Child's Play Remake

Tools    

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

UPDATED: Child's Play Remake in the Works

Child's Play
While many of producer David Kirschner's recent movies with his partner Corey Siniega, such as the biopic Miss Potter and the upcoming Martian Child, might not necessarily be "Shock-worthy", Kirschner's second film, Child's Play roughly twenty years ago kicked off a popular horror franchise that has inspired many imitations and four sequels.

ShockTillYouDrop.com
had a chance to interview Kirschner for his upcoming movie where he surprised us by announcing that they were working on another "Chucky" movie, which would be a remake of the original Child's Play. (But surely, we all knew this was coming, right?)

"We're discussing it with Don Mancini, who has written all of them with us from the beginning," Kirschner told us. "The next one we're going to do is we're going back and remaking the first one and even pushing it further and making a very terrifying version of the first one, which is pretty scary as it is."

UPDATE: A bit of a misunderstanding from our original conversation, which David was nice enough to rectify. They've been talking to Don Mancini, writer of all the films and director of Seed of Chucky, to actually direct the remake, something that was a bit unclear. David told us, "Don has been my partner from the beginning of this franchise and has some very very creepy and scary ideas about going back to the
original and giving it some more bite that we believe will satisfy the appetite of today's horror fans (and loyal Chucky fans, as well.) Our hope and plan is that Don will write and direct the film and he and I look forward to getting the studio on board with us asap."

Source: Shock Till You Drop

If you have not seen the original Childs Play I do not recommend you to c it but maybe the remake. The remake could make it X10 better. I mean look at the remakes for Friday the 13th and Halloween if you dont believe me.

Wat was the supposed to mean?!?!

What does 'wat' mean?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Yes, and if you do see them and agree with movieaddict, then I'm guessing that you're either:

13 or;

An idiot.
13 year olds know how to write. It's not the age it's just that the person is mentally incompetent when it comes to grammar skills.

13 year olds know how to write. It's not the age it's just that the person is mentally incompetent when it comes to grammar skills.
Sod all to do with spelling or grammar. If you think that the remakes of either Halloween or Friday The 13th were better than the originals, then you're either 13 or an idiot.

Sod all to do with spelling or grammar.....
Sod is turf or grass. So I dont know what you're referring to here

If you think that the remakes of either Halloween or Friday The 13th were better than the originals, then you're 13 or an idiot.
Kinda harsh dont you think? So you're an idiot if you like films I don't like?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
If I had to take a guess I think that honeykid either called you 13... Or an idiot.
^^

Listen the originals SUCKED!!! Thank GOD they made remakes for them and I hope this one will be as good as Friday and Halloween!!!

A system of cells interlinked
No, they didn't. You seem to think that newer = better, which is rarely the case in film. Most remakes are crap, and you will find most of the people on the planet who know the first thing about cinema would agree. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but for the most part, remakes = crap.

You see, the original Friday the 13th was a good piece of no-budget film making that actually tried to focus on suspense, and the gritty cheapness of the flick helped sell the idea. When frippin' Michael Bay gets behind a remake of a cult horror film, he can only do wrong.

That said, the new film is NOT a remake of the original, as they include the backstory from parts 1 and 2 in the first few minutes of the film. The kids talk about the events of the first silm while they are out in the woods. It's clearly and unequivocally NOT a remake, but a re-imagining of the mythos for a new age.

Alas - I am done explaining this flick to people, as it's a piece of crap to begin with. I just like dumb Jason movies, for some reason. Also, I have a feeling this won't make a difference.

I like the childs play movies they're fun to watch. I own all of them but I enjoy the first one the most. I just don't prefer a remake to be done to this. The original is a classic. I know that they're trying to make the remake darker than the what the first ones were, but still. Who knows, the remake might be somewhat watchable.

Yeah it could be a uprise in the Childs Play franchise or a downfall cause I kinda enjoyed the movies but not completely I hope this will improve my thoughts about this movie

oh man.. i hope not.. it gets more ridiculous each time..

like it~~~~~~~waiting!

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
The remake is currently in production. Lars Klevberg (Polaroid) is directing with Tyler Burton Smith (Kung Fury) having written the script. The new Chucky is a smart-doll whose been reprogrammed by a very ticked-off and suicidal worker. Don Mancini has nothing to do with the new film but because MGM owns the rights to only the 1988 film (Universal owns the sequels), they have been allowed to remake it.

Gabriel Bateman is the new Andy Barclay with Aubrey Plaza as his mother and Brian Tyree Henry as Det. Mike Norris.

Mancini will continue his story arc via a television series and eventually more straight to DVD sequels. From what it sounds like, this may just be a one-off.

The remake is currently in production. Lars Klevberg (Polaroid) is directing with Tyler Burton Smith (Kung Fury) having written the script. The new Chucky is a smart-doll whose been reprogrammed by a very ticked-off and suicidal worker. Don Mancini has nothing to do with the new film but because MGM owns the rights to only the 1988 film (Universal owns the sequels), they have been allowed to remake it.

Gabriel Bateman is the new Andy Barclay with Aubrey Plaza as his mother and Brian Tyree Henry as Det. Mike Norris.

Mancini will continue his story arc via a television series and eventually more straight to DVD sequels. From what it sounds like, this may just be a one-off.

A TV series reboot, about a smart-doll that has been reprogrammed