Movie Tab II

Tools    

From Dusk Till Dawn 6/10

Silly film, good entertainment though.

Rock School - These kids can rock!! Very interesting Documentary and Frank Zappa Music, what more could I have asked for? 5/5

Matrix

The movie's clean from start to finish. Nice shots, good CGI, etc, etc, but what gets me is the way it plays into every nerds fantasy. Neo, the lone nerd stuck in the real world and all alone, is some how special. He's finally found by other misfits and they decide to go against what they can't belong to. Bologne. It's anti-authority in every way possible. I don't even know if Neo, Trinity, and the rest of that crew are good guys or bad guys. They pop fools like pimples on a regular basis regardless of who they used to be. My favorite thing about this movie though is how the nerd fantasy works with Neo and Trinity. There's Trinity who is the all american hardcore independent lesbian and there's Neo who's the all american loser who hates life. The nerd, Neo, not only gets to protect the figure he can't have, the lesbian/trinity, but he eventually conquers her emotionally and sexually and succeeds in breaking down every wall built to keep nerds in their respective places: in their room and all alone.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by OG-

You better believe I watched it.
I could only ever have imagined that a film like that could exist in my dreams. Now they have come true...

The Birds (Dir. Alfred Hitchcock, 1963)
Still a classic and still one of my many favourite Hitch films. Everytime i watch it I still find myself shocked. And i still can't help thinking that a few hundred birds must have died during the making of it.

Sin City: Recut. Extended. Unrated (Dir. Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino, 2005)
What a superb DVD. This is what televisions are made for. I much preffered watching the extended, individual stories than the entire theatrical release. Rodriguez really knows how to put together a dvd. He even throws in a recipe for breakfast burritos. They looked gross but its still an awsome extra.

Zathura (Dir. Jon Favreau, 2006)
Good fun. I liked Jumangi and i love the imagination of Chris Van Allsburg so i thought i'd give it a go. I want to play Zathura.

Final Destination 3 (Dir. James Wong, 2006)
Lets face it, you don't go to see this for the story or the acting. Well i dont anyway and if you do you are a fool of the highest calibre. I go to see the inventive ways pretty teenagers can die. This was good, but not as tongue in cheek as the second one was. I preffered the humour in that.

Taken (Dir. Tobe Hooper, Thomas J. Wright ( and many more) 2002)
I started watching this a few weeks back and i finally finished the entire series the other night and i was really impressed. With each epiode lasting a hefty 80 minutes, they each felt more like mini films than episodes. Some briliant acting and writing on here. A truly epic sci-fi story with amazing emotional impact. The story follows four generations of families as they try to understand the reasons they are being taken by aliens, and as the series continues we see the story start to come together. It begins quite slowly, but once the final result is realised, it's superb viewing. I would recommend this to anyone with a slight interest in sci-fi. Philosophical, emotional, intelligent and thrilling. Great viewing. Dakota Fanning and especially Matt Frewer blew me away.

In the Heat of the Night 8/10

Classic

This film had a wicked chase scene in it that ended with the flying bikes.

i watched The transporter....14/feb./2006

Saw 2 - Better than the first, 3/5.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Escape

This film had a wicked chase scene in it that ended with the flying bikes.
You mean the speeder bikes? Yeah, those were cool in Return of the Jedi.... In the island they were a funny homage (at least I hope it was homage)...

Bonnie and Clyde 7/10

Excellent

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Bonnie and Clyde
i love that movie!!

Romie and Michele's High School Reunion 5/5, i swear it gets better with each viewing...

Saw II

Wo de fu qin mu qin - (1999) 3˝/5

Great little movie but a bit drawn out in places...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Millions (2004, Danny Boyle)

4/5

Imagine Shallow Grave with Thatcherite greed replaced by a more caring, sharing ethos.

And kids.

Excellent children's fantasy (which has a few echoes of Time Bandits, hooray!) with strong performances by Jimmy Nesbitt and Daisy Donovan. Young Alex Etel and Lewis McGibbon steal the show though.

There's also a great turn by Alun Armstrong as St Peter...

"I'm on the door."

A system of cells interlinked
It's the Rage (Stern, 1999) - Entertaining, but not great... Anna was in it, though...

The Blame Game : Are We a Country of Victims? - News special from the mid 90s, so it's a tad outdated, but still a great piece...

Put me in your pocket...
Little Caesar (1931) ~ It's been a long while since I'd seen this...I still like it a great deal. Edward G. Robinson is terrific.

In Her Shoes (2005) ~ I liked this alot...it was much better than I thought it would be. I liked the story and Toni Collette is wonderful. And, eventhough the critics around me waved Cameron Diaz off...she also did a fine job with the scenes that were not her in her stereo type. I liked the two women together.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Millions (2004, Danny Boyle)

4/5

Imagine Shallow Grave with Thatcherite greed replaced by a more caring, sharing ethos.

And kids.

Excellent children's fantasy (which has a few echoes of Time Bandits, hooray!) with strong performances by Jimmy Nesbitt and Daisy Donovan. Young Alex Etel and Lewis McGibbon steal the show though.
I loved that movie.

JACKASS.....THEY WERE REALLY JACKASSES!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Peep Show: Season 1-

"Well at least i don't fancy elves and pixies"
Peep Show is fantastic, isn't it? I think the second season is even better.

Metropolis - actually the first silent film I have seen. So many things about it were great, but so many were not - the heinous over-acting, for example. Overall, pretty good.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The Lavender Hill Mob (1951, Charles Crichton)

5/5

I've been running out of superlatives during my recent Ealing-fest so just get yer Roget's out and pick five words from the 'wonderful' list.

Guinness is just so fantastically mannered in this - his slight stoop, his slight speech impediment, the slight feeling of unease you get when the camera lingers on him. I've never seen a better screen actor and Alec's at the top of his game here.

Oh yeah, The Lavender Hill Mob is being remade by Dean Parisot. After seeing The Coens royally mess up The Ladykillers I don't have high hopes for this. Two of the reasons why Ealing comedies were great was because of their subtlety and - take note Mr Parisot - their Britishness...