Lud's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

"The Descent" is one of the best horror movies in recent years. The night-vision scenes were scary as hell! It was lots of fun, I absolutely love it!

Have you ever seen part 2 ?

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I didn't bother with the sequel. I assume it wasn't as good.

I think The Descent is ok. I don't know if it's the same now, but in my mind this is one of those films that is much better thought of in the US than it is here. When I saw it I was, as usual, the odd one out among my friends as I was the only one who didn't hate it. I did prefer the film before the talc covered Gollum's showed up, though, but I do like it.

Have you seen Dog Soldiers, LuD? I think you'd like that a lot more.

I didn't bother with the sequel. I assume it wasn't as good.
Its not that bad. Same kind of stuff happening, same type of story.

I think The Descent is ok. I don't know if it's the same now, but in my mind this is one of those films that is much better thought of in the US than it is here. When I saw it I was, as usual, the odd one out among my friends as I was the only one who didn't hate it. I did prefer the film before the talc covered Gollum's showed up, though, but I do like it.

Have you seen Dog Soldiers, LuD? I think you'd like that a lot more.
I seen it a very long time ago so i can't remember much about it. may check it out again.

The Descent: Part 2 (Directed By Jon Harris)

''Everything you just said, you tell it to her face. We're not dead yet.''

Well the Descent Part 2 carry's on from where the last movie left us, and we see Sarah has escaped the caves and is lying in a hospital bed. Sarah has lost all of her memory of what happened in the caves and the events before that ordeal (her daughter and husband). She has no memory of the events that happened to her and her friends, but with the local police doing a search and rescue for the others missing, its really upto her to help them. Fast forward abit and Sarah is going back down into the caves to try to find her firends, with local police and cave divers surely everything will be okay???.

Well simple story really to carry the story on, it felt abit forced tho with the whole Sarah can't remember anything... but oh well. Well The Descent part 2 offers exactly what the first movie did, Girls Kicking ass, Horrible Creatures feeding of everything, The whole Darkness approach and of course everyone trying to escape the caves. Sarah has somehow became more of a angry head in this movie, she doesn't seem really that botherd this time around... she's got ball's now. This movie focuses on Sarah alot more this time around and the other cast members don't really do much else other than scream and get eaten, but hey that whats we want.

Overall it wasn't as good as the first movie, but it was still a good attempt. It was entertaining and it still had its jumps, tho not like the first movie i feel that was alot more scary. The Descent part 2 was worth the look and wasn't that bad.... check it out.

Going to see Reel Steal later , i'll try get a review up later on tonight.