Alien (1979) Theatrical cut vs. Director's cut.

Tools    

For me its the theatrical, I do like the directors cut... but ultimately it doesn't add much more to what is an already amazing, horrifying, tense experience.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well I think I like the director's cut better but only because of two scenes. The additional footage of Brett's demise, and the scene where Ripley is chewed out more, for not letting them in. But aside from that, I don't like any of the additional footage I don't think.

One scene in the director's cut I do not understand though, is why does Ripley go back into the basement part of the ship? There is a bomb about to go off, and she decides to go back into the basement area, for no reason, then go back up. I didn't understand this, which is maybe why it was cut in the first place?

Sorry my answer was about Aliens when i answered before,about the alien director s cut i don t know the difference btw them tbh, can someone tell me what scenes were cut out from the theatrical?

How they made the cat stay in it s place and showing it look at the alien killing and holding Brett up into that sealing is just movie magic, amazing scene

Gonna go with the Theatrical Cut. Although, I do like how they cleaned up the starfields for the DC.