"Criminal" advertising

Tools    

Sometimes you are surprised though by blind buys - a few straight to dvd films I have bought turned out to be rather good indeed.
Agreed, sometimes you dont want to know about the film your watching, but thats becoming hard to do with the amount of **** being produced.

You are operating on a misunderstanding here. Why does footage in the trailer need to be in the film? Back in the 80s, many, many trailers were made as a completely different project, and many times did NOT have footage from the film, instead telling its own little story. This practice has been used for decades and it's just fine. In fact, I would rather not see ANY footage from the actual film until I go see the film.
Well i see where your coming from in not wanting to see the trailer. If the films a good film and they want to make a seperate trailer for it, to showcase the film, then thats ok i guess, but the case of this highlander film (which is a joke) is just pure mis-leading and dis-honest, its only the distance between supplier and buyer (us) that allows it to happen, no?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's not "Criminal Advertising", it's "Advertising aimed at stupid people".

It's not "Criminal Advertising", it's "Advertising aimed at stupid people".
Absolutely. That's why I avoid things like the cinema, anything to mug the easy sheep.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
You can see the rows of dvds just like Stranded every time you go to the Supermarket.

Pro Tip: If you haven't heard of it before don't get it.

Pro Tip 2: If it's starring a very has been actor/actress that hasn't been in anything of note in the last 5 years+ (Christian Slater), don't buy it.

Pro Tip 3: If the cover contains loads of 4 star (out of 5) reviews from the sleaziest media outlets, celeb magazines and trash tabloids etc, DON'T ****ING BUY IT.

Pro Tip 4: If the title is similar to a mainstream movie, for example World War Z is in the Cinema so in Tesco there is a DVD called "The Infection Z" don't buy it.

Pro Tip 5: As Honeykid says if they are tenuous links to other good films, like from the Producer of....., or from the creative mind behind...... (and wtf does that even mean? some guy who crafter some models for the film??), DONT BUY IT, WTF ARE YOU ****ING RETARDED! YOUR A MEMBER OF A ****ING MOVIE FORUM AND YOU CAN'T INSTANTLY SPOT THAT ****, SERIOUSLY WTF!

^^Combined with all of the above:

I would say, if you have a cell phone with data plan, just look up the title on IMDB and also the number votes in its name!

The original trailer for Highlander Endgame actually had scenes in the trailer made specifically for it, and never actually made it into the movie. I tried to find the trailer in English, but could only find it in French.

I feel so bad for Donnie Yen being in that film haha.
Poor guy tried to come to america to transition into hollywood like Jackie Chan and Jet li.. and we put in him highlander endgame.. then he went right back to china to make kick ass films like Ip Man. Because hollywood was so dumb..