Captain Marvel

Tools    

Because trolls looking for a reaction have what they want, which means this will all wash away soon. If they were all real sexists, this wouldn't wash away soon and the event would drag on further. In fact, if there were so many sexists, why didn't they do something more drastic like boycott the movie?

Welcome to the human race...
I would think that falsifying a negative rating for the movie could be considered a boycott tactic.

I would think that falsifying a negative rating for the movie could be considered a boycott tactic.

Wouldn't a petition be the first thing that comes to the mind of someone serious about it, using the law to back them up?

I think there are some genuine trolls, sure. I also think there's a brand of troll that uses trolling as a way to psychologically rationalize away their own unwillingness (or, let's be honest, usually inability) to have a coherent and serious conversation about the things they're mad about. It's kinda weird because it involves caring enough to constantly talk about it, but also pretending not to care enough to talk meaningfully about it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Marvel have announced their post Avengers strategy titled "Phase Gender".

Basically every character will be rebooted though as the opposite gender, some will even be transgender or non binary though they cannot possibly cater to every bizarre identity. Some characters like the Hulk will be gender fluid, for example when Dr Banner is female such things as the toilet seat being left up or beard trimmings left in the sink will cause the Hulk to be a female incarnation, or if Dr Banner is currently identifying as male the car seat being too far forward or his Xbox controller being tidied up somewhere will cause a male incarnation of Hulk.

tfw white men watch my movie
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

White guys sure are touchy these days. Wonder why that could be.
Actually I loved the movie (as reported in rate the last movie saw tab).

I think that people should stop being so insulted by something stupid someone says. First, people should stop thinking about being a member of a group instead one should think of yourself as being l an individual, that way they will not feel insulted when someone criticizes "white men". It is such a silly thing to be insulted about.

A system of cells interlinked

Edit forgot strong Wamen Scarlett witch.
Witch is a good character. She is flawed, doesn't have the full trust of all her teammates, and accidentally kills a bunch of innocent people when she makes a critical error in judgment. She is a far cry from a a Mary Sue, and she is played by a skilled actress that brings depth and emotion to the role.

Say, weren't you the one that was complaining about Rey in another thread because she was a Mary Sue? So...when is a female character a good character, in your opinion?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Witch is a good character. She is flawed, doesn't have the full trust of all her teammates, and accidentally kills a bunch of innocent people when she makes a critical error in judgment. She is a far cry from a a Mary Sue, and she is played by a skilled actress that brings depth and emotion to the role.

Say, weren't you the one that was complaining about Rey in another thread because she was a Mary Sue? So...when is a female character a good character, in your opinion?
My post came across wrong earlier, no I think WW, Black widow, Scarlett Witch are all awesome characters. I just don't think we should be shoehorning in sex (or other) changes to characters whose identity is written/established seemingly to serve some left leaning political nonsense. Elizabeth Olsen is a terrific actress, amazing in Wind River.

No Rey being a Mary Sue isn't one of my own complaints (believe it or not), I actually like Rey and defended her after TFA for being a quick learner and able to defeat Kylo.

I'm not some female hating arsehole. What I do hate is when real world politics starts to interfere with movies, black James Bond for example, there's been a big discussion about it and it will probably happen because of that rather than being allowed to happen naturally.