At Close Range

→ in
Tools    

i ve always enjoyed movies of sean penn since his early outings, and this is one very good and atmospheric film, whether its the moody beginning or the whole premise, add to that a very nice soundtrack, mary stuart masterson is a childhood crush for me, and he here she looks sweet and innocent and always have this look innocence in her movies,
James Foley does his best work here, you might think it funny to call a film with muscle shirts amd as stylish as it is ,but this film has its own distinctive style as i said before.
christopher walken is fantastic here and he always is for me, in all his movies, Great story, powerful performances. All too real. Even a bit of a storybook ending doesn't tarnish this one aswell
The dialogue is just subtle enough to feel realistic. Although the movie moves along at a slow, deliberate pace, the plot still feels nice & tight.
i have to say i enjoyed this movie a lot and waiting to here opinions here.

I also enjoyed At Close Range. Been watching it every few years. Feels like a sophisticated street b movie with some heavyweight acting. Interesting mix. Great tune by Madonna, too!

Love this move...Sean Penn has rarely been better (or looked better) and Christopher Walken has never been more bone-chilling onscreen. And I absolutely LOVE Madonna's love theme "Live to Tell"...possibly her finest vocal work.

Great re-watch, after 30+ years still holds up.
One of Penn & Walken's best performances, Mary Stuart Masterson
Soundtrack and theme song

(Used the new MoFo feature, and it works! )

Well You know, give me any 80s drama thriller anytime,i d take any of those films from that era,such a distinctive era

Strangely enough I have this movie in my Amazon watchlist. It had lingered forever in my saved Netflix dvd queue so I set out to find a place where I could stream it.

At Close Range, in my opinion, is one of the most overlooked, underrated films ever made. Sean Penn and Christopher Walken deliver incredible performances. It still surprises me that neither one of them was nominated for an Oscar that year. Unforgivable snubs.

The film's score, set to Madonna's greatest song of her career, Live To Tell, is both beautiful and haunting, and such is the song itself. Live To Tell should have been nominated for the Oscar for Best Original Song that year.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa