The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Well . . . .Ra's Al Ghul's not dead . . . . .

I think Selina Kyle would be a valuable addition even if there was no mention of her feline thief counterpart until the last few minutes of the film.What about Morena Baccarin?It's a tough role to cast but it seems like the kind of thing the Begins crew could hit out of the park.

Well, I can see why if they don't. I think they're trying to make their own mark, and they're already treading in familiar ground with the Joker. To introduce her would seem too similar to the Tim Burton formula. Personally, I think the Burton movies were overrated.

...uh the post is up there...

I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet but ticket is booked for thursday and I can't wait.

I like the idea of introducing another character at the end of the film to set it up for another but as they have already done that maybe not.

catwoman , riddler maybe but has to be done right and absolutely no way can jolie do it as she is totally the wrong person for this.

this doesn't mean I have the answer to who it should be just the answer to who it shouldnt be.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If it had been made a few years ago, I'd say Catwoman should be played by Kristen Scott Thomas. Ever since I saw her naked in The English Patient, she's reminded me of a cat. She's still young enough to pull it off and she's a very good actress, so who knows?

considering Nolan's ultrarealistic approach to this movie series... many enemies can be almost excluded immediately... clayface and some of the more supernatural enemies for example,
Robin won't be in it because
1 this is the beginning of batman's "career", robin doesnt come in until later
and 2 robin is roughly the same age as barbara gordon (who becomes batgirl not the barbara gordon that is jim gordon's wife) and in the movie we see gordan's unnamed daughter who i assumed was barbara and she was still very young, like under 8-12 so it will be a bit until her and robin grows up enough to become batmans sidekicks (however with twoface, nolan has the potential to start a storyline that has him kill robins parents)

RAS Al'GUL is indeed dead and nolan has stated he won't be immortal like in the comics, however a potential villian would be his daughter Talia Al'Gul and she could bring Ras back from the dead if nolan wanted :P
Harley Quinn would be another good villian, but a joker would be needed for her story and IMHO noone can play it as well as ledger (RIP), The penguin could have a role but as was stated by someone else it would work better to have him as like a mob boss or arms dealer or something along those lines.
I think Mr. Freeze would be an alright villain if he was done properly

Well, in my little knowledge of the Bat-verse, i'd say they should follow Miller's Dark Knight Returns and fast forward to him being aged, fighting Two-Face and Superman- obviously cut out the Joker part, unless use an older actor- Pacino would be a hoot! Superman would have to be played by a stocky and older actor, would be a great final bow for Patrick Swayze to take before he stops acting, if he does. Think Ellen Page would be the first name that springs to mind for the girl in the graphic novel and don't dislike that thought either. Wonder if Eckhart and Bale could keep their roles with makeup, though?

... that would be frackin' sweet to be realised on screen by Nolan

I don't think there's any way Nolan hires someone like Jolie to play Catwoman. It's just not his style. He seems to understand that superduperstars tend to overpower their roles. He's picked accomplished actors, but no Pitts or Jolies or Cruises. I think that's by design, and I think it's wise.

I'd be down with The Riddler, though the route they took with The Joker might have preemptively stolen some of that thunder, as he had plenty of puzzles of his own. I think the two would feel a bit similar, though I'd certainly trust the Nolan brothers to compensate for this, if that's the tack they decided to take.

I, for one, like the Penguin. I agree with Holden that Burton's already gone the most viable route there (IE: the idea of a mutated man, basically), but it was still borderline comical at times, and a Nolanized Penguin would presumably be far more disturbing.

I don't know the ins and outs of Batman lore, but I would hope there's a more obscure villain or two available, though it's hard to think of a fitting choice to end a trilogy (which I believe Nolan had said, from the beginning, was what he envisioned).

A system of cells interlinked
You know, at some point in The Dark Knight, there is a clever little cat reference that, on my second viewing, I took as a subtle clue about the third film. I can't remember when it happened though!

Anyone else catch it?

I remember!

Lucius and Bruce are talking about the new suit, and Lucius says:

"It should be fine against cats."

or something like that...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wayne asked Fox if the new suit could stop a dog bite.

He respondes...

It can stop a cat.

Suspect's Reviews

You ready? You look ready.
McClane said he was somewhat underwhelmed by the score, which is a load of horse pucky, if you ask me.
I felt the Joker theme was underwhelming, but that's just me.

I loved the hell out of the film and it should get some awards, but I'm not claiming all the big ones so soon. Which was the main discussion of this thread.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You ready? You look ready.
I remember!

Lucius and Bruce are talking about the new suit, and Lucius says:

or something like that...
Actually, he said it should be fine against dogs. Referencing to when he got bitten at the beginning by one.

No, he didn't. Time to see the film again.

"How about dogs, Lucius?"

"Dogs? We talking Rottweiler or chiuaua?"

"Big dogs..."

Lucius didn't say it would be fine against dogs in that conversation.

Well, You are right on another conversation. Alfred is giving him crap when he arrives at the secret hideout, and chuckles when Bruce tells him it was a dog. Bruce tells him it was a very BIG dog.

See, as far as jokes go, it's kind of odd. Certainly not funny enough to make a final cut. So, if it's left in there, I think Sedai's right; there's a good chance it's a hint about what might be coming next.

Nolan seems to like to give hints in his dialogue. He telegraphed one of the events in the film with a comment Alfred made to Dent, and I locked on immediately. It was then reinforced by another small comment Rachel made to Batman.

After seeing what he's done with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, you're still not prepared to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt? The guy's earned it.