Chris Hemsworth
0%
0 votes
Liam Hemsworth
7.69%
1 votes
Joel Edgerton
13 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Who's your favourite big, and current, Aussie Star?

Hugh Jackman
Cate Blanchett
Chris Hemsworth
Liam Hemsworth
Joel Edgerton
Hugo Weaving
Eric Bana
David Wenham
Sam Worthington
Geoffrey Rush

But you could say the same about Mel Gibson and whether or not he's American.

I always thought Geoffrey Rush was British until I read up about 15 minutes ago.

Friend of mine went to school with Joel Edgerton and they ... um ... became intimate (it's ok, the friend was a girl). While we are on the topic, I went to school with Daniel Wylie (Muriel's Wedding, Chopper, Romper Stomper). Can you add him to the list?

Seriously though, I'm biased but I like them all. Love Cate Blanchett obviously and of the guys I've always been a big fan of David Wenham. Of those not included, I've got a lot of time for Guy Pearce.

I didn't think Guy Pearce was still that big tbh. He did a bit of a bit-part in Prometheus a couple years ago but I've not seen anything really notable from him since Memento in 2000.
Most of his stuff has been bit-parts, background 15 seconds of screentime and cameos.

I can't add Daniel Wyllie to the Poll now I've already posted it Sorry bud. He's not that famous a star at the moment either

Crowe qualifies for both really. In his childhood he went back and forward and performed (music and acting) in both countries. As an adult he has mainly stayed in Australia but always had strong links to NZ - in fact, his cousins both played cricket for NZ.

I didn't think Guy Pearce was still that big tbh. He did Prometheus a couple years ago but I've not seen anything really notable from him since Memento in 2000.

I can't add Daniel Wyllie to the Poll now I've already posted it Sorry bud. He's not that famous a star at the moment either
Pearce has been busy but some of the roles have been smallish. Maybe Lawless was the last lead role? Apparently he was in Iron Man 3 but I haven't seen it.

Just kidding about Wylie - he's well down on the list of Australian stars.

I liked Daniel Wyllie in Chopper though. He was great as Bluey, especially when he ends up in situations he's uncomfortable in.

Favourite-Hugh Jackman
Biggest-Hugh Jackman

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Not the biggest, but Eric Bana is certainly the best. His performances in Munich and Chopper are incredible.

Also, I can see Margot Robbie being a potentially huge star in the future. The Wolf of Wall Street was her real breakthrough role. She is only 23 and also has a very charismatic screen presence. She is also hot as hell:

Nicole Kidman

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kidman.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	12377  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra