The Batman

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
LOTR would be sacrilege. However by the time that happens Cinema will be dead and it will be some epic long TV series that can really take a lot longer, perhaps over a few seasons to properly do it.

I hold out hope that one day we will see The Silmarillion, preferably on TV again over several seasons.

Welcome to the human race...
I can't wait until we're all just re-enacting our favourite movies in a post-apocalyptic wasteland for the amusement of future generations.

He was actually decent as Batman... it was the studio interference, choice of director, and the writing that let it all down.
His initial entrance in BvS was cool as well. Skimming across the ceiling and stuff... and the fight when he rescues Martha was awesome.

I've got an awful feeling though...

... if he's handing over to a new, younger character... who will it be? I mean, Robin is dead, as we saw from the suit in BvS... and there hasn't been a single, younger character at all that the mantle of Batman could be handed to.

Are they going to jam 3 movies worth of plot into a 2 hour show, so they can get a new younger character, who then becomes Robin, who then becomes Nightwing, who then becomes Batman?
All in one movie?

Knowing how packed the other movies have been, I already feel overwhelmed with plots.
i just like christian bale as batman, i don t know it s just the nostalgic me speaking of how much i admire the nolan trilogy

Interesting to see Nolan come up again... since his movies, it's been impossible to make a DC movie and have people like them... I think Nolan broke DC when he made his trilogy.

Huge mistake not getting Bale signed up for more movies and Man of Steel being an embarrassment ruined DC.

Basically a lack of forward planning unlike Marvel.

This might just do nobody any good.
The Dark Knight movies will always work best as their own thing.

At least ur not giving them an average rating xd

Welcome to the human race...
Interesting to see Nolan come up again... since his movies, it's been impossible to make a DC movie and have people like them... I think Nolan broke DC when he made his trilogy.
Eh, people liked Wonder Woman and Aquaman well enough - the latter even managed to beat out The Dark Knight to become the highest-grossing DC movie. Say what you will about their actual merits, you can't really say that people don't like them.

Also, what Saunch said.

Sure, but I think bring Bale onboard would bring a lot of goodwill and credibility with it. That being said it might not have worked at all without Nolan at the helm and taking Bale's Batman out of the realism of the DN trilogy.

Quite a weird situation over at DC in that their 2 flagship heroes Batman and Superman have commercially performed quite poorly in the 3 movies post Dark Knight, whereas the 2 lesser known characters are performing well commercially and in terms of reception.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think one reason why Aquaman and Wonder Woman outperformed the others is because the others were directed by Zack Snyder and his movies are so desaturated and bland looking compared to Aquaman and Wonder Woman, and I think that plays a big part in how people enjoy it whether they realize it or not.

Yea, why they stuck with Synder after Man of ****e is a mystery to me. Just one of many fumbles by DC on their recent journey.

Now the days haven't any new scripts for the writer so, everyone making a remake and Sequels.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Affleck went to Jimmy Kimmel Live to officially announce he's done with Batman

Did anyone see Scott Adkins' 2013 audition video to play Batman? It was leaked around the same time the annoucement that Affleck would no longer play Batman.

I saw that Adkins video and it’s... sort of laughable.

I think Aquaman and Wonder Women success sees what happens when you just let a director and there crew do there jobs without hovering over them. Kennedy could take some notes on this as well not named JJ Abrams with the Star Wars films.

Batman v Superman was pretty much all Snyder and Kennedy did let a director run wild with their vision on Star Wars and they’ll never hear the end of it (though, thankfully, for the sake of principal, they’re undeterred.)