🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
"I am not programmed to respond in this area."

Mesmerized, wasn't that Nomad in The Changeling?

By the way, thanks for the photos of Mariette, Yvonne and Elinor.
You're welcome. No, that's not from The Changling.

The only two episodes which show Mr. Spock kissing

Spock and Zarabeth (Mariette Hartley)

All Our Yesterdays

Spock and Leila Kalomi (Jill Ireland)

This Side of Paradise

(Spock seems to prefer blondes)

"For the first time in my life, I was happy." - Spock from This Side of Paradise

You're welcome. No, that's not from The Changling.
It was from "I Mudd" (if that was the actual title of the episode) where Mudd had an army of androids at his disposal which the crew had to confuse to make them overload and go haywire!

It was from "I Mudd" (if that was the actual title of the episode) where Mudd had an army of androids at his disposal which the crew had to confuse to make them overload and go haywire!

Yes, my lord.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
In which episode do you hear this quote:

"I am not programmed to respond in this area."

"I, Mudd"

What about Turnabout Intruder? I mean, Dr. Janice Lester didn't die, but it does seem to me she and Kirk we're really into one another.

He only asked me about Kirk's women who died. There were several other women that I didn't mention who didn't die. (But I didn't want to spoil CR's other trivia question that I was banned from answering.)

My least favorite:

1. The Lights of Zetar
2. Is There in Truth No Beauty?
3. Return To Tomorrow
4. Obsession
5. The Alternative Factor

I agree with some of these, but "Return To Tomorrow" has one of the best speeches in any episode:

I saw an interview with Leonard Nimoy in which he said he was quite nervous while working with Jill Ireland because her husband, Charles Bronson, was on the set while they were shooting.

Ireland and Bronson were married for about 20 years until she died from cancer. Her first husband was David McCallum of "Man from Uncle" and "NCIS." They had thee sons before they divorced.

He only asked me about Kirk's women who died. There were several other women that I didn't mention who didn't die. (But I didn't want to spoil CR's other trivia question that I was banned from answering.)

Oh, I know. I meant it as a joke. Kirk and Dr. Lester were really into one another.

I saw an interview with Leonard Nimoy in which he said he was quite nervous while working with Jill Ireland because her husband, Charles Bronson, was on the set while they were shooting.

Ireland and Bronson were married for about 20 years until she died from cancer. Her first husband was David McCallum of "Man from Uncle" and "NCIS." They had thee sons before they divorced.

There's a fan-made Star Trek calendar from the late 1980s that has funny Star Trek drawings each month. One of the months had a picture from "This Side of Paradise" (from the scene pictured below) with the caption:

"And that cloud looks like Charles Bronson, and he's pointing a gun ... at me!".

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	01-startrek.jpg
Views:	1069
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	53042  

There's a fan-made Star Trek calendar from the late 1980s that has funny Star Trek drawings each month. One of the months had a picture from "This Side of Paradise" (from the scene pictured below) with the caption:

"And that cloud looks like Charles Bronson, and he's pointing a gun ... at me!".

I don't see the cloud.

Time for more of my trying to bridge ST continuity together...

Remember how I told you Kirk had the love of his life killed in the transporter accident (according to the TMP novel)?

The book described how Kirk had completed the 5-year-mission, had been promoted to Admiral and now had lots of free time on his hands.
So he settled down on Earth with the new love of his life (apparently a fellow Starfleet officer) to pursue hobbies like horseback riding & such as the two lived in rural splendor during what seemed to be one of the happiest & most stable periods in Kirk's life - until the V-ger incident when he retook command of the Enterprise and his girlfriend was killed in the transporter malfunction.

Now, cut to Generations... when Picard finds Kirk (after Kirk was apparently killed trying to save the new Enterprise) in a place I think was called the Nexus, Kirk is living out a carefree life of rural splendor; horseback riding and enjoying his time with the love of his life.

My theory is that this woman (whom we never see) that Kirk thought he was living with (as life in the Nexus was not actual reality) may have been his same girlfriend from the TMP novel as his fantasy life in the Nexus was taken from his mind when he was living a relaxed life of leisure. It seemed very similar to his life as described just before the V-ger mission.

Thoughts? Questions? Counter-theories?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Nancy Kovack as Nona

A Private Little War

Nancy Kovack
Graduated from University of Michigan at age 19. She's my favorite from the original series.

Kirk had completed the 5-year-mission, had been promoted to Admiral and now had lots of free time on his hands.

In real life, William Shatner became an unemployed actor after his success on the Star Trek series and became homeless. He was literally living in a Chevy pickup truck.