Would you boycott Captain Marvel movie over Brie Larson's comments?

Tools    

Would you boycott the movie?
31.82%
7 votes
Yes
68.18%
15 votes
No
22 votes. You may not vote on this poll

https://www.ccn.com/captain-marvel-f...ons-man-hating

I think at least white men should boycott the movie . You can't let people who hate you earn money from your pocket .

I'm not into that kind of thing as I'm sure there's more than one bozo on every movie set. I probably won't watch it just because I'm not interested.

Welcome to the human race...
As a white man, allow me to say "hell no".

(seriously though ashdoc why do you care so much about what white people should do)

(seriously though ashdoc why do you care so much about what white people should do)
I am in the same position in my country that white men are in America . The PC brigade abuses us upper caste Hindu men regularly in Bollywood , in press , on TV . Plus our population ( i mean upper caste Hindus ) is dwindling . Minorities are increasing in population and threaten to take over society in future . But our right wing man ( PM Modi ) is in power .

Wasn't going to watch Captain Marvel anyway, but Brie Larson's comments are stupid, childish, self serving and bigoted. Disney should ban her from their future movie projects, if Mad Mel can be raked over the coals for his drunken slurs, which he later apologized for, then Brie Larson deserves to be held to the same standard.

This is an interesting topic.... but I wouldn’t boycott (even though I’m not interested in seeing it.). This is because I think we should judge art by art and leave the artist out.... my favorite piece of music was written by anti Semitic Pre-Nazi who became Hitlers favorite composer. But I think any judgement about a film/art piece should be made based on that arts criteria, not the artist. That said, comments like those of Brie Larson are absurd and very annoying: but that for me won’t be affecting my enjoyment of a movie (although I don’t enjoy most Marvel anyways).

Watch the actual interview, all she was saying is that media coverage with reviews and interviews are predominantly white males. All this nonsense about "I don't want white males watching my movie" is laughable. She was only calling for more diversity in the media

Where is the "Who Cares" option?

I am in the same position in my country that white men are in America . The PC brigade abuses us upper caste Hindu men regularly in Bollywood , in press , on TV . Plus our population ( i mean upper caste Hindus ) is dwindling . Minorities are increasing in population and threaten to take over society in future . But our right wing man ( PM Modi ) is in power .

If that's the case... its time you abide by the childhood rule of "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Or come to the Atheist side, we definitely don't have any cookies.

This whole thing is just another case of media sensationalisation and panic mongering, media lies, and twisting of fact.
As always with the media.
There's only one thing to do in cases like this... do some actual research and fact finding... then boycott the panic mongering lies spreading sensationalist media outlet instead.

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-b...for-white-men/

I won't see it because I don't like superhero movies and the only cast member I care about at all is Samuel L. Jackson. He's a badass mother ****er, but that's not enough to make me watch it. I don't give a crap about what Brie Larson has been saying.

No but it will now slightly impair my investment in her now I know she's just another Hollywood left wing mouthpiece saying useless ****.

Brie Larson is concerned there are too many white people at press confrences and so forth everybody, clearly this is active discrimination, watch as lots of non white people get fast tracked into job positions others have had to work years to get to as racial quotas are filled and logged
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Weird is relative.
No but it will now slightly impair my investment in her now I know she's just another Hollywood left wing mouthpiece saying useless ****.

Brie Larson is concerned there are too many white people at press confrences and so forth everybody, clearly this is active discrimination, watch as lots of non white people get fast tracked into job positions others have had to work years to get to as racial quotas are filled and logged
^ This.

I'm not going to watch it in the cinema because she is being racist in her "publicity" for the film. It could be about any race; it's always wrong.

I will probably watch it at home eventually though because I've seen all the other Marvel films.

I have been boycotting Marvel's movies at the theaters since Iron Man 3, 6 years ago, since then I didn't give a cent of money to marvel movies (unless indirectly through streaming services). That's not because I had a political issue with the movies but just because I was never interested enough go watch then in theaters or pay to rent then. I only heard about this Captain Marvel movie because I saw the trailer for it in Alita, overall from what I heard it appears to be another run of the mill mediocre superhero movie kinda like Iron Man 3, so I was never interested in it. I guess people should learn to get so easily offended if some actress said something that might be interpreted as kinda offensive in some way, they should not consider boycotting a movie because of that.

I think its quite amazing the degree of audience pull that marvel movies have: any mediocre movie they put out automatically earns over 600 million as if they don't need to make any effort whatsoever. Disney can insult comic book movie fans calling then trolls and it doesn't even affect the box office. Of course, review aggregator sites like Rotten Tomatoes and all major media vehicles appear to have acted to silence any voices that severely critize the movie (RT had just shut down its expectation scores to conform under Disney's interests). I it is scary that apparently Disney's tentacles are more influential than I could have ever imagined: if they want for a movie to make 1 billion they can do it just be flexing their marketing muscles and brand name recorgnition without regard to quality: their marketing is more effective than the propaganda machines of any former Soviet block country.

If that's the case... its time you abide by the childhood rule of "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Or come to the Atheist side, we definitely don't have any cookies.

Just gonna say it: life-long Christian, and I don't give a damn what other people believe. Most of my world views are those of the common atheist, but I just find it hard to believe the universe made itself.

I'll end up watching it anyway. Kevin Spacey's done worse and I still love The Usual Suspects. I agree this political bull should be kept out of Hollywood no matter how far you lean. I'm actually considering Buzz Osbourne for a role model. No drugs. No politics in music. Be free to think what you want and stop complaining about other people.

I don't know if Brie's "man-hating," but I agree that more people should be active in reviewing because it would be an interesting "subculture" to see.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I never knew about Brie Larson's comments until after reading this thread now. However, before I even knew that the Captain Marvel movie looked super cheesy in the previews anyway, so it didn't even look good anyway.