Stigmata

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I just rented this movie on DVD, and I thought it was pretty good. I was just wondering what fairly religous people thought about it. I'm not very religous so I wasn't shocked at this movie or anything, I just wanted to know what other people thought because it contains some controversial material.

Didn't see it.
I enjoyed the movie, and I am a pretty intense Christian. I don't look for good theology in movies, so I really don't pay much attention to it. I'm more interested in whether or not movies are entertaining. If I want theology, I'll read my Bible.

I saw it in the theatres and it was pretty good - but definitely not within the Christian vein - it was a 2-hour commercial for the Gospel of Thomas, I believe. I for one don't believe any of that is real - meaning the message of the film, of course.

Great title for the film, and a good movie overall, even if I didn't agree with it. Overall I was glad I saw it, which isn't usually the case when I disagree with a movie's principles, like, say, Mission to Mars - boy did that movie STINK UP THE PLACE!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Thats what I figured, I thought that the text at the end of the movie, about the "real" gospels kinda brought down the movie. I don't know why, it just made the movie seem stupid somehow...