Are modern audiences too offended by Pussy Galore?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
My friends and people I know, do not like Goldfinger (1964), because they say Bond rapes Pussy Galore:

But I feel that a lot of people may be overreacting to it. I didn't interpret it as a rape at all. It is a forced kiss, where Bond kisses her and then she changes her mind and kisses him back, even putting her arms around him and kissing him back more. But a forced kiss is not near as bad as a rape, so I feel that audiences are really overreacting when they say that, and are perhaps being too sensitive about it and taking offense too easily?

Unless maybe I am wrong and it is a serious issue that should take offense and treated sensitively?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Friends and people I know - to - a lot of people - to - audiences - to - modern audiences.

Are modern audiences offended? Or are just a few friends of yours offended? Are they actually offended, or do they just not like a movie for reasons?

My friends and people I know, do not like Goldfinger (1964), because they say Bond rapes Pussy Galore:

But I feel that a lot of people may be overreacting to it. I didn't interpret it as a rape at all. It is a forced kiss, where Bond kisses her and then she changes her mind and kisses him back, even putting her arms around him and kissing him back more.
That's interesting, I thought you were going to say your friends don't like Goldfinger because the character is named Pussy Galore.

Who can figure kids today?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well I don't think it's just friends cause when you look it up online, there are articles where people talk about it as well and feel the same way.

“I was cured, all right!”

But I feel that a lot of people may be overreacting to it. I didn't interpret it as a rape at all. It is a forced kiss, where Bond kisses her and then she changes her mind and kisses him back, even putting her arms around him and kissing him back more. But a forced kiss is not near as bad as a rape, so I feel that audiences are really overreacting when they say that, and are perhaps being too sensitive about it and taking offense too easily?

Unless maybe I am wrong and it is a serious issue that should take offense and treated sensitively?

People get offended so easily these days...
Just enjoy the movie Iron, let they cry.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Bond is a sexual predator who treats women like sexual objects and nothing more.

Suspect's Reviews

Yeah, the problem is that Bond's always been a bad dude. People just didn't realize it until decades later when a lot of them had done a couple 180 on sexual ethics.

Welcome to the human race...
That's without mentioning the implication that she's a lesbian when she says she's "immune" to Bond's charms (which is carried over from the book), so it also comes across like he's "correcting" her sexuality through his actions.

Are they too offended? I guess that depends on what they're offended by? Does it matter if they are offended? I think that's a better question.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Wait, people are actually offended by that? What a bunch of pussies! What? Lots of people are offended by that? Now that's the real PUSSY GALORE!

Also, we've had a user with that nick! @Pussy Galore
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

But a forced kiss is not near as bad as a rape
The key word here is “forced”. Nobody wants to be forced to do anything, especially if it’s of a sexual nature.

So you’re saying that anything & everything is acceptable on the screen because it’s fiction? In other words, no censorship?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
So you’re saying that anything & everything is acceptable on the screen because it’s fiction? In other words, no censorship?
I'm all for freedom. I just wanna see some great movies from this century.

What most people who call Sean Connery's Bond misogynistic, don't understand is: that in the early 1960s the Bond films were celebrating the new found freedom of women to be sexual. A decade earlier and no way would Hollywood have allowed women to be shown so overtly sexy and interested in sex for the pure pleasure of sex. Some of you need to study history a bit more... as women in mini skirts wasn't about men forcing women to be sexy...it was about women's liberation which included women being allowed to show a sexual side in dress an mannerisms.

What liberated women was the availability of the birth control pill in 1960.
Exactly. That then kicked off the sexual revolution in western countries making movies like the Bond films possible. Some middle eastern countries have yet to catch up where women's rights are concerned. Actually the 1960s was the second sexual revolution in modern times. The first was kicked off by the events of WWI and the influenza outbreak, which resulted in a loosening of social constraints which created the first sexual revolution. The 'roaring 20s' were called that for a very good reason!