An observation...

Tools    

MovieForums Extra

Being an Aussie, I really have no idea about this, but I noticed that almost EVERY single telephone number in movies begins with 555...does anyone know what's going on?

555 is the agreed first three numbers for all film phone numbers, as they ring no-one - watch out for it, all phone numbers mentioned in films or on TV begin with 555 (The X-Files series makes this particularly evident).

Female assassin extraordinaire.
cool ... i never new that! now i'm gonna be watching out for it...

well, a few times i was like, 555, ha, but then, i didn't really pay attention so it never seemed like it was THAT common (as in, in every film/tv show no matter what). And odd, cause I watch the X-Files too ... dunno, just never noticed. shorrreee

If they used a real number, they run the risk of some poor slob getting inundated with phone calls.

Yup. I'd thought of it from time to time, and didn't think much of it. I half-realized that it was universal, but didn't think of it enough to have it fully occur to me.

MovieForums Extra

Well it makes sense, doesn't it, just think of the lawsuits that the big studios would have if someone sued them for using their phone number!!

Uuuummmm...

My number starts with "555"

Does this mean it's not a real number? It's no wonder why I get NO CALLS WHATSOEVER!

LOL poopoomaster ...

yeah, i've also seen 555 out there as a real number too ...

The Movie 555 Number Website!
http://home.earthlink.net/~mthyen/index.html

More proof that absolutely everything is somewhere on the Internet.

It 'twas only a joke. I was just being a Dork.