Bohemian Rhapsody - Biopic about Queen

Tools    

Hasn't this been in production hell for a few years? I think he can play it well, and I do hope they finally get this one going.

Hasn't this been in production hell for a few years? I think he can play it well, and I do hope they finally get this one going.

It's been in pre-production for years.

Cohen apparently quit the film after a disagreement with producers, and reportedly Queens guitarist Brian May, but seems to have made amends and is back on.

Cohen is the perfect choice to play Mercury in my opinion. Not only does he look like the late Queen frontman, but his eccentricity is exactly what's needed to play the greatest live rock performer in the history of music.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Bryan Singer is directing a biopic about the band Queen. Filming is set to begin soon for a Christmas 2018 release date. The film is being produced by Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor along with Robert De Niro and Graham King.

Here's who will play the iconic band

Rami Malek is Freddie Mercury

Gwilym Lee is Brian May
Ben Hardy is Roger Taylor
Joe Mazzello is John Deacon

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Really looking forward to this.

I like it that they've got actors who are passable as the real people – makes a hell of a difference.

I like it that they've got actors who are passable as the real people – makes a hell of a difference.
I dont think I've seen Rami in anything but I've been told he;s good. Riz Ahmed would be another goer I think. He;s also a singer.

I dont think I've seen Rami in anything but I've been told he;s good. Riz Ahmed would be another goer I think. He;s also a singer.
I think there was another name in the mix before this. It may even have been for a different production. There was a documentary about Mercury recently and the actor they had playing him in "docudrama" fashion was uncanny.

I was looking at the Flash Gordon soundtrack recently and it was the first time I'd noticed the distribution of work by each of the band. It was fascinating to see who'd done what and how distinctive each person's style was. That also corresponds to the fact that I think all of them wrote at least one number-one record.

I think there was another name in the mix before this. It may even have been for a different production. There was a documentary about Mercury recently and the actor they had playing him in "docudrama" fashion was uncanny.

I was looking at the Flash Gordon soundtrack recently and it was the first time I'd noticed the distribution of work by each of the band. It was fascinating to see who'd done what and how distinctive each person's style was. That also corresponds to the fact that I think all of them wrote at least one number-one record.
I remember reading about this a little while ago and recall a few names were mentioned.

I like Rami but Sacha Baron Cohen would've been perfect as Freddie Mercury

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I think that's who I'd heard about first. Well he's no slouch .

"Why did they ban Chocolate Orange?"

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Cool guys in the first picture, but who's gonna play the Queen?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Cool guys in the first picture, but who's gonna play the Queen?
Helen Mirren, like always .

She was always so overqualified . I particularly liked her in Excalibur – very sexy in that.

This might just do nobody any good.
With David Fincher directing no less.

*sigh*

She was always so overqualified . I particularly liked her in Excalibur – very sexy in that.
She's always been stunning and still is.