Movie industry after Covid-19

Tools    

Sometimes, I was an extra in films, prior to this crap. This COVID-19 situation has caused quite the ordeal. I've not acted in anything since 2019.

Red Box in my town has closed 2 of its 3 locations. (The third may also be closed.)

I liked it for the ability to buy movies from them. I never used the rental since I could never get back in time for the return.

Definitely due to lack of new movies.

Maybe one day they’ll return.

Noticed this clip while reading about Goliath 4th series:

"... Goliath Season 4 was one of the many shows that shut down production following the COVID-19 outbreak. According to Yahoo Finance, Goliath resumed production thanks to groundbreaking technology.

The SafeSet COVID-19 Compliance System is used to help keep everyone safe and compliant from the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Amazon is using this for Goliath and it allowed the show to resume production."

Does anyone know what this technology is, or are they just "social distancing"..

If there is such a technology, shows/films should start opening up production.

I think the movie industry is going to bounce back quickly and it's still standing in the limelight as usual, but it's clear that it's suffered no small amount, as a result of which the leading cinemas are in many countries are on the verge of bankruptcy. Hopefully the epidemic will be resolved soon and the cinema will return to normal.

I think you are going to see more even economic playing field because Hollywood isn't going to be as agenda driven as it was the last few years.

I think horror is going to be very big in 2022/2023 because their is money there.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I think this sums up what I think about going to the theater.

Big TV's with streaming options that keep getting better, forget about it.

I'd go to the theater and support if there was anything worth supporting right now. I haven't been excited for a movie since Tenet. I might go for Dune...not because I know much of Dune but just because I know Villeneuve will give me something worth going to see on the big screen.

Basically everything coming out of Hollywood is Superheros (I'm burnt out) or infected with woke virtue signalling. I'm ready for these independent studios popping up on youtube and such to start sucking up Hollywood business because they will be the ones taking the chances. Hollywood is going bleed themselves dry with the stuff they are putting out.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I'd go to the theater and support if there was anything worth supporting right now. I haven't been excited for a movie since Tenet. I might go for Dune...not because I know much of Dune but just because I know Villeneuve will give me something worth going to see on the big screen.

Basically everything coming out of Hollywood is Superheros (I'm burnt out) or infected with woke virtue signalling. I'm ready for these independent studios popping up on youtube and such to start sucking up Hollywood business because they will be the ones taking the chances. Hollywood is going bleed themselves dry with the stuff they are putting out.
I agree.

Well said...

Welcome to the human race...

Curious to know which independent studios you're thinking of here.

Saw Black Widow today. Had fun. Felt nice being back in a cinema.
Tempted now to go out to an arthouse cinema in town and see Another Round.
That or see if its available on streaming.
This is now where the real challenge begins for Post-COVID cinema.