Breaking Bad

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Mama Yods, remember this scene? Hilariously awkward. Mirrored in BCS with the dinner with Chuck, his wife and Jimmy.

Omigosh, I am SO going to rewatch this series.
My apologies for enabling but I thought I would share the joy because I feel the need as well.

Do you ever watch a show backwards on a rewatch? I do that sometimes to see where I've been, like sitting at the back window of a car. Yes I know that's odd.

Wife and I are gonna rewatch too. Maybe not all; hard to say. And maybe not right away. But we've been thinking about doing it for awhile, and I think it's just about time. We might just start at season 3, or something, but I'm not sure yet.

I think it's really interesting revisiting the pilot to see how much they changed.

Oh god, but that's also quite tragic. Sweet Jesse was so innocent back then, coming out with cowhouse, which I think Aus or you mentioned later in the thread.

Mama Yods: but I think I'm starting to grasp for SOMEONE to root for, and even Marie has had her nasty little moments (lying klepto, anyone?).

Yes. Skyler was right - she was a spoilt little bitch, but I think she redeemed herself when Hank was crippled. I found it really painful to watch her tending to him and he completely shut her out, no doubt from pride that she even had to wipe his bum. Humiliating. Just a broken relationship through no fault of their own. I felt for both of them at that time, and sort of understood why she went back to stealing.

Yods: Once again, Walt shuts his sins up in a barrel. Not a duffle bag or a chest or anything: a barrel. The same thing he stores dissolved bodies in. This time, it's where he stores his blood money. Hard not to wonder if his fate is to end up in one of them.

Oh that was creepy but nicely put and a great observation.

Yods: we're gonna order pizza and watch the premiere and it's gonna be greeeeeaaaaaat.

So funny that was the one and only take.

Hilarious it ended upright. so hungry right now.

OK that'll do for a bit. Only up to page 29 and I've probably given hundreds of reps.

I'm gonna say yes.

GoT - The writing is good but it's the budget and the cast that make it so good.
So the writing, budget and cast are all good? That's a win-win in my book lol!

The Walking dead has fell apart. Totally ran out of ideas since season 2. This whole Negan thing is tiresome. Zombies are bad, people are bad, rinse and repeat.

Haven't seen Black sails.
Well, to be fair TWD is closely following the original source, mainly the comic. I read them all before they were all taken offline. Read up to the end of Rick's war with Negan and a small bit of the new arc.

BTW, Black Sails is awesome, well worth a watch. Much better than that junk Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm really sorry there is only one episode left. I will really miss it,

Legend in my own mind
So the writing, budget and cast are all good? That's a win-win in my book lol!

Well, to be fair TWD is closely following the original source, mainly the comic. I read them all before they were all taken offline. Read up to the end of Rick's war with Negan and a small bit of the new arc.

BTW, Black Sails is awesome, well worth a watch. Much better than that junk Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm really sorry there is only one episode left. I will really miss it,
Yeah I love GoT. The writing is good. With BB and BCS the writing is exceptional. The character development is some of the best that I have seen.

TWD is the same two story lines spread over 9 seasons.

Black sails and Vikings are on my watchlist.

@Skepsis93

wait...wut? Yoda called it on Hank having the revelation while on the toilet? That is outstanding, Yods!!!

Edit. I mean you called that Hank would be on the toilet, not that you were on the toilet.

LMAO at the video ash linked with the boy on the dirt bike. You got me!!!

I watched Ozymandias again last night. I forgot how damn good that was.

nd I also forgot which page I was up to in the thread

@christine

Can't remember if I've posted on this thread yet, but just watched the last ep of season 4 and I'm just blown away ! Me and my son have followed it since the beginning when it was screened in the UK on one of the cable channels ages ago. I've always loved the clear light of the photography and the framing of some of the shots is awesome, but even this beauty has got better and better till this last series, well I dunno how anyone can top that amazing look! I love everything about it and keep telling people to watch it!
Michael Slovis has such a great eye!

Mama Yoda: The real question is: Was I the only one who thought EVER SO BRIEFLY that Gus was a Terminator-type robot (like Schwarzenegger) when he walked out of that room and turned his head?

Urgh some tool on imdb posted the photo of that the night before the finale. I will never understand what possesses people to do that.

@Yoda

Oh, and I've heard it suggested (and I think this pretty much has to be true) that Gus was involved with Pinochet down in Chile. That would explain a lot, particularly his keen instincts.
Yeh I'm actually hoping they run with that this season.

Mama Yoda: Yeah, I'm curious about Gus's past in Chile now too. And the way they say it, so much depends on whether Gus is using his real name. If he's used an alias since leaving Chile, then he could've been anyone and the secret is what his name used to be, which would be enough for both the cartel and eventually Hank to KNOW who he "is" ...

Fring - German. Madrigal?
And I always thought Lydia looked Chilean. Gustavo's daughter or maybe even wife?

So many possibilities.