'Dark Knight' passes $1 billion mark

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

The Dark Knight has become only the fourth movie in history to cross the $1 billion mark at the box office.
Warner Brothers has announced that Christopher Nolan's film, starring Christian Bale and Heath Ledger, has now grossed $1,001,082,160 worldwide.
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio's domestic distribution president Dan Fellman said: "From our initial record-shattering opening weekend to the unprecedented momentum of the film's box office run, we could not be more proud of The Dark Knight.
"We salute our filmmakers, cast and crew on making cinematic history."
The superhero movie now ranks in fourth place in the list of the highest-grossing films of all time, behind Titanic ($1.84 billion), The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King ($1.13 billion) and Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ($1.06 billion).

It's a heck of an achievement, and a testament to the quality of the film, as well as the perfect storm of events that maximized our interest in it.

Very happy for all involved. Now let's hope they all have the patience to give the next installment the same kind of care they gave this one.

I wish they would have re-cast Maggie Gyllenhaal if they couldn't have gotten Katie Holmes back. I don't have anything against Maggie just that she didn't fit this particular role.

I also enjoyed the soundtrack to this film. The simple sounds of Batman. Sometimes keeping it simple works best when it comes to music.

Making a difference
Didn't expect Batman to be the next movie with such master sale.

Heath Ledger's performance here was a key cog in this milestone achievement. To date he earned 28 posthumous awards, most notably an Academy Award. It still sends chills to my spine thinking how he locked himself in his room for weeks just to internalize.

Making a difference
If wishes where horses Heath would still be alive, cause I could and would use my last wish to get Heath kicking in Hollywood. May his gentle soul rest in peace!

If wishes where horses Heath would still be alive, cause I could and would use my last wish to get Heath kicking in Hollywood. May his gentle soul rest in peace!
If Heath didnt abuse drugs he'd still be alive. Plain and simple.

A lot of money has gone towards this movie because of me. I saw it twice in the theatres (at night, at $10 a ticket), and I've bought the standard definition two-disc DVD -- and now, today in fact -- I bought the BLU-RAY to this movie (it's on sale at Target).

I can believe that it's passed the $1 billion mark.

Insanity. It's not even the best movie ever made.

A

Insanity. It's not even the best movie ever made.
No, but it has had some of the best marketing and PR of a modern film. There's just something about batman, even the not so good Schumacher one's were met with at least decent box office takes.

...uh the post is up there...

Originally Posted by FILMFREAK087
No, but it has had some of the best marketing and PR of a modern film. There's just something about batman, even the not so good Schumacher one's were met with at least decent box office takes.
I still need to buy the boxset that comes with Batman and Robin on Blu-ray.

I can't believe Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the highest-grossing films of all time.

Dark Knight is so much better than Pirates 2 and 3 which i fell asleep to.