First Look: The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

The eerie New Orleans vibe is spot on here.

I'm not that far in. Have just had a few cautious rampages through the first zone, against both zombs and a human crew, and expanded the graveyard a bit. So I still don't know exactly how I feel about the loot 'n craft loops, given the degradation of found items is pretty extreme, and the made items still eat through materials. Could definitely see some forays costing more than they gain.

Also don't know how I feel about getting barbed baseball bats stuck in human heads...

Zombs are fine though. The cartoon-ish sheen underneath all the mist and moon-lit convincers means it all falls on the right side of gamey. I might feel differently if they start mobbing me en masse down the line, but for now they're all pretty dispersed and manageable with an outstretched arm. (The shove thing is kind of satisfying too )

The story stuff and dialogue options all feel solid enough, but the character of the locations themselves feels like the main winner to date.