1 Crazy Blonde Here

Tools    

Hi my name is Tia and I decided to see what this forum was all about. Actually I think I know what it is about(Movies), but you know what I mean(or maybe you don't). I am 21 and a single mom of my pride and joy little 4 year old boy Connor. I also love movies or I wouldn't be here. My favorite movie is Mr. Hollands Opus. I also love music as evidence to liking that movie and also loving the movie August Rush. I play the piano, guitar, Cello, violin, and have also mellowed in playing the dulcimer and sitar, but not very good at it. I love pretty much any type of music from classic to classic rock and anything in between. That pretty much is the same way with movies for me as well(although I have been stuck watching kiddie movies for the past few years). I do get into just about any type of movie, if it is put together well. Right now I am living with my parents and am an aide at my sons pre-kindergarten class at school. Well that is about it. Ask any more questions if you want, I will try to answer them.

~Tia~

Hey Tia; welcome to Movie Forums.

Always good to see Groundhog Day on someone's list. Good sign; most of us here dig it. I'll have to see it again soon...been a few months.

Welcome to the board, I love crazy blondes . The normal ones are boring.

Welcome to the board, I love crazy blondes . The normal ones are boring.
Well then you will probably get along with me. I am far from normal.

Colour out of Time
Hi Tia

An impressive array of musical instruments ... love the cello, the most sensuous of instruments IMO.

Hadn't heard of a dulcimer before is your's to pluck

or to hammer?

Cheers

The People's Republic of Clogher
My ears pricked up too when you said you played the dulcimer and the sitar. Rock on!

Welcome to MoFo! I think Girl, Interrupted is a great film. too.

FernTree - REM's Automatic For The People is full of dulcimer playing, I seem to remember. That's the kinda vibe it can have when set against more 'modern' instruments.

My ears pricked up too when you said you played the dulcimer and the sitar. Rock on!

Welcome to MoFo! I think Girl, Interrupted is a great film. too.

FernTree - REM's Automatic For The People is full of dulcimer playing, I seem to remember. That's the kinda vibe it can have when set against more 'modern' instruments.
The Cello is something that I love to pick up when I need to relax and chill out. The sound the vibrates from the instrument just is so soothing.

The Dulcimer and Sitar are very difficult for me to play, but I have giving them both a shot. One guy who could really play the dulcimer was Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones. And yes the REM song you are referring to does have quite a bit of dulcimer in it. I love the sound. As for the Sitar, George Harrison rocked that instrument back in the day. Also another guy from the 60's Donovan could play the Sitar very well.