I Will Never Go Back To The Cinema

Tools    

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Would You go to the cinema with me next time, please?
I really want to hear dialogues and soundtrack instead champing. That would be so nice...
There are couple cinemas, where poeople aren't allowed to eat popcorn, nachos and so on. But even there happens annoying situations. For instance, last time some woman was late for the movie and she started 'whisper' to people in her rowe, that they were siitting in her place. So people started move from their places.
I also love when people, who are late, lighting their phones to find out their chairs.

So when we are going to the cinema?

Would You go to the cinema with me next time, please?
I really want to hear dialogues and soundtrack instead champing. That would be so nice...
There are couple cinemas, where poeople aren't allowed to eat popcorn, nachos and so on. But even there happens annoying situations. For instance, last time some woman was late for the movie and she started 'whisper' to people in her rowe, that they were siitting in her place. So people started move from their places.
I also love when people, who are late, lighting their phones to find out their chairs.

So when we are going to the cinema?
Hey, what about me? I'm a warrior, too. But, admitingly, increadibly physically weak. I'm a complete and utter spineless whimp. I'd probably get my ass kicked and thrown through the wall or the screen into another cinema where they'd accuse me of breaking into it and entering, so they'd kick me over to the next one, and so on until I return to the original one. Like a human clockwork. Only, each clock breaks after a while. You people should take better care of us. They'd take me to a rewinding hospital.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Hey, what about me? I'm a warrior, too. But, admitingly, increadibly physically weak. I'm a complete and utter spineless whimp. I'd probably get my ass kicked and thrown through the wall or the screen into another cinema where they'd accuse me of breaking into it and entering, so they'd kick me over to the next one, and so on until I return to the original one. Like a human clockwork. Only, each clock breaks after a while. You people should take better care of us. They'd take me to a rewinding hospital.
Sounds great. You can go And don't worry, we will beat them.

I always remember my Enemy Mine experience because I had quite an encounter with the cop.

As said, the lights came up shortly after the movie started.
Two cops went up and down the aisles and the lights stayed on as one cop positioned himself by the door. The movie had already been disrupted and everyone kept turning around to look at the cop and people were murmuring about the lights.

So finally I decided to go to the bathroom (and find out what was going on).
The cop was a real jerk as he asked me, "Where do you think you're going?"
"To the bathroom," I said. "What's going on? Are you guys looking for someone?"
He said, "If you're going to the bathroom then just go and mind your own business."
That kind of irked me so I said, "I paid money to watch this movie and now it's been disrupted, so it kind of is my business. Are you going to stand here through the whole movie or are they going to turn the lights back down?"
Then he said, "Either go to the bathroom or go back to your seat."

So I went to the bathroom and when I returned the lights were still on and the cop was still there.
So again I said, "What's up?"
He said, "What do you want? Are you going back to your seat? You better go back to your seat unless you want trouble."
So I said, "Are they going to give us a refund since you disrupted the movie, won't tell anyone what's going on, and won't let them turn the lights down?"
He said, "You better mind your own business."
I said, "It is my business - I paid money to be here. Are we in danger? Is there someone armed in this theater or something?"

Then people around us started murmuring louder.

Then I asked, "Are they going to give us a refund? This movie cost a lot you know."
The cop said, "That's got nothing to do with me - take it up with the theater manager. I'm on police business, now either go sit and shut up or else I'll cuff you right here and you can sit out the movie in the back of the squad car."

So I went back to my seat where my friend was waiting. After a while the cop left and the lights went down - at least the first half of the movie had been disrupted.

Afterward I got into it with the theater manager. They refused to give a refund, a partial refund or even comp tickets to a future show, saying it was a police issue beyond their control and had nothing to do with them.
Good story, Captain. Got my blood boiling.

That clip is from "The Opposite", where George decides to start doing the opposite of what he would normally do in any given situation such as calling out annoying audience members instead of quietly putting up with their antics.
One of the best sitcoms ever...along with All in the Family.

I am pretty badass, I will agree.

I certainly didn't find it funny at the time, but looking back now it is pretty funny how I taught these people a lesson. I just wish I hadn't trashed my house in anger.

I don't take drugs lol. I did what I did to defend the rights of everyone who was there to watch the movie.

If people are causing problems about your movie experience you need to take a deep breath, take a step back and ask yourself if if it's worth getting angry about. Control your impulses.
I agree.

They needed to be taught a lesson. As I said, the people applauded me for doing what I did. I kicked some serious ass and I consider myself a hero if I am being honest with ya.

Most people were grateful to me for sticking up for them. From now on, when someone talks at the movies I will kick their ass.

This reminds me of the time I went to a local theater and the guy behind me was kicking my seat. I asked nicely the first AND second time for him to stop. He just laughed and did it even harder. I even got up and moved, him and his punk friend got behind me again and proceeded to do it again. I got up and stood on my seat and peed on them both. Yep and then this girl thought I was a hero and asked me to go home with her. Her boyfirend got mad and told her to go to hell and he left. I told that girl that she looked like Angelina Jolie and what do you know - she was. I told her I hated her in Gia and that I wasted my money watching that crap, then I bitch slapped her. I guess someone called the cops, but when they got there they saw it was me, I am a cop too, and they left after giving me high fives.

I decided to leave because now the movie was ruined and on the way out I took all the popcorn and candy I wanted and dared the manager to say something. He gave me free passes for a year and told me how sorry he was. I punched a Thor marketing sign on the way out and said "Yeah take that Thor!".

All in all it wound up being cool to be a hero, but the movie was ruined for me. When I got home I hugged my dog.

This reminds me of the time I went to a local theater and the guy behind me was kicking my seat. I asked nicely the first AND second time for him to stop. He just laughed and did it even harder. I even got up and moved, him and his punk friend got behind me again and proceeded to do it again. I got up and stood on my seat and peed on them both. Yep and then this girl thought I was a hero and asked me to go home with her. Her boyfirend got mad and told her to go to hell and he left. I told that girl that she looked like Angelina Jolie and what do you know - she was. I told her I hated her in Gia and that I wasted my money watching that crap, then I bitch slapped her. I guess someone called the cops, but when they got there they saw it was me, I am a cop too, and they left after giving me high fives.

I decided to leave because now the movie was ruined and on the way out I took all the popcorn and candy I wanted and dared the manager to say something. He gave me free passes for a year and told me how sorry he was. I punched a Thor marketing sign on the way out and said "Yeah take that Thor!".

All in all it wound up being cool to be a hero, but the movie was ruined for me. When I got home I hugged my dog.
Thanks so much for sharing. I feel your frustration and I congratulate you on standing up to those people and protecting the other people who were just there to watch the movie.

Reminds me of the time I broke the projectionist's legs. I saw him up there talking over a megaphone trying to bully us. I shot a hose at him. Broke his legs... on the spot.