The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
ADMIN NOTE: this thread's title has been updated to reflect the announcement of the film's title. Any speculation about the title in this thread reflects the fact that it was originally "Untitled The Dark Knight Sequel."

Well with the Dark Knight shattering Spider-Man 3's record of money made in one day (TDK made $66 million) it is inevitable that there will be a sequel. So, I made a little survey:
  • What villian would you like to see?
  • Who would play this villain?
  • How many villians?
  • If more than one, What villain would this be?
  • Who would play the other villain(s)?
  • If Christopher Nolan doesn't return, who would you like to see direct?
  • Robin, or no Robin?
  • If you read the comics, which comic would be your primary influence?
  • Any addition comments
Here are my answers;

What villian would you like to see?

The villian that I would like to see more of is Two-Face. Not only does he have a great actor playing him (Aaron Eckhart) and one hell of a special effects job on him but I really like his origin.
WARNING: "Two-Face origin" spoilers below
Joker helps kidnap Harvey Dent and his lover Racheal Dawes, tieing Dent to a chair surrounded by bombs doing the same to Dawes across town. Dent tries to escape, spilling some of the bomb stuff on half of his face. Joker gets arrested and while in the interrigation room he tells Batman of his plan and he has to choose one to save, Dent or Dawes. Batman chooses Dent, he barely gets there in time and when it explodes it burns Dent's the part with the bomb stuff. While in the hospital, an escaped Joker turns Dent evil and bitter because of Dawes death.

Comics origin
WARNING: "the Dark Knight" spoilers below
I think he was introduced too much just to die like he did.

Who Would Play this villian?

Aaron Eckhart was really good in TDK, and I can't see why if they brought Two Face back why he couldn't come back.

How many villains?

I say 2, Two-Face's origin has already been explained, and it would get a bit old after a while just to see him wreck up the place.

What villain would you choose for the other villain?

I say the Riddler, his origin isn't too complecated. In the comics it is just that he was a kid who loved brainteasers and would do anything to cheat, turning to a life of crime later in his life.

Who would play this villian(s)

I say, Jim Carrey. He was completly in the role and was very underrated in Batman Forever.

If Christopher Nolan doesn't return, who would you like to see direct?

I say David Fincher. He has already proven himself as a director with Fight Club, Zodiac, and Se7en, most are crime dramas, which what was so great about TDK.

Robin, or no Robin?

NO!!!!!!!!!!! Robin and Joel Schumaker are what killed the Batman franchise in the first place.

If you read the comics, which comic would be your primary influence?

For the Riddler I say "Detective Comics 140" his first apperance ever.

Any additional comments?

Well, rumours are circulating that people want Catwomen. For my pick of that, Angelina Jolie.

Right now, I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet. But I will. As for the third, Christopher Nolan I'm sure will return, as well as Christopher Bale. If neither of them do....fu*k it.

I for one do not want Robin. He ruins the picture. Christopher Nolan did state at the very beginning when he did Batman Begins he was not using Robin at all. I hope to God he never does.

As for villians, I'd like to see villians never used in Batman films. There are so many to choose from. I'd have to come back and think of what ones I'd like. It's too early though.

As for Angelina Jolie as Catwoman????? Please. I'm sick of Angelina Jolie.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It's rather see The Riddler and Hush as the next villains.

Suspect's Reviews

Right now, I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet. But I will. As for the third, Christopher Nolan I'm sure will return, as well as Christopher Bale.
I know that Bale, Caine, and Oldman are all under contract for a third Batman movie, Nolan however, isn't, this is why I posed the question.

As for Angelina Jolie as Catwoman????? Please. I'm sick of Angelina Jolie.
Then who do you think should play it? I mean she can really act if she wants to.

I think The Riddler fits in easiest with what they've done so far, but he's also not really a physical villain so you almost have to throw in a second villain or crisis...although they could make him much more demented and sadistic, more like their version of Jigsaw from the Saw franchise. Scientist Kirk Langstrom and his Hyde transformation to The Man-Bat could be done, but then you're into heavy CGI and more of a supernatural/monster kinda thing, which Nolan has avoided so far, and you also then have a villain that at its most evil isn't really about the power of the actor's performance, as with The Joker, but just about the effects. It's really more of a Spider-Man kinda thing. Though if you've ever read Marvel's Kraven's Last Hunt, since that's much too dark a story for them let happen in the Spidey movies, if Nolan took that tone, especially the way that they handled Vermin, that attitude with Man-Bat and Batman could work.

They could do The Reaper, another vigilante formed when his loved one is taken by Gotham's street crime, though he is a flat-out killer, which of course puts him in contrast to Batman's more civic-mindedness. And maybe even better for the movies is The Wraith, who like Bruce Wayne lost his parents at an early age...but his folks were criminals who were killed by a young officer Jim Gordon, so of course his costumed vigilante activities are directed at Gordon and the Police and the Batman who is in his way, but using the same kind of methods.

There's gonna be pressure to do both The Penguin and Catwoman at some point. Catwoman I can see Nolan and company reimagining, though like The Joker it will all be about the casting. But it'd be tougher to find a new ripple to The Penguin. Burton already took him the macabre freak route, and to have him be the more dapper criminal of the comics doesn't really fit especially well with the Nolan films.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
I say choose Hush and have Catwoman as a 2ndary character in the movie. It could be great. I also think that if they had Bane done correctly it could be cool. He is smart and brutal in the comics, and I think that they could make him look realistic and menacing in the movie. I dont think that Riddler, Killer Krock, or Clayface would work in Nolans universe, but man would it be bad ass for Ron Pearlman to reprise his role as Clayface....Could be pretty bad ass indeed. Penguin could be done, They tone down the diformity a little bit and make him more human he could work as a great 2ndary character. Make him an arms dealer or something of that sort and it could realy work... No robin, at all, what so ever, end of discussion. Robin = camp, and this franchise that Nolan has created is to amazing to infect it with the shite character, plus it just wouldnt work IMO. I dont know who I would cast as HUSH or CATWOMAN but I know based on the previous films, Nolan wouldnt dissapoint.

I don't think Hush is a good choice. "Hush" is a 2002-2003 comic book story arc that ran through the Batman monthly series. and it involves everyone from Killer Croc, Catwoman, Poison Ivy Superman, Harley Quinn Dick Grayson (Robin), Thomas Elliot (a.k.a. Hush), The Riddler, Nightwing, Ra's al Ghul, Robin and Clayface.

And to narrow a storyline that big to one film will be kinda hard. Hush I doubt will be his choice anyway.

Two face is only introduced in DK, right? I was under that impression, so I figure he'll be the next villain. As for others, I think Clayface could work. If they would use another director, I'd like to see David Cronenberg.

...uh the post is up there...

Two face is only introduced in DK, right? I was under that impression, so I figure he'll be the next villain. As for others, I think Clayface could work. If they would use another director, I'd like to see David Cronenberg.
WARNING: "TDK" spoilers below
Two-Face is introduced. But he may have died. (see IMDB)

I don't think Hush is a good choice. "Hush" is a 2002-2003 comic book story arc that ran through the Batman monthly series. and it involves everyone from Killer Croc, Catwoman, Poison Ivy Superman, Harley Quinn Dick Grayson (Robin), Thomas Elliot (a.k.a. Hush), The Riddler, Nightwing, Ra's al Ghul, Robin and Clayface.

And to narrow a storyline that big to one film will be kinda hard. Hush I doubt will be his choice anyway.
Fair Enough...
I was thinking of that as well, but I think that they could use the character of Tom Elliot in general, I was simply stating that it could be cool to see on screen, not the actuall story arc in full as the movie. I totally get your point though...

...go see the movie

I want to see some Bane done right.

The original Bane was a bastard, the Batman & robin Bane was just a retard. If they do him, they better get it right.

The original Bane was a bastard, the Batman & robin Bane was just a retard. If they do him, they better get it right.
I would love to see Bane break Batman's back! I have nothing against him, but damn tell me that arc didnt have you cringe a little.

If Robin is ever in the movie, they should fast forward to "a death in the family" arc and just leave it at that....The death of robin would be a great time indeed...Seriously though, like I said before...NO ROBIN

Well . . . .Ra's Al Ghul's not dead . . . . .

I think Selina Kyle would be a valuable addition even if there was no mention of her feline thief counterpart until the last few minutes of the film.What about Morena Baccarin?It's a tough role to cast but it seems like the kind of thing the Begins crew could hit out of the park.