Rate the Scream -Trilogy

Tools    

So how many scream trilogy fans are there here? Whoever saw it come on and rate each one. Here is my rating.

Scream 1
----------------
9.5 out of 10
-----------------
Scream 2
----------------
8.5 out of 10
-----------------
Scream 3
------------------
10 out of 10

Didn't see it.
My wife and I both enjoy them. There are definitely better horror movies out there, but these are enjoyable.

I liked Scream one. It was good and creative. Scream two was crap. I didn't bother seeing Scream 3. If they make a Scream 4...I'll be pissed.

MovieForums Extra

I've seen all three, here's my two cents worth:

Scream 1: 8.5/10 (I watched it on tv late at night, it was pretty scary when your're all alone!)

Scream 2: 6.5/10 - not as good as the first, I was kinda dissapointed

Scream 3: 4/10 - put it this way, I was with some friends and we were laughing and making stupid comments in the theatre...too predictable, very funny in some parts, boring, I found myself checking the time every five minutes...

I liked all three - I'm easily pleased. It was a good Trilogy - followed all the rules, and even stopped to make fun of itself for doing so. Ya can't beat that.

The first was obviously the best - no one had ever seen a movie like it before. That is inevitable - the second one was just about as well done as the first (same for the third), but for us, we expected another revolutionary movie - something totally original. That cannot be expected: that expectation is unreasonable, IMO.

First movie was the first funny horror movie - after that, I let myself sit back and watch what I saw as an extension of the first - the next two films handled this well, in my opinion.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by TWTCommish
we expected another revolutionary movie - something totally original. That cannot be expected: that expectation is unreasonable, IMO.
That doesn't make sense. Your saying you expected something but you know it was unreasonable. But I get what your saying.

First movie was the first funny horror movie
No it wasn't. IMO, Evil Dead 2 was the first funny horror movie. Evil Dead one was a flat out horror movie, then for Evil Dead 2 they went for a slapstick horror movie, and it worked. So for Evil Dead 3 they just took that idea and ran with it, which is why Army of Darkness is such a great movie. Did you know Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell have known each other since they were kids? I thought that was kinda cool.

I've never seen Scream 3, Scream 2 was just TOO horrible of a movie for them to of made a sequel. The only reason I would see it is for Jenny McCarthy. But anyways Scream 1 was ok, it was original yes, but still not great, Scream 2 was unbelievably bad. I feel asleep twice in the theater. The only movie I have ever fallen asleep during while in the theaters. It was just so predictable, and the acting was not too great. Better than I could ever do yes, but not too great.

Sorry, I liked them all.

I meant to say that OTHERS wanted it to be revolutionary - not me. I knew what it would be like, went to see it, and was glad I did.

As for Evil Dead - sorry, I havn't heard of it. Perhaps I should say the first mainstream movie of its kind - it sure did one heckuva job. I don't think any of us will say we didn't love the first one.

I've only seen the first one, and I thought that it was pretty good. Maybe I should go and watch the others sometime.

Save yourself the time. Am I spelling "Crap" right? Ok, good.....crap!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!

As for Evil Dead - sorry, I havn't heard of it.
You've never heard of the Evil Dead series???? There was Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness: Evil Dead 3. And now there is a video game called Evil Dead:Hail to the King! They all follow the story of Ash(Bruce Campbell) finding a book called the necronomicon which happens to alwas cause evil to come after him. He's the guy who has chainsaw on his hand and keeps his sawed off shotgun, his boomstick, on his back.....

I can't believe someone out there has never heard of the Evil Dead movies. Hello???? Sam Raimi, anyone????

I loved the first Scream, but Scream 2 was better. From a filmmaking standpoint, anyway. IMO Scream 3 was horrible due to Kevin Williamson's decision not to pen the script. I loathe Ehren Kruger.