Pirates Of The Carribean 5

Tools    

So rumour has it, its been announced and once again Johnny Depp is in line to be Jack Sparrow.

Im wondering if its actually going to happen and what they will do with this one. Carry it on from the origionals, or go from the last one.

Personally id quite like to see a return of the old cast and carry it on from there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790809/

Part of me also thinks, are they over doing it by bringing another out, as I wasnt overly keen on the last one without the origional cast, Elizabeth Swan and Will Turner.

First was fan-freakin'-tastic. Second and third were worthwhile. Fourth was genuinely bad. Seriously, I was genuinely stunned by how meh On Stranger Tides was. I expected the second and third films to take a hit but be reasonably fun, and they were, but I wasn't prepared for the dropoff from the third to the fourth.

I'm actually at the point where, unless a fair number of reviews use the word "resurgence," I might not even bother to rent this.

Its not one im going to go see in the Cinema, no matter what reviews it gets in all honesty. Like you I was overly let down by the last one.

The only way this one will be redeemed is if it went back to its origional cast and plot in all honesty otherwise I doubt I will even watch it.

The first films are good, I love all of them. But these follow ups are an insult to the audience. Bit like Star Wars 1-3.
I own the original POTC boxset trilogy but have no time for the new one at all.

I'm seriously not bothered by the 'new trilogy', the fourth is such a let down I probably won't even see the 5th film unless it appears on telly at some point (when it's released).

I'm surprised by the response to this. While the fourth movie was by no means a masterpiece, I thought it was infinitely more entertaining than the overly long third film and I missed neither Will Turner nor Elizabeth Swan.

If they make a POTC5 I will see it.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Despite three fairly disappointing (in my eyes) sequels, I would probably still go and see a fifth entry to the series based purely on how fanastic the first film was; arguably the best pure summer blockbuster of the last decade. I shall continue to go back again and again, just hoping they can capture that element of pure fun again.

The second film is actually pretty good, but both it and certainly the third just got bogged down for me in trying to build the story into this epic mythology. Felt kind of like the Matrix sequels. They just kept adding characters and plot elements until it became so bloated.

On Stranger Tides was massively disappointing. The makers of the film were making all the right noises beforehand; jettisoning a lot of baggage, returning to the fun of the first film, eliminating the dull Will/Elizabeth romance etc but they still messed up.

They got rid of some characters to seemingly make it a tighter effort, just to repopulate it with new characters. They freed us from an increasingly annoying romance, just to throw another one at us. (I mean really what was that mermaid/ missionary relationship all about?)

that's what she said...
It just isn't the same without Kiera Knightly (Sry if I spelled her name wrong.) I didn't even see the most recent one in theaters because in the previews I was like WTH?! WHERE IS ELIZABETH SWAN?! I loved the first and second one. 3rd was okay and I can't give an opinion on the 4th. But what I have to say about the 5th is this: BRING BACK ELIZABETH AND WILL

Doubt they'll be in it, not after the end credit sequence on the third movie.

They'd get away with Elizabeth or Will, but I doubt with both.

Just bring Elizabeth back then, she was fun and ballsy, they can make do without Will

Its not so much the romance that I miss, It was.....the fun, lightheartedness for lack of better explanation.

News from August and September 2012... Depp has signed on for Pirates 5 but he is having to wait until The Lone Ranger is done and dusted before he can start any filming or even prep for the film...

... there is a script written for 5, and one in the works for a 6th film. If all works out they will apparently shoot back to back to complete a second trilogy.

Orlando Bloom has also been quoted as saying he would mind returning in the role of immortal Davy Jones replacement Will Turner...

... no news from Knightley as of yet though.

Pirates 5 is billed for a 2015 release.

I enjoyed Stranger Tides a lot.

POC is nothing but The Adventures of Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow has surpassed Indiana Jones,Han Solo.He is the greatest movie character of all time

News in us that Jeff Nathanson, the man behind the script for Catch Me If You Can is on board to write Pirates 5.

The 4th one was just terrible, but it would be interested to see a 5th pirates movie. They need screenwriter Ted Elliot to come back, and gore verbinski.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Jumped the shark, perhaps? Do I care, absolutely not. Johnny Depp's performance as Jack Sparrow is consistently one of the funnest things for me to see, I loved all of the movies thus far, honestly, even On Stranger Tides which didn't have too thick of a story, and I think that there's a lot left to tell for the story. We are just now getting a in-depth back-story on Jack Sparrow after all.

I don't really know what to expect with number 5. The forth was ok. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I expect the fifth to gross a billion dollars as well.

News in... 2015 is the release year, probably summer.

New directors brought in as well... Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, known collectively in onscreen credits as "Roenberg" are joint directors for the film.
The two were responsible for 2012 film Kon-Tiki... and 2006 film Bandidas starring Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz.

Kon-Tiki was well received at the time but comedy Bandidas was met with mixed reviews.

Depp is returning, along with a possible return from Penelope Cruz.

No other news as of yet though.

I like the trilogy,the fourth one not as much but I've seen it once,still would watch the fifth.