Upcoming animated films (2014)

Tools    

Here's a list of them (Sorry for no links, not up to 25 posts yet).

How to Train your Dragon 2
The Legend of Oz: Dorothy's Return
Tarzan
Lego Movie
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Wind Rises (US and I believe a few other countries get in 2014)
Rio 2
The nut Job
The Congress (foreign film. French I believe)
The Book of Life
The Boxtrolls
Hell and Back
Big Hero 6
Planes: Fire and Rescue
Mr. Peabody and Sherman
Me and My Shadow
Muncle Trogg
Phineas and Ferb
Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery
Stan Lee's Might 7
The Addams Family
The Tale of Princess Kaguya
Tonka
Wrinkles

That's all that I know of, and I'm pretty sure those all come out in 2014. If you know of more or know otherwise, please let me know so I can edit this post.

As for the reason I'm making this thread, I want to know what everyone thinks of this line-up. Honestly, in my opinion, I think How to Train your Dragon 2, Rio 2, The Wind Rises and Lego Movie are the only ones going to be worth anyone's time. In fact. How To Train Your Dragon 2 is pretty much a shoe-in for animated film of the year, I don't see anything else coming out that can compete. Anyone have any thoughts they'd like to add?

What is that Tarzan one? A remake? Don't know how I feel about that. The original Disney one is perfect.

Of course I'm very excited for The Wind Rises, Miyazaki's last film!

That's about it for me.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Tarzan is a different movie altogether even though it's Tarzan is based off of the Disney one. Even the character model looks pretty much the same. The movie looks pretty poor over all though. The animation is at best on par with that Snow Queen movie that's trying to cash in on the hype of Frozen. There's also some extraterrestrial bs added to it so it can become a nature versus machine movie, but it seems to do it in all the ways that used to make people hate those types of films.

Loved the first How to train your dragon I gotta see that. Lego movie looks pretty funny but I could be wrong but last I heard TMNT isn't an animated movie I could be wrong.

Loved the first How to train your dragon I gotta see that. Lego movie looks pretty funny but I could be wrong but last I heard TMNT isn't an animated movie I could be wrong.
I'm pretty excited for the second one. The trailer makes it out to be a pretty grand scale of a movie.

I am most excited to see How to Train Your Dragon 2.The first movie is one of my favourite animation movies.

Still, a year without a Pixar film is quite saddening.
A few years ago I would have agreed with this statement. But Brave, Cars 2 and Monsters University were all disappointments. The next Pixar movie is Finding Dory, yet another sequel. Yeah there's a chance they could still pull off something worthwhile like they did with Toy Story 3, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I can't say I'm looking forward to any of these. I'll probably see How to Train Your Dragon 2 because I love the first one, but I've seen the trailer for this one and it doesn't look all that promising.

A few years ago I would have agreed with this statement. But Brave, Cars 2 and Monsters University were all disappointments. The next Pixar movie is Finding Dory, yet another sequel. Yeah there's a chance they could still pull off something worthwhile like they did with Toy Story 3, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I can't say I'm looking forward to any of these. I'll probably see How to Train Your Dragon 2 because I love the first one, but I've seen the trailer for this one and it doesn't look all that promising.
I agree. Pixar made some of the best and definitely most memorable films of the 2000s, but right after Toy Story 3, something went wrong.

Their two sequels, Cars 2 and Monsters University, were highly unnecessary and Brave was a very basic story that lacked the usual Pixar originality and daringness, in my opinion.

Finding Dory is once again an example of a totally unnecessary spin-off/sequel or so it seems...

I'm not sure what to expect from their other two announced projects yet, Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. The former seems like something that could be interesting.

I edited the first post because I found a more extensive list, although I may want to check it a bit further, it listed the Snow Queen as a movie coming out in 2014, but I've seen the DVD in retail stores already so this may not be entirely accurate.

I'm not sure what to expect from their other two announced projects yet, Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. The former seems like something that could be interesting.
I hadn't heard about these two. Inside Out looks like it could be good if they don't screw it up. The other one doesn't look promising.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
The Wind Rises is the only one I'm really interested in. I might check out Dragon 2 if it follows the books more closely.

The Wind Rises is the only one I'm really interested in. I might check out Dragon 2 if it follows the books more closely.
Have you seen the trailer? I haven't actually read the books but maybe if you see the trailer you'll know:

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Have you seen the trailer? I haven't actually read the books but maybe if you see the trailer you'll know:

Judging by the trailer they might be starting the dragon rebellion already though it seems a bit too early for that. In the books the Vikings used dragons for transportation, war, carrying good and so on. Eventually the dragons get fed up with this and declare war on the Vikings. I haven't read all the books yet but the dragons vs. Vikings war doesn't start until the eigth or ninth book so I doubt the film series will be throwing that at us so quickly.

The biggest problem I had with the HTTYD movie was that it got rid of the Dragonese language. In the books the dragons have their own language which only Hiccup and a few other humans speak. Without any dialogue all the dragons in the movie (except for Toothless) seemed to be little more than eye candy while in the books they are pretty interesting characters. The line about Hiccup learning more about dragons might be foreshadowing him learning Dragonese but I'm not holding my breath.

Judging by the trailer they might be starting the dragon rebellion already though it seems a bit too early for that. In the books the Vikings used dragons for transportation, war, carrying good and so on. Eventually the dragons get fed up with this and declare war on the Vikings. I haven't read all the books yet but the dragons vs. Vikings war doesn't start until the eigth or ninth book so I doubt the film series will be throwing that at us so quickly.

The biggest problem I had with the HTTYD movie was that it got rid of the Dragonese language. In the books the dragons have their own language which only Hiccup and a few other humans speak. Without any dialogue all the dragons in the movie (except for Toothless) seemed to be little more than eye candy while in the books they are pretty interesting characters. The line about Hiccup learning more about dragons might be foreshadowing him learning Dragonese but I'm not holding my breath.
I guess, we'll have to see, but it's possible that because this is a kid's movie and they'll want to avoid actually killing someone people care about, it's entirely possible they may not have the dragon rebellion at all, as I'm sure people would die in that. However the dragonese language, that could be something Hiccup's mother teaches him. I'd be interested in seeing that play out. Maybe I ought to start reading the books myself.

I agree. Pixar made some of the best and definitely most memorable films of the 2000s, but right after Toy Story 3, something went wrong.
UP actually:

2007 - Ratatoille, 85/100
2008 - Wall-E, 87/100
2009 - UP, 86/100
2010 - Toy Story 3, 60/100
2011 - Brave, 45/100

Not interested in the stuff they made after 2009 right now.

It's just that the creative team working at the studio has been effectively disbanded. The guy who wrote Toy Story 3, for instance, is the same who wrote Little Miss Sunshine.

I think if we want creative from Disney, we have to rely more the team that made Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph and Frozen. They've made better movies these last few years than Pixar has.

i cant believe rio and planes are getting sequels. im looking forward to how to train 2 though

Finding Dory is once again an example of a totally unnecessary spin-off/sequel or so it seems...
Actually, it kind of makes sense IMO. Dory has some kind of mental problem, right? Her getting lost seems plausible.

Yeah, Toy Story 3 and UP were some of the latest great Pixar movies so far.

You guys see yesterday that Pixar are likely to be making a full-length Star Wars feature?