Ufc

Tools    

Time to ressurect this thread.

Going into UFC on Fox 9, I'm having a friend make just one bet for me and that's Joe Lauzon at -175. I got to lay $1750.00 to make $1000.00 but that's ok. I think that's the best pick of the night.
I also like Chad Mendes, but at -850, he is not worth the risk.
Just re-watched Velasquez- Dos Antos.
What can I say. I love Jnr. and his never say die attitude ( boy,can he take a beating ) but Cain's non-stop in your face cardio is just out of this world. That guy is the pit bull of the heavyweights and I don't see anyone beating him soon.

Let the night air cool you off
I didn't know this thread even existed.

On JDS, he can take a huge beating and that fight probably should have been stopped way sooner. I really dislike Cain Velasquez because of his boring style, but he will probably hold onto the belt for a while.

Anybody have predictions for Silva/Weidman 2? I think Silva will take this fight seriously and prove the first fight was a fluke and that he beat himself more than Weidman beat him.

I like Weidman at + 120 but I'm waiting for the line to move more in Anderson's favor before I bet.
The first fight was no fluke. Anderson likes to showboat against guys that he thinks can not hurt him. Now he knows but it won't matter; he will get hurt again. He has aged and his reflexes are not as good as they used to be.

Well, that was an easy $1000.00 as my boy Joe Lauzon handily beat Danzig. My pick Mendes also won but I did not bet him.
Still waiting for the line to move more before I parlay on Weidman.

Let the night air cool you off
I like Weidman at + 120 but I'm waiting for the line to move more in Anderson's favor before I bet.
The first fight was no fluke. Anderson likes to showboat against guys that he thinks can not hurt him. Now he knows but it won't matter; he will get hurt again. He has aged and his reflexes are not as good as they used to be.
It's funny how one knockout completely changes the perspective on Anderson. His antics definitely got him in trouble here, which is fluky to me. I don't think it has anything to do with reflexes. Anderson was playing possum with the spaghetti legs, and it ended up biting him on the ass. I don't see him playing around this time. If Anderson loses this time it will be because Weidman took him down and stayed on him for 5 rounds. I don't see Anderson being caught like that again.

It's funny how one knockout completely changes the perspective on Anderson. His antics definitely got him in trouble here, which is fluky to me. I don't think it has anything to do with reflexes. Anderson was playing possum with the spaghetti legs, and it ended up biting him on the ass. I don't see him playing around this time. If Anderson loses this time it will be because Weidman took him down and stayed on him for 5 rounds. I don't see Anderson being caught like that again.
It's not about Silva ( his time has passed but he will probably see the light and retire after this fight ), it's about Chris Weidman. His wrestling is on a different level than even Chael and unlike Chael, he posseses KO power. Just ask Mark Munos. His wrestling is so good that he defeated BJJ great Damian Maia.Besides the fact that age plays a big factor in this fight, Chris is just a very bad match-up for Silva. GSP made the right prediction when he picked Chris to beat Silva , the first time around, and he ought to know.

At SportBet Chris is now +123. I love him at +130, which means for my $1000.00, I get to make $1300.00, not bad considering that this is allready a parlay. If I lose, I'll be even, but if I win ( and that's why I'm betting ), I'll be up $2300.00 ( almost pays for my last trip ).

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Well I thought I'd bump this thread to talk about Jon Jones.

How great did he look against Glover. This is a very special kid and it's going to take something special to beat him. His entrance on Saturday gave me goosebumps.