Can't Name Horror Movie

Tools    

Sorry my details suck. There's a girl, the main character. She has a boyfriend or also friends who will be skeptics. She inherits a house or moves to one for her job. The house ends up being haunted by a demon and kills everyone. Circa 2000's.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Sorry my details suck. There's a girl, the main character. She has a boyfriend or also friends who will be skeptics. She inherits a house or moves to one for her job. The house ends up being haunted by a demon and kills everyone. Circa 2000's.
The skeleton Key (2005)?

Are you saying the characters were skeptical? Or we might be?

That wasn't it. I'm thinking there was some type of science involved. And it was this apparatus that somehow made the haunting possible. And now I am remembering that the ending may have implied that the main female character's soul was taken?

Good guess, but no. The movie you showed is a very slightly higher calibre than what I recall watching. But your trailer brings back a memory. There was a group of friends I believe who were gadget savvy. As the plot progressed, they came to her house to verify. Semi suburban neighborhood?

Eh. There were some gadgets in Thir13en Ghosts, and the house was an inheritance.

Also uh... House on Haunted Hill was like a contest. Whoever survives the night wins the house.

There was a third movie with Liam Neeson and a haunted house but I don't think there was any inheritance, but a female character was connected to the house somehow. I believe those all came out close to each other in the early 2000s.

Any guess to the age or status of the characters? Older career types or younger college kids? You think it was a theatrical release or straight DVD type?

I know I'm kinda off your descriptions at this point but maybe something might trigger another memory. Maybe someone else will have an idea through the night.

=)

Eh. There were some gadgets in Thir13en Ghosts, and the house was an inheritance.

Also uh... House on Haunted Hill was like a contest. Whoever survives the night wins the house.

There was a third movie with Liam Neeson and a haunted house but I don't think there was any inheritance, but a female character was connected to the house somehow. I believe those all came out close to each other in the early 2000s.

Any guess to the age or status of the characters? Older career types or younger college kids? You think it was a theatrical release or straight DVD type?
I seem to recall the house the girl moved into was maybe already haunted. She fixed it up. Had her bf move in. But **** started to happen. She needed help and called in friends. She was young and attractive.

Thanks, but not those either.