome stuff ahead to sate us. Next season is just too damn far away.

Cant wait till next season. After next season, and if Martin hasnt released the 6th book, then everyone will be on the same page with the storyline.

I have no idea what Tyrion is going to do now. No money, no family backing, and going into a strange land. I wonder if Bronn shows up again?

Also Ser Jorah Mormont. At least he could go back to Westeros if he wanted, but to where? Maybe he'd try and go to the wall to find his father (who died), or Kings Landing, or maybe even Winterfell. Since Ned Stark banished him I imagine thats where hes from.

I hope Ramsay Snow dies. The actor is able to convey so much evil, menace, brutality, hate, and I think he could get typcast with this role. I cant remember if hes going to The Wall or not. I hope Theon kills him, but it would be a mercy if Theon is killed too.

Daenarys. What the hell?! Grow dragons grow! She's like the White Walkers, theyre gonna invade! .......Someday! I hope Grey Worm kills her lover. That bad boy champion maverick master swordsman who never loses. I like the new actor playing him compared to the old one, but the character is just shallow ass.

I imagine Jaimes gonna become the Hand (Ha! Hand irony!), and Cerseis gonna run things like a mastermind with no obstacles.

So Brienne & Pod are gonna go to the Vale to find Sansa, or Arya in Davos (I doubt that one from talks on here). If she goes to the Vale thats Littlefinger country. Brienne and Baylish, talk about oil and water.

Looks like the least unpredictable storyline would be Stannis & Jon Snow at the wall. Theres got to be more White Walker stuff to be seen. That baby being "turned" seemed like just a teaser. Maybe thats why Martin says this could go past 6 books is because he'll delve into the "other" side.

I cant wait till next season

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by TONGO
Also Ser Jorah Mormont. At least he could go back to Westeros if he wanted, but to where? Maybe he'd try and go to the wall to find his father (who died), or Kings Landing, or maybe even Winterfell. Since Ned Stark banished him I imagine thats where hes from.
He's from Bear Island, which lies northwest of Winterfell in the Bay of Ice. The Mormont family rules the island and historically is sworn to House Stark. Now that Winterfell is a ruin and the Starks are essentially destroyed, their loyalties would seem to switch to House Bolton, the new ruler of the North. But as you can imagine, they're not about to do that, since Roose Bolton had a hand in the Red Wedding and the female heir to Bear Island, Dacey Mormont, was killed there.

WARNING: "Book 5" spoilers below
The Mormonts swear fealty to Stannis Baratheon after he re-takes Deepwood Motte.

In the Beginning...
Sorry about the spoiler there. I didn't wrap it because it seems to be a pretty minor detail that's only mentioned briefly, and one that likely won't even be touched upon in the TV show.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

I hope Ramsay Snow dies. The actor is able to convey so much evil, menace, brutality, hate, and I think he could get typcast with this role. I cant remember if hes going to The Wall or not. I hope Theon kills him
I first saw the actor in a show called Misfits. He was a good guy, although a weird lonely nerdy good guy. The roles are vastly different. Check it out. It's BBC.

Iwan Rheon, what a name, plays Ramsay Snow. Hes from Wales, and hes trained on the London stage. No better credentials could be gotten. Im not surprised since hes able to deliver his dialogue perfectly, but his expression's equally impressive.

I first saw the actor in a show called Misfits. He was a good guy, although a weird lonely nerdy good guy. The roles are vastly different. Check it out. It's BBC.
It's Channel 4 but hey. Despite being very different characters, somehow he was always a popular pick to play Ramsay in the build up.

I know Tywin having the squits would have spoiled the scene a bit but do really like the idea that he was 'having issues' because Oberyn and poisoned him prior - revenge from the grave like.

For what it's worth, I pictured Rafe Spall as Ramsay when reading.

Has the look. You would be hard pressed to recast Game Of Thrones like you did the X-Men franchise. They got some great actors. Some of the actors portraying warriors, but not looking like warriors, would be the only fall back.

In the Beginning...
I did post a few alternate castings a while back. But yeah, for the most part the cast choices have been pretty solid. Some of them are even spot on, I would say. I might do a refresher if I can find the time.

Another thing that would be fun, I think, is casting some of the characters surrounding Robert's Rebellion. Rhaegar Targaryen, Lyanna Stark, The Mad King, Arthur Dayne, Howland Reed, and even younger versions of Ned Stark, Tywin and Jaime Lannister, Jon Arryn, and Robert Baratheon himself. Could be fun. The TV show is going to have to "flash back" to some of these events anyway, as they're fairly important.

It is quite a complicated thing to say some “review” upon such a great and at the same time complicated TV series (its introduction consists of view of a “fiery Sun” with pictures of beasts on its metallic neighborhood, then the view goes down all the way up to the picture of a horny creature).

But to use my private viewpoint, one of the first thing that I have noticed is a special support to a woman often in blue clothes (+ piece of some darker color and almost white hairs) who is the mother of three dragons, which can be used as a symbol related to Hell.

During watching the TV series we encounter a mixture of diverse approaches. On the one hand we are “taught” to condemn “obvious evil” done by “Joffrey” the king or by the “Mountain”, on the other hand we see many cruel acts and we are led to almost agree with them.

We see scenes full of love and the pieces of beautiful Nature, but also demoniacal White Walkers and torturing of people. Shortly a bit of everything but I did not write any more detailed thoughts upon it in English language.

But what I have noticed most are “reminders of Hell”. Here is one from season 4, episode 4. The fight stops for a moment, “Kingslayer” smiles, “Bronn” takes his artificial hand off and “Kingslayer” takes a look down. Then he is knocked down and falls by the face toward the ground, then there is heard word “Hell”, there is a position “down and up” and “Bronn” raises “Kingslayer's” artificial hand. Then he throws the hand back to the “Kingslayer” who is on his knees.

And, out of a habit, all the last episodes of all the four so-far-produced seasons of this TV series start and end with the “reminder of Hell”. Here is a short description of all of them:

"Game of Thrones", Season 1, episode "Fire and Blood" (the last one). Beginning: Sword pointing down, the blade of which is full of blood that falls down in drops. Above all, then we see blurred people, raised hands and closed eyes (and word "look" [= emphasis on eyes], looks down and up and raised hands again + fall down on the ground and going down the stairs). End: Woman in flames which are in two circles (+ people lying on the ground, squatting, someone's legs and smoke) who is then squatting, having three little dragons on herself (even with red color + people on all four with the head bent down).

"Game of Thrones", Season 2, episode "Valar Morghulis" (the last one). Beginning: Emphasis on eye (during a moment a fire is seen in it), (looks up and down) a blurred figure and a piece of red blood (and little later a finger pointing down). End: (Fall to the ground next to something what has the shape of a circle and then sitting on the ground and then) Horse's legs, piece of red (meat), looks up and down, blue eyes of a monster (every of them is differently shaped), a head bow (with the closing of eyes) and a raised hand (with scream).

"Game of Thrones", Season 3, episode "Mhysa" (the last one). Beginning: (Night with moon and) Flames including a burning man, flag with a beast and a piece of red (on a flag). End: (Firstly please notice a slightly Hellish combination of colors on the clothes of "Mother of dragons" and on that of her female assistant, too) Raised hands around the "Mother of dragons" (notice the color of her clothes and hairs), there is a circle around her made of people and those who carry her turn her around (which can perhaps remind a whirl). There are also three dragons flying up, whereas it ends with the one that is highest and that has a red color (+ some smoke).

"Game of Thrones", season 4, episode "The Children" (the last one). Beginning: John Snow passes flames and smoke (during a moment his figure is seen behind them) and then there are several ravens on a corpse fallen by the face toward the ground. End: Arya rides next to the waterfall and shortly after it she goes down the stairs to see the captain (who has the rolls of paper like small circles) and at their bottom she gives a little jump down. He emphasizes one finger by means of the coin and then he raises two fingers (there are heard words "Valar morghulis"). Shortly after it Arya is in the ship, she takes a look at a smoldering village (so a bit of smoke and fire also), she runs to the ship's bow where is a sculpture with a raised hand with two raised fingers (and at the back of the ship somebody is turning the helm; at this point the "reminder of Hell" ends, but maybe what is next belongs to it, too, which is that that on the receding ship someone points his hand with raised finger and the sailors are cleaning the floor).