Captain America: The First Avenger

→ in
Tools    

I really love what the Marvel Cinematic Universe has become. A modern depiction of our world with technological advancements all pointing in the right direction. From what I've seen, they do include your usual Hollywood cliches; to name a few, boy/girl afraid to express love, unrealistic fight scenes and action scenes. For example all these highly trained soldiers unable to hit Captain America with a single bullet? Come on.. but the general substance of the stories and other fine details outweigh this annoyance. I love anything that probes the thoughts of genetic advancements; scientific enhanced evolution, and aliens, which are prime underlying subject matter of this film. Also the special effects utilized to make Chris Evans appear skinny for a good chunk of the film were impressive. I look forward to the future this universe has to portray.

7.5/10

I personally enjoyed it quite a bit. It was certainly better than the first Thor. I also rated it at about 7.5.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

A lot better than I anticipated. Most of the allure of the film I think comes from the charismatic Evans as Cap.

In terms of how much I enjoyed Phase 1 movies:
Avengers
IronMan
Thor
IronMan 2
Caps

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Iron Man 2 is basically Marvel trying to get the sequel out there while it was hot and not really having the right story to be in place for the Avengers set-up. That film was a misstep in my opinion.

Suspect's Reviews

Iron Man 2 is basically Marvel trying to get the sequel out there while it was hot and not really having the right story to be in place for the Avengers set-up. That film was a misstep in my opinion.
I have the same feelings. I understand that they had to set up the Avengers, but I still wish they could have pushed it to the side more. It just didn't click for me, having the main plot sort of share the spotlight with Nick Fury's stuff.

The cool thing about the Captain America movie is that it is it's own movie, save for the ending of course. No Avengers initiate sub plot whatsoever, yet still stays in line.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
In terms of how much I enjoyed Phase 1 movies:
Avengers
IronMan
Thor
IronMan 2
Caps
Dead-on. I'd swap the first Iron Man and Avengers, but that's just me.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I thought Captain America sucked. I atleast enjoyed Thor, Iron man, even The Hulk. Captain America on the other hand is easily the weakest of the bunch.

yeah i agree. and one thing else is that if the movie is about one character so they should not introduce others like Iron Man and others. they should only focus on Captain America if the movie is about him. same they have done in The Winter Soldier focusing on Bucky most.