Movie plot elements that are hard for you to watch?

Tools    

I hate seeing constant false accusations and really bitchy and vain people. As you can imagine, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was difficult. I had to force myself through it. But that's the kind of thing that makes me pause to blow off steam.

I also struggle watching movies loaded with prejudice, usually racial.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I don't know if it's hard but its an eye roller, in that whenever a villain in a movie takes the insanity plea in court, the heroes are furious if the villain is found insane to stand trial, and think that the villains are getting away with it. When going to an asylum for the rest of your life is just as much of a punishment as prison, one would think, and the heroes should be overjoyed that the villains gave up trial so easily to be incarcerated one way or another.

Wives akin to Skyler White preventing the protagonist from doing whatever. I’m aware that this is authorial intent and that it purportedly generates tension, but I feel a kind of blind rage when I see it.

I do still watch if it’s a good film/show, but it really is hard. Nowadays, I occasionally see it inverted, with husbands whining that the female protagonist is not “resting” enough or should stop digging into x lest it upsets her. The single best example of the latter is Los Ojos de Julia, where
WARNING: spoilers below
the husband turns out to have been spearheading that campaign of excessive concern for a reason
, but I still find it very hard to watch and not rewarding in the slightest.

Just the usual stuff - real animal cruelty, paedophilia and anybody eating pineapple.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Nothing comes to my mind.

Hit me with your sickest sh*t, directors!

anybody eating pineapple.
That's a very indirect way of showing your hate for Chungking Express.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I can handle most stuff, even though I cringe and fidget at bones cracking or things in the eye... however, nowadays I find it really hard to get through films dealing with old people suffering or being alone, sick, or whatever. Ever since my grandmother died, I've stayed clear of most of the films dealing with that. Haven't seen Amour, which I've heard/read pretty much universal praise for, because I know I'll end up a blubbering mess.

Rape. Rape = I'm out.
Yup. Any movie that looks a lil' bit suspish when it comes to that and I'm off to wikipedia, Ctrl+f “rape.”

Uh no. I can't imagine that at all. What part of it didn't you like?

Any time ****ing Umbridge showed her weasley face. She is the most insufferable... I can't even say it here. Not to mention all the crap Harry had to go through unfairly because no one wanted to believe him (emphasis on WANTED to believe him). It's a personal thing as I've been falsely accused of things often in my childhood.

Yeah, the Umbridge type character can be pretty insufferable. I think the indignation is the worst part about it. I think the Marcia Gay Harden character in The Mist has a similar effect. I appreciate that there are people like this in real life, but that kind of unmitigated antagonistic personality onscreen can be pretty aggravating.

The worst part about Umbridge-like characters, so Umbridge, Carmody in The Mist, Joffrey in Game of Thrones and every single Stephen King bully, is that they feel like they were written for the audience to hate. Characters so carricaturally evil, so irredeemable, so devoid of any quality, that the only thing you can expect of them is a satisfying death. Not a plot relevant death, but just a death that removes them from the story for the sole satisfaction of the audience. Takes me out of the plot every time.

The worst part about Umbridge-like characters, so Umbridge, Carmody in The Mist, Joffrey in Game of Thrones and every single Stephen King bully, is that they feel like they were written for the audience to hate. Characters so carricaturally evil, so irredeemable, so devoid of any quality, that the only thing you can expect of them is a satisfying death. Not a plot relevant death, but just a death that removes them from the story for the sole satisfaction of the audience. Takes me out of the plot every time.

I couldn't finish Pet Semetary 2 becuase Clancy Brown's character was so horrible to the point that I had to skip to his comeuppance scene, and it was so utterly underwhelming that I shut it off.

The cocky or swaggering cop protagonist. Most of the time I end up rooting for the so called bad guys because the indomitable lawdog character never fails to set my teeth on edge. It's one thing when it's little more than a dopey cartoon like Stallone in Cobra but someone like Pacino's Vincent Hanna in Heat or Gerard Butler's "Big Nick" O'Brien in Den of Thieves. Some I find tolerable if not downright enjoyable. Denzel Washington's Alonzo Harris in Training Day (but he was as dirty as they come). Keanu Reeves in Speed. Hell, I even liked liked him in Street Kings. Then again his Tom Ludlow wasn't squeaky clean either. I just rewatched To Live and Die in L.A. and William Peterson's Richard Chance might be a good example. But the movie was so steeped in the eighties that at the time the character must have seemed unique, but now the cowboy boots and leather jacket and shades come off as almost caricature.

I couldn't finish Pet Semetary 2 becuase Clancy Brown's character was so horrible to the point that I had to skip to his comeuppance scene, and it was so utterly underwhelming that I shut it off.
And yet his Kurgan is probably one of the best villains in cinematic history.

And yet his Kurgan is probably one of the best villains in cinematic history.

Kurgan was cool as a villain. He was a real warlord instead of just some abusive cop.