'ello

Tools    

Unregistered Illegal User
Hi all,

How's everyone doing, my name is Jason and i am liking this forum already, you can expect a lot of me all over the threads. I love movies esp horror movies. I have two part time jobs just to pay for my movie habits. I will just about watch any movie and yes i have seen The Room by Tommy Wiseau and Twilight etc etc. I have a huge collection of old movies that i inherited from my father for which i am more thankful than him giving me life lol.

Anyway, i'll play nice as long as you are nice to me lol. Strike a conversation with me anytime about horror movies and i am eagerly going to reply back. I hope to make good lasting friendship with all you movie lovers on this site. Also you will have to excuse my occasional obscure references (if you come across them, and you will cos i am a freak and sometimes i don't even know what i am talking about).

I hope that fits into a fair introduction for now, feel free to look me up if you have any questions. I'll be seeing you at the forum. Bye

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

Nice to meet ya Jason. My name is Bailey, but just call me Juno. It has been great chatting in the games threads with ya already.

Welcome to Movie Forums, Jason. Dig the favorites list.

Interested in what you said about receiving the old movies from your father. How'd that happen?

'ello to you, sir. We have the same number 1 movie! I also like a lot of your others. Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

Hey there

I bet you would be the type of person that wouldn't mind being grilled. It's fairly fun.

Welcome to Movie Forums, Jason. Dig the favorites list.

Interested in what you said about receiving the old movies from your father. How'd that happen?
Thank you.

My father was a big fan of the cinema, and he just about buy every movie he could get his hands on, his fondest memories of his past were the ones he went to the theater right after his marriage with my mum of course (or so he says and i don't quite believe him LOL). I've always enjoyed watching movies with my dad, and growing up my dad taught me so much about the cinema - directors, actors and locations of movies that i was not aware when i watch movies with my friends i sometimes become too critical about it, and my friends just think i am a freak (which i am lol i take it as an honour).

Anyway i started absorbing everything about cinema that i can buy reading about it, watching just about anything out there. It was on my 18th birthday (last year) that my dad officially gave me everything in his collection (and i cried like a little girl LOL).

He passed away 3 weeks after my birthday, it was like he knew. He had been battling with cancer for the past 3 years. He gave it a good fight. So here i am with a super awesome collection of movies, memories of my father who loved the cinema and thank god he got me into loving it.

'ello to you, sir. We have the same number 1 movie! I also like a lot of your others. Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing you around on the forums!
We're just too cool

Welcome Jason. Glad that you are liking the site!
It's brilliant

Hey there

I bet you would be the type of person that wouldn't mind being grilled. It's fairly fun.
Hello,

I wouldn't mind at all, i have no shame LOL. I read your play it's ace, it reminded me of Top Girls by Caryl Churchill for some reason.

Hey there

I never got grilled.

But yeah, after reading Rhoten's story, that was just about the single most heart-rending story about a young man's introduction to movies that I've ever heard of. You should grill this mofo.

Hey Rhoten, two bloody years to start an intro thread?!? Lazy ****er!

Anyway, it's good to have you around. One question straight off the bat, why do you have 14 films on your top 10?

But yeah, after reading Rhoten's story, that was just about the single most heart-rending story about a young man's introduction to movies that I've ever heard of. You should grill this mofo.
Thanks i am quite fond of the story myself.

Hey Rhoten, two bloody years to start an intro thread?!? Lazy ****er!

Anyway, it's good to have you around. One question straight off the bat, why do you have 14 films on your top 10?
Lazy? Yes i am quite lazy. Give me another two years and i would have posted about 2 of my fav movies in my very own top 10 fav movies thread LOL

I consider Back to the Future 1,2,3 and Star Wars IV,V,VI as one movie each, i always have. That strangely makes more sense in my mind.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Hi there Rhoten mate welcome to the site I love your story about how you came to love films and cinema, you have my deepest condolences for your father. Your story is very similar to mine when it comes to getting into films, my Grandfather and Grandmother raised me and my Grandfather was a huge movie fan and he used to record so many films of tv in the nights for me to watch when I came home from school.

I love your top 10 list and also im glad to hear you are a horror movie fan as so am I I look forward to chatting to you on this great forum

Hi there Rhoten mate welcome to the site I love your story about how you came to love films and cinema, you have my deepest condolences for your father. Your story is very similar to mine when it comes to getting into films, my Grandfather and Grandmother raised me and my Grandfather was a huge movie fan and he used to record so many films of tv in the nights for me to watch when I came home from school.

I love your top 10 list and also im glad to hear you are a horror movie fan as so am I I look forward to chatting to you on this great forum
Thank you.

You have really cool grandparents, passing on the gift of appreciating motion pictures is one of the coolest gift anyone can give you.

I am glad you are into horror movies, maybe one day we can get together and discuss our favourite horror movies.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Thank you.

You have really cool grandparents, passing on the gift of appreciating motion pictures is one of the coolest gift anyone can give you.

I am glad you are into horror movies, maybe one day we can get together and discuss our favourite horror movies.
I totally agree passing on the love of films is something great in my eyes When me and my wife first started dating she wasnt really into films but I have passed on my love of films on to her, she isnt into as many different type of film as me but she does love sitting and chilling watching movies with me and we disscus the films aswell which is awesome. I am also sharing my love of film with my son he is five and he also loves watching films. It wasnt long ago we were watching LOTR The Fellowship as it was on tv I just turnd over and he was so amazed by it, he wants to sit and watch the trilogy

I love horror films and talking about them and I love seeing how the gore effects work behind the scenes etc I love gore in films

I am also sharing my love of film with my son he is five and he also loves watching films.
He is going to thank you for the rest of his life.

I love horror films and talking about them and I love seeing how the gore effects work behind the scenes etc I love gore in films
Well obviously you have covered the classic splatter movies then, but if you like let me recommend you three splatter movies that you might like.

1. Braindead
This one is just nasty to the point that it becomes comical.

2. Audition

3. Icchi the Killer

Look them up if you have not already seen them. A must see for any splatter movie fan. I don't think your wife is going to enjoy it much though.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have Brain Dead on DVD, I havent heard of Audition I will have to give that a go and I have heard of Ichi The Killer but havent seen it Im not sure but my brother in law might own it I shall descend on his collection the next time im there and see

My wife will watch anything with me including horror movies she is great like that, she'll watch anything. We watched the Human Centipede recently and she loved that but I fell asleep during it so I cant really say anything about it yet

My wife will watch anything with me including horror movies she is great like that, she'll watch anything. We watched the Human Centipede recently and she loved that but I fell asleep during it so I cant really say anything about it yet
Your wife is brilliant then mate, cheers