The Resident Bitch's New Top 100 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Delighted that you've started this Victoria after me pestering you for a while.

Will provide some feedback on the rest of the list later but will just address the last couple first of all. Inside Out is a bit of a surprise to me. I knew you liked it but didn't realise it was top 100 material. As I think I've said to you I enjoyed it but didn't find it as special as I was expecting. There were some moments and creative touches that were genius but I just didn't really connect with the story as a whole as much I'd have liked. However I've still only seen it once and hope on a rewatch to fall under its charms to a great degree

Se7en is a fantastic movie. Given how unrelentingly bleak it is I struggle to figure out exactly how much I love it but it is an excellent flick.

Oh and I'm delighted that you used the banner I made for you.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Se7en is awesome and will certainly be on my next 100 as it was on my two previous.

I liked Inside Out and it's probably a middle tier Pixar for me.

Inside Out is in my top 5 Pixar films. Easily a very, very strong
from me.

Se7en is good, but I wouldn't rank it among my favorite of Fincher's. That being said, I've only watched it once, and it's been a while, I need to rewatch it.

I've had Grosse Pointe Blank DVRed for like a year now and still haven't gotten around to watching it, really need to watch it soon!

I caught most of Casualties of War on TV, I only missed the first 20 to 30 minutes I believe. It was pretty good.

Inside Out was great when I saw it in theaters, it's a really well-done and original film. I never felt the need to rewatch it though.

Seven is great of course! I do think it's one of the greatest thrillers.

Brother Bear
(Aaron Blaise and Robert Walker, 2003)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 72

This is another often underappreciated Disney film. I won't deny that I initially watched it because a certain actor voices the main character, but I loved it because it's charming, funny, and beautifully animated.

A Mighty Wind
(Christopher Guest, 2003)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 22, 2013 - 45

Sweet, funny, and hilariously awkward, this mockumentary about a PBS special-type folk artist reunion concert has been a favorite of mine since its release. But what really makes this stand out for me over other similar films is the soundtrack, all of which was actually performed by the cast and many of the songs are original to the movie.

Identity
(James Mangold, 2003)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 68

Though the twist is perhaps not that hard to see coming, I really enjoy the journey to get there. This film is thick with atmosphere and dread and the performances are solid. Oh and John Cusack looks pretty damn good in it, too. But that doesn't influence my opinion of the film at all.

Inside Out is very good, sixth best Pixar for me. SE7EN is fantastic, best Fincher and it would be higher on my 100 than it is here. Brother Bear is another one of my least favourite Disneys, man start liking better Disneys . The only Christopher Guest film i've seen is Spinal Tap and it is hilarious, been meaning to watch some of his others for a while. I've heard of Identity; always recognize that poster but i don't have a clue what it's about.

Brother Bear is another one of my least favourite Disneys, man start liking better Disneys .
I like all the best Disneys.

Identity is a thriller about a bunch of people who get stranded at a motel and start dying one by one.

Nah, i like that your fave Disneys are original. I think mine are somewhat too with The Black Cauldron, The Sword and the Stone and The Fox and the Hound all in my top ten. I'd add The Great Mouse Detective but that has seemed to get alot more respect over the years.

Here's the 50 i've seen ranked - http://www.movieforums.com/community...84#post1519184

Yes i'm a weirdo who updates that post once i've seen something new . The only one of those that aren't high is Aladdin, dunno what it is with that but i've never liked it as a kid or adult.

he Black Cauldron, The Sword and the Stone and The Fox and the Hound all in my top ten. I'd add The Great Mouse Detective but that has seemed to get alot more respect over the years.
I still haven't seen The Sword and the Stone or The Black Cauldron. The Fox and the Hound I go back and forth on. Loved it as a kid, was disappointed when I first watched it as an adult, but liked it a lot more the last time I watched it. I never watched The Great Mouse Detective as a kid and didn't like it much when I watched it not that long ago.

Here's the 50 i've seen ranked - http://www.movieforums.com/community...84#post1519184

Yes i'm a weirdo who updates that post once i've seen something new . The only one of those that aren't high is Aladdin, dunno what it is with that but i've never liked it as a kid or adult.
I don't like it either.

The Fox and the Hound doesn't have very good animation, but it has some of the best voice acting in my opinion and i find it the saddest Disney as an adult or kid. Curious to see what you think of Sword in the Stone if you do watch it for the tournament. Seriously doubt you'd like Black Cauldron; i doubt i even would if i didn't have a nostalgic attachment to it, the criticisms given to it are largely accurate.