Starship Nostromo Entertainment Log

→ in
Tools    

Promotion writeups for movies, music albums, sports (perhaps) in case events go right in college football tomorrow- Relax, have some fun, and come to the party!!!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Starship.gif
Views:	91
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	58313   Click image for larger version

Name:	FavThings.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	58314   Click image for larger version

Name:	GymClass.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	58315  

Empire Records (1995)

The staff finds out this morning that their independent music store, Empire Records, is in danger of being sold to a larger chain. Starring Maxwell Caulfield (Grease 2), Robin Tunney (The Craft), Liv Tyler (Armageddon), and some other people you may've recognized from 90s MTV stuff. They've got to gather together to throw a wild party to raise the cash and save the store. Yet over the course of the day they've also got to come to terms with who they are and who they want to be. Open til midnight.

"Attention Rex Manning Fans"
-Renée Zellweger

Rating:
7.0 / 10

A Fistful Of Dollars (1964)

When a stranger rides into the village of San Miguel, "Joe" finds two feuding families who compete for control of the town. The Rojo brothers, led by Ramon, against the Baxters. Meanwhile, Joe befriends the town's innkepper, Silvanito. Despite its riff off Kurosawa's Yojimbo, remains a favorite western and one I've found I enjoy watching more than its longer sequels.

Pretty In Pink (1986)

Razor sharp tale about the reality of pressure amidst a competitive bunch of high school seniors. Misfit Andie (Molly Ringwald) works at a music store with her friend Iona and Duckie (Jon Cryer). They're harassed by "the richies," namely Steff (James Spader), whose best friend Blane (Andrew McCarthy) falls for Andie. Gratifyingly fun film, a favorite I've watched lately.

Attachments

Name:	Debra.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	58316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fistful.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	58317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pretty.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	58318  

Gone With The Wind (1939)

The movie that's filling my head. In a land of cavaliers and the last to be seen of knights and their ladies. I've not even watched it in a longggg while, starring Miss Scarlet O'Hara and Rhett Butler, and Leslie Howard with Olivia de Havilland. Think I'll watch it soon, where are the movies like this these days, seems an appropriate time with all the imaginary fighting Fighting FIGHTING devouring, battering and BARRAGING broadcast and internet airwaves. War, war, war. This war talk's spoiling all the fun at EVERY party this spring!
Attachments

Name:	GWTW39.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	58462  

"That Rhett Butler's from Charleston, he has a most terrible reputation!"

Consider myself at a crossroads of sorts in my viewing direction over the last several weeks. For the longest time I've watched a lot of what I'd call "teen" films, as most know from my horror selections and slasher thread. Empire Records (1995) and Pretty In Pink (1986) are two such "teen films" written on in here so far, with more "enjoyable" movies like that I could talk about... At the same time I'm wanting to push more towards "grown-up" choices, if that makes sense. Maybe a mix. Oh. I recently started the process to become certified as a high school teacher, preferably in History (which I earned my degree in). In case anyone was wondering, haha

Good luck with becoming a teacher, Nostro.

You can't go wrong with GWTW, so enjoy when you do watch it again.

Sports Center Zone

Highlights throwed up, Autumn 2019

These are from my sports channel, which has over 195,000 views from previous years

Sports Center

Attachments

Name:	StuAndEisen.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	58556  

Hey @cricket , Patriot fans pleased with Sony Michel? Skilled back, and former Bulldog of Georgia. Bulldogs got a big one this weekend, against the LSU Tigers. Prevalent view seems to favor LSU.

Attachments

Name:	sonym01.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	58660  

While I'm getting the sense the college football talk won't work out, it's highly exciting material and I wanted to show people can push content in new directions. It is a big game. High-flying flash of the LSU Tigers against the strength and muscle of the Georgia Bulldogs. What do you like? Flash? Or Muscle? Anyhow, to get relatively back on topic...

I want to talk about this ↓ movie, perhaps soon

I've found I enjoy it a lot.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER

Could be regional, I do happen to be surrounded by the places winning NCAA football titles- mainly Clemson and Alabama most recently.

That's a good point. I dunno, Penn State was really good for awhile (and still is occasionally). I remember getting into one of their teams a little when they were undefeated for awhile, but it just didn't stick. Maybe less year-over-year narrative since guys are always graduating? It doesn't make logical sense to me, I find myself trying to invent reasons to explain what seems like a totally irrational disinterest.

Hey @cricket , Patriot fans pleased with Sony Michel? Skilled back, and former Bulldog of Georgia. Bulldogs got a big one this weekend, against the LSU Tigers. Prevalent view seems to favor LSU.

Fans here are not overly pleased with him, although Bill Belichick takes the hit. Not a game breaker and he doesn't break a lot of tackles, he needs top offensive line play. He's also been poor as a receiver. Would have rather they drafted Nick Chubb.

Sony was better late in his college careeer, haven’t followed Chubb closely in the pros

Sony was better late in his college careeer, haven’t followed Chubb closely in the pros
I think Sony is ok if the rest of the offense is working. He just doesn't seem to excel in any particular area.

Sony lit up Alabama for 90+ yds on only 11 carries in the National Title in 2017, that always bugged me he didn’t get it more in that game