The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Nostromo87 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
He better delete a ton of messages because he's going to see an influx soon.

Suspect's Reviews

Recently the combo of other creative interests and my job have pushed me in other directions. However, I want to Re-focus. What horror movie movements are passerby's getting into?

Between expressionism, giallo, exploitation, slashers, zombies, sci-fi horror, anthologies, etc, I'm intrigued by Exploitation horror. It's almost paralyzing in a way, there's SO many horror movies I'd like to watch of all different kinds.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	mmyrs.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	51028  

Let the night air cool you off
I haven't been watching much of anything, but soon I am going to watch the only Russian horror film that I can find that seems all that interesting: Viy (1967)

If somebody can point me to some unknown Soviet horror film that I've never heard of, I'd be thrilled. As far as I can tell, this is the only interesting looking one I can find.

I also plan on watching a few more J-horror films. I might watch a few of the late 90's-early 2000's J-horrors with my little brother and maybe a few 70's/80's more exploitation-y J-horrors on my own.

With all the Top 100 Forum lists the site has put on, which are some of you all's favorite?

Many people seemed to love the 70s list.

Unfortunately he was quoted several times. Commander John Connor, however, did delete his post.

A reminder to participants to send your vote in private message rather than publicly in the thread.

Unregistered User
I also plan on watching a few more J-horror films. I might watch a few of the late 90's-early 2000's J-horrors with my little brother and maybe a few 70's/80's more exploitation-y J-horrors on my own.[/quote]

Have you seen R-Point (2004) ? I loved it and never hear it mentioned here.

Edit: One eagle-eyed reader pointed out my geographical mistake. R-Point is in fact not J-horror. Should read K.

With how this Horror List came about, and a previously banned member (me) helming a forum project about terror, we have an alignment of elements that seem to be, in a way, freezing up conversation. Opening myself up to suggestions, criticism even, and for how other members are having fun with horror films in the weeks leading to the mid-March vote deadline. Don't hesitate from knocking me in the chin, may even inspire better discussions and spur ACTION. To be entirely honest, I'm swept up in a magical rock music ride, as I jam out on my new headphones five nights out of seven every week knocking out long midnight/early morning shift responsibilities unloading trucks and stocking shelves. To align these dilemmas -

What Are Some Rock Songs From Horror Movies You Enjoy?

@cricket @Citizen Rules @Yoda @TheUsualSuspect @cat_sidhe @HashtagBrownies @CosmicRunaway @Swan @mark f @The Rodent @CiCi @MovieMeditation @Iroquois @Jase @rauldc14 @edarsenal @Captain Spaulding @gbgoodies @the samoan lawyer @matt72582 @SeeingisBelieving @gandalf26 @Funny Face @anton @Golgot @Cobpyth @Sedai @jiraffejustin @Derek Vinyard @Tugg @Yam12 and anyone else passing by

Here's a first pitch fastball with a twist, as this isn't the Dokken song people would expect from this movie.

Featured in "A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors" (1987), starring Heather Langenkamp, Patricia Arquette, Laurence Fishburne, Robert Englund, John Saxon, and directed by Chuck Russell.

"Into The Fire" from the album Tooth And Nail (1984) by Dokken.

Good band. With George Lynch on Guitar, Jeff Pilson on Bass / Background vocals, Mick Brown on Drums / Background vocals, and Don Dokken as Lead vocals.

-Message dispatched from the USCSS Nostromo.
Attachments

Name:	Dokken_-_Tooth_and_Nail.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	51204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dokkentooth.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	51205  

I gotta be honest, I don't even remember specifically noting rock songs in horror movies! But then, I've never been a huge horror fan. I guess it was big in the 80s?

Here's one, about a horror movie rather than appearing in it. "Night Of The Living Dead" performed by The Misfits and released as a single on October 31, 1979.

Attachments

Name:	misfits1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	51206   Click image for larger version

Name:	misfit.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	51207  

I gotta be honest, I don't even remember specifically noting rock songs in horror movies! But then, I've never been a huge horror fan. I guess it was big in the 80s?
Seems accurate to me. Now that I pose the question, there could be some good ones featured in the 60's and 70's as those were good horror movie and music times too. Hmm.

Didn't even recall when in the film, possibly when Annie and Laurie are riding around in the car in Haddonfield, Illinois. This appears in "Halloween" (1978) evidently. From their Album Agents of Fortune, "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult released in 1976.

Attachments

Name:	DontFearTheReaper.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	51208   Click image for larger version

Name:	boc.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	51209  

My local indie theater has a free poster bin, and last night I scored Hell Fest, Hereditary and the "Forty Years of Terror" Halloween poster (basically just the classic one).

P.S. I actually liked Hell Fest a lot and it held up wonderfully my second viewing, but regardless of Opinions, no one can deny the poster is rad as hell ().