Child's Play Remake

Tools    

I never understood the praise this movie gets. A remake sounds damn silly to me but then again I disliked the movie. I will say Tom Holland was brilliant with his Psycho II screenplay and Fright Night directorial debut.

They should remake Maid to Order. Hey, why not? It's the 2010's, people!!

It's more that the movie was infamous on release as a video-nasty, and had a tough time in the press after some apparent copy-cat murders leading to it being banned in some countries.
Funny thing is, people were moaning about it encouraging violence in children, even though the movie wasn't aimed at kids

The original though is cheesy horror tbh, and is more of a cult movie than anything else.
Cult films tend to have an element of schlocky fun about them, Child's Play isn't any different really.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Here's a BTS look at the new Chucky. And the company instead of Good Guys, will be known as the BUDDI doll.

Bryan Tyree Henry's in it so I'm intrigued for now haha

No brad dourif for me is a no go...brad dourif is the one that made the original work, don t ask me how,i just like his presence on screen, in line with his amazing performance in The exorcist 3

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Kid looks wayyyy to old for a doll. He should be playing Fortnite.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Sometimes I really wonder what makes big franchises end up in the hands of inexperienced people. I mean, it actually looks promising If I have to be honest and maybe it’ll be an interestingly different take on the series.

But what I mean is just what makes the studio pick such inexperienced hands to do stuff like this. I looked at what these guys had done before and that’s basically nothing. Anyways, I’m happy for them though. Nice they get such a great chance.

Let’s see how this one pans out...

Oo I adore the look of this one and like the wi-fi/super upgrade element but does that mean the 'voodoo/spirit' element has left this film?
Yes but the essence of it is still there. Apparently

WARNING: spoilers below
It's something like: the designer of the AI designed the code so that when he died, the AI would wreak havoc.

Something like that.

For a while I wasn't so into this, but I'm liking what I have seen so far. I'm not placing bets either way, but as usual I hope it's good. I'm glad that, from the looks of it, they're bypassing the goofy vulgarness of Dourif's Chucky - which I love but is not something you could imitate without paling in comparison - and instead are just going for pure horror.

The director is an Ingmar Bergman fan. So there's that.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I am interested in the idea of a Child's Play remake and think it can be done well, but I agree that the kid looks too old for a doll, and they needed to cast someone younger.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Sometimes I really wonder what makes big franchises end up in the hands of inexperienced people. I mean, it actually looks promising If I have to be honest and maybe it’ll be an interestingly different take on the series.

But what I mean is just what makes the studio pick such inexperienced hands to do stuff like this. I looked at what these guys had done before and that’s basically nothing. Anyways, I’m happy for them though. Nice they get such a great chance.

Let’s see how this one pans out...
My best guess is it all comes down to the pitch. They must have had an idea on how they wanted to present the remake and the studio must have been on board with it.

Maybe a short demo of what it could look like and done.

Maybe compare it to Peter Jackson and Lord of the Rings? He had an impressive resume beforehand though, but none of those movies would say he could handle a big budget film like that. He sold the idea based on his pitch of how he'd do it.

Suspect's Reviews

Child’s play was more entertaining when I was a kid. As an adult...I can definitely see a lot of room for improvement with a remake

I'll give it a chance.

The promotional material for this new Child's Play are menacingly hilarious!

Chucky kills Woody

Chucky kills the Easter Bunny
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa