Game of Thrones: Season 8, The Final Season (spoilers)

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
SPOILERS AHEAD:

Loved with the beggining with all those quick shots of scorpions getting burned, and we'd only see the dragon for a fraction of a second. It enhanced how fast and dangerous a dragon was so the fact that he couldn't get shot actually felt real.

Not exactly sure what to think about the "battle", or should I say the massacre, yet. There are bits of it that I really loved, especially everything that involved Arya. It was great to have her showing what the experience from the streets looked like. I am curious to see how will she react on the next episode. Didn't feel a thing about the Hound nor Euron (a character I never cared about at all).

Cersei and Jamie had a nice ending though. It was nice to have them together just repeating: "nothing else matters, only us" while the world burned around them. It's a quite nice resume to the characters.

I think they are risking a lot to the last episode. As things stand won't be easy to finish the series in a way the public loves it. You now have Daenerys vs. The World. Let's see how many get burned before Jon sits on that throne.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Bob was right.

I liked this episode a lot more than the others, at least by itself.

Sure seems like the showrunners were totally unequipped to handle how popular Dany was with the fans, though, and tried to push back against that too little and too late. I get the impression a lot of viewers were shocked by what she did last night. I kinda predicted it with some friends, though, because I couldn't think of too many reasons they'd be trying to remind us of all the "the Gods flip a coin" stuff so much in the run up, so I had to conclude that they were going to do something like this, but simply hadn't done a good job of making it feel gradual and natural.

There have been plenty of examples of this, too be sure, but I think they fell victim to the same thing we saw during Breaking Bad, where people are just so used to the idea that the protagonists in TV shows are good that they'd bend over backwards to excuse things once they'd latched on to someone.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Let's see how many get burned before Jon sits on that throne.
What Throne? Everything is destroyed!!!

Suspect's Reviews

Jon Has Stark Blood and really seemed shell shocked to see people kill like this when after battling the Dead. Jon I think in this episode is done with war and fighting because seen evil in his own men. How far the Northmen have fallen since the death of Ned Stark. But Then again Northmen are also Ramsey Bolton and the Boltons.

Really looking forward to the supercut some fan's going to make of all the times Dany wanted to do (or did) something violent and awful to show everyone that the ground work being laid for this years in advance.

God, people named their daughters Khaleesi.
haha, the fools .

I was looking at GOT merchandise (cant bring myself to call it merch') in the mall Saturday trying to figure out something to get the wife for mother's day. She is a big Daenreys fan and I saw quite a few things The nicer stuff was just way too overpriced, now I am thinking maybe it will go on clearance.

God, people named their daughters Khaleesi.
haha, the fools .

I was looking at GOT merchandise (cant bring myself to call it merch') in the mall Saturday trying to figure out something to get the wife for mother's day. She is a big Daenreys fan and I saw quite a few things The nicer stuff was just way too overpriced, now I am thinking maybe it will go on clearance.

I'm available for hire if you can get 3 others for a Daenerys-shop quartet to sing for her

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Spoilerishy stuff be ahead if you haven't seen the latest EP. On mobile and can't remember the spoiler tags so, yeah.

I never expected Bernard to... Wait. Wrong series.

OK!
Weakest season for me but I concede that SOME opinions could change depending on final EP. What have we left, 90 minutes? Everything leading up to this has been dealt with, so what's left? A brief new confrontation that seems somewhat limited both in plot development and character resources? Night King? Done. Winterfell? Doubt anything more comes from there. Sam or Bran? Their uses (what little they apparently were) have passed. Bronn? Maybe, but doubt it seeing as they had a Carol Burnett cartoon of him sweeping the stage floor just to---I don't know---"have?"

So the battles are over. Is the finale going to suddenly be politicking again? There's one dragon, so not too much room for resistance or visual spectacle unless some of the prophecy stuff plays out, but that seems unlikely given the time limits. It would be cool but to open and close something so big in just one EP? Iderno.

Ugh.
!!!!

Now I understand why they didn't have her go off last episode. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like it but I also thought this was the strongest episode, perhaps of the entire series. I was a smidge surprised that she burned so much but whatareyougonnado? I swear tho. If someone stabs Dani in the back and they do same kind of ending as The Wire. I'll probably be done with HBO shows.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think a big part of the criticism is we've had to sit through nonsensical plot devices for 2 seasons to make it appear that Cersei ever had a chance, when Dany just nuked everything in 5 minutes.

Jon will kill Dany to save his family and pass the rule to the queens brother which is tyrion .Jon will banish himself to the wall were ghost his heart is. and learn truth About the 3eyed raven being not good.

You ready? You look ready.
I hear Donald Duck makes an appearance next week. But since no one can understand a word he says they will have roast duck for dinner.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Visually stunning episode, but Dany's crazy moment could have been given a push. For example :

WARNING: spoilers below

Varys, before he is roasted, says to Dany, "The people will never accept you."

So when the bell tolls, Dany looks around. And the people of King's Landing stare back in horror, fear and some in disdain at her and her dragon. Varys' voice plays in the background - they will never accept you.

Her switch flips and boom.

If remember when her brother died her face is that of a bit of cruel joy and with good reason. This women encourages burning people who dont bend a knee and forced her will everywhere she went. Dany was always the Villain and Jon was always the Hero. But Martin likes these conflict in people and he has said in the end you make the choice to do good or bad things.