2008 Box Office Prediction Quiz

Tools    

Hi all, I missed doing this last year which kind of sucked because it was an interesting year. Anyway it is just a simple quiz on the 2008 Box Office. I will go ahead and use same format as I did in the first one, if anyone has something they think I should add or edit then please let me know soon.

I do not see any reason not to start off the season with the Iron Man weekend of May 2 and go through that last weekend in August.

PM to me your answers please do not post them in thread, all answers must be sent to me by April 30th to be counted. All questions asking for a dollar amount will be awarded to players who are closest from actual amount. Thanks to all who play.

1.What movie will be the highest grossing film during this timeframe? (2 points)

2. How much will the above film gross? (3 points)

3. What will be the highest grossing "r" rated movie for this time frame? (2 points)

4. List the top 5 grossing films. (2 points for each properly positioned film)

5. Yes or no: will any film break the top ten all time list? (1 point)

6. Which film will gross highest over budget? (Most profitable) (3 points)

7. List the total dollar amount of the top three grossing films. (3 points)

8. Which film will flop the most, lowest profit vs. budget (2 points)

9. What will be the highest grossing film for the following months:
May
June
July
Aug (2 points for each right answer)

10. What film will have the biggest opening day total? (2 points)

11. How much will the above film gross on opening day? (3 points)

Bonus Question:
List the top ten films of this time frame based on gross dollar amount along with what you think the total will be. You do not have to get them in the right order to win this question the closest overall player will get 5 bonus points.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
PM sent

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Thanks Lennon:

You might want to check your answer to number 7, it does not jive with other things you are guessing, but all is good.
u mind sending me back my PM? So I can review my answers please

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
u mind sending me back my PM? So I can review my answers please
I thought all of your PMs are automatically saved in your profile. Mine are.

I'm definitely getting in on this! I've got a bit of extra free time this coming week so I'll be able to sit down and actually put some thought into my predictions.

I thought all of your PMs are automatically saved in your profile. Mine are.
Aye. Just look under "Sent Items" Len. It's among your PM folders.

I'm sure I'll do terrible at this but it was interesting to look up some of the upcoming movies.

You're a Genius all the time
Okay, I've got one more question.

For #9 (highest grossing films of each month), do you want the flick that makes the most money during that month? Or do you want the one that is released in that month which winds up grossing the most, even if some of that total comes from June or July?

For example, I think Indy will wind up with more money than Iron Man. But Iron Man opens May 2nd and Indy on the 22nd. Indy may eventually make more money, but Iron Man will definitely have a highter total come the end of May. So what do you want there?

For #9 (highest grossing films of each month), Or do you want the one that is released in that month which winds up grossing the most, even if some of that total comes from June or July?
that one.

Done and done.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

PM to me your answers please do not post them in thread, all answers must be sent to me by April 30th to be counted.
I forgot all about this. What time today, or tonight, is too late?