Welcome to ME!

Tools    

I guess I missed this section too somehow. Anyhow, here I am. Lil' ole me.

My name is Jason. I'm 32. I live in north-central Texas, where I was born and raised. I moved away back in '04 to the big city (Dallas) for a job, but when the job gave me the oppurtunity to move back home, I jumped at the chance. The city was nice and had it benefits, but I prefer the slower pace of my hometown.

I have an ex-wife, a wife, 2 kids, a house, 4 cats, a dog, 7 cars and a whole buttload of DVDs. Money is really tight right now, but aside from that, life is very good.

I never really got into buying movies until around 1999 when I got my first DVD player. 10 years and nearly 1300 DVDs later, I'm all in.

This seems to be a pretty good forum. I'm on TONS of forums around the web. Some I'm extremely active on and some I'm more of a lurker. This one seems to be a lot more welcoming to the new folks than several that I'm on. That's a good thing.

So, hi everyone.

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and welcome!

Hi there and welcome to MoFo... I think you'll find several more cat (I have 9) and dog lovers (I have 4)... and a couple of car buffs on here... and you might even find a few movie buffs...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hey Jason, a nice (formal) welcome to you! How have you been handling the heat down there, lately?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
hi and welcome

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

G'day Jason!, what cars have you got?
My wife drives my '04 Cadillac CTS.
My daily driver is a '94 GMC Sierra ext cab.
My pride and joy is my '91 GMC Sierra that I've put lots of time and money into.
The family workhorse '88 Chevy crew cab dually that I have lots of plans for.
My first car and my dad's first new car '72 Plymouth Duster 340 4-speed.
Then there's my '84 GMC K5 Jimmy and '67 Chevelle future projects.
Then there's the '60 Chevrolet Impala in my shop out back that came with the house.

How have you been handling the heat down there, lately?
Oh, it's a blast! lol

I spent the first half of July in northern Indiana where it didn't hit 80 degrees. I came home to 108 degrees. I work outside, so that's fun. Thankfully I have a very flexible job and I'm usually done before it gets too hot out.

Originally Posted by 1badgmc
My name is Jason.
Ah, that's my name too. Hello there!

I'm 32.
I'm 25, younger than you.

I live in north-central Texas, where I was born and raised.
Virginia here!

I have an ex-wife...
Me too!

Welcome!

Then there's the '60 Chevrolet Impala in my shop out back that came with the house.
I once bought a house that came with a cranky old it lived for another 8yrs a car would have been better

I once bought a house that came with a cranky old it lived for another 8yrs a car would have been better

lol...I'm just trying to find someone to give me a few bucks and take this car off my hands. I could use the space in my shop that it's taking up. It could be a nice project for someone. I have some ideas of what I could do to it, but I have enough projects that I can't afford as it is. I don't need another one.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I spent the first half of July in northern Indiana where it didn't hit 80 degrees. I came home to 108 degrees.
I lived in Oklahoma City from 2005 up until November last year, I know what you're going through.

I'll take that Impala off your hands. My dream vehicle is a '69 Chevy Shortbed. Almost had one 13 years ago, but the guy wanted way too much for it.

I'll take that Impala off your hands.
Come 'n' get it!

My dream vehicle is a '69 Chevy Shortbed. Almost had one 13 years ago, but the guy wanted way too much for it.
People are asking a mint for '67-'72 short beds right now. I may soon be making a trip to Indiana to pick up my grandfather's '71 C20 longbed. It's a one-owner truck that runs perfectly. Less than 70,000 original miles on it. It has a little rust on the cab rockers from the Indiana winters, but other than that, it's solid.

Nice! Yay! 1 mopar haha , i'm in australia and have a "valiant" charger 1972, 265ci straight 6, triple carbs, 4 speed but going through a rebuild at the moment welcome again.
Obviously I'm a GM guy, but I have a thing for Mopar muscle. My dream car is a '69 Dodge Charger.

Holy crap, a 72 Plymouth Valiant was my first car. Not a fast car by any means.
With the 340 4-speed, mine was pretty dang quick in it's day. It's in need of some TLC and a rebuild right now. Someday...