Movies to see in 2014 (Add more to the list)

Tools    

And now, 14 movies you should be drooling over in 2014!

1.Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

2. RoboCop (2014)

3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

4. Jupiter Ascending (2014)

5. Hobbit; The desolation of Smaug

6. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

7. 47 Ronin

8. Divergent (2014)

9. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

10. Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

11.Fury (2014)

12. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

13. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014)

14. Interstellar (2014)

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I will be seeing Edge of Tomorrow, RoboCop, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Interstellar, and Sin City. However, the only two that I am drooling over are Spider-Man and Days of Future Past. And the only reason I am drooling over Spidey is because I love Spider-Man, Days of Future Past, however, I expect to be amazing. Interstellar should be good too, and Sin City for that matter.

You mentioned The Hobbit 2 and 47 Ronin for some reason, even though they are already out. You could have mentioned 47 because it just came out, but it came out around the same time as Wolf of Wall-Street, American Hustle, and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, all of which, are more worth drooling over in my opinion.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
X-Men followed closely by Interstellar are way ahead of everything else for me atm. Robocop looks like it could be a worthy reboot. Everything else feels like meh.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Instead of watching these not-that-exiting new films I prefer to watch some classics I still haven't seen and rewatch some favourites.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

New Wes Anderson, Nolan, Fincher this year. Those excite me the most. If the new PTA gets a release as well I will be pumped.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is the movie I am most excited about.

Superheroes
Time travel
Sentinels/Giant Killer Robots
Alternate Realities

The Bib-iest of Nickels
New Wes Anderson, Nolan, Fincher this year. Those excite me the most. If the new PTA gets a release as well I will be pumped.
Which one is Fincher?

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
The Legend of Hercules
Lone Survivor
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
RoboCop
Pompeii
Son of God
300: Rise of an Empire
Need for Speed
Gods Not Dead
Noah
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Amazing Spider Man 2
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Hercules
Guardians of the Galaxy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Expendables 3
Resident Evil 6
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
The Hobbit: There and Back Again

I try to watch every sci-fi released each year. Here's what I'll be watching in 2014:

Interstellar
Robocop
Snowpiercer
Edge of Tomorrow
Planet of the Apes
Godzilla
Jupiter Ascending
Transcendence
The Maze Runner
Tomorrowland
Monsters: Dark Continent
After The World Ended
The Prototype
Divergent
The Girl

Just saw a preview for a movie called Draft Day that looked good.
Looks interesting, I may have to add it the list with the other 3 million films I'm watching this year.

Every year,it's more sci-fi and less drama. I don't want to see any movies in 2014 :/

Finished here. It's been fun.
Inherent Vice is going to be fantastic. Thats the movie I am really looking forward to.David Fincher's Gone Girl might be great, and there will be most certainly many others that catch my interest over the next couple months.I dont really care too much about all these summer blockbusters and remakes though. Although the Godzilla trailer was pretty damn cool.

Here are a few others I didn't see mentioned above!

- Her
- Earth to Echo
- Maleficent
- 22 Jump Street
- The Boxtrolls
- The Interview

- Dumb and Dumber To
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1
- Annie
- The Hobbit: There and Back Again
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Get On Up
- How To Train Your Dragon 2
- Pompeii

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Maleficent and The Wind Rises should definitely be on the list.

Well, there is The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter also, from Isao Takahata, director of Only Yesterday. He is the greatest living drama film director. Reviews on the IMDB appear to like it:

"Very good reputation in Japan
5 December 2013 | by labelleequipe25 (Japan) – See all my reviews
I've already watched this film 3 times! I was deeply moved and couldn't stop crying every time.

I believe that "Princess Kaguya" is the best Ghibli film in the past 10 years because of the beautiful hand-drawn animation and touching story.

Japanese audience and critics are also very positive for this film, compared to other Ghilbi films.

Hayao Miyazaki is a genius but his recent films are always controversial since "Haul's Moving Castle".

One of the reason is that he relies on his imagination and makes light of a script. That's why quite a few people can't fully understand his recent films and sometimes blame them. ("The Wind Rises" was a tragedy in this meaning.)

Isao Takahata, the director of "Princess Kaguya", is a very good director known for "The Grave of Firefly" but not so active since "My neighbor the Yamada".

His philosophy is very different from that of Hayao Miyazaki. Isao Takahata thinks the scenario is very important and he prefers realism to fantasy.

"Princess Kaguya" is based on the Japanese oldest folklore "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter". But Isao Takahata transforms it into a universal humanistic story by describing Princess Kaguya as a realistic girl.

This film contains many fantastic scenes and they play as good eye candies. But the brilliantly illustrated life and emotions of the heroine is the most important part in this film. And that's what the director wants us to try to sympathize.

The beautiful and artistic style of this animation is suitable for this theme. Because this apparently unfinished animation gives us the room to imagine by ourselves.

Isao Takahata says, "The animations tend to deprive children of their own imagination by pushing them someone else's fantasy. We have to make another animation which let them imagine by themselves".

I can't wait to see the responses from the worldwide audience! Hope you will like this film too!"

Apparently, it appears to be better than The Wind Rises and Mark Schilling put it into the 1st place for his top 10 2013 films. He took 14 years, so it must have been time well spent.

Isao Takahata...He is the greatest living drama film director.
No he isn't.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."