Notice for new users

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Like this (sans asterisks):

[rating*]3.5[/rating*]

To find out how anything is done, though, just hit "quote" to reply to a post with what you want in it, and switch the editor mode until you can see the code that created it.

I just signed up for this site a couple of days ago, and I'm really enjoying reading all of your posts, movie reviews, etc., but I don't post on a bunch of other forums so I'm not used to all of this and I'm still learning some stuff about posting.

On a different post, I saw instructions for how to post a spoiler similar to the way to post a rating shown here. I was wondering if there is a page somewhere that has a list of "how to" instructions for other helpful stuff that I might have missed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Those are pretty much the only noteworthy custom codes.

The spoiler one is on the editor (the red exclamation mark), and I'm hoping to put something similar up for ratings before long.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Those are pretty much the only noteworthy custom codes.

The spoiler one is on the editor (the red exclamation mark), and I'm hoping to put something similar up for ratings before long.

Thank you for the information. I'll try to do everything the right way, but I just want to apologize in advance just in case I mess up somewhere along the line.

So far, I'm very impressed with this site and the posters here. I think you guys know a lot more about movies than I do, but I love watching movies, and I'm really enjoying reading some of the reviews, especially the ones about movies that I haven't seen yet. I've already made a list of movies that I want to see based on some of the reviews and comments that I've read here.

Thank you to everyone.

No worries, I don't think anyone'll be too hard on you for simple forum code miscues--heck, posters who've been here forever still make them sometimes (getting the quote tags wrong is particularly common). If you have any questions, feel free to PM/profile comment/whatever myself, or one of the mods (Sedai, Tacitus and Loner are all on pretty regularly).

Thank you for the kind words! Glad you're digging it so far.

What does it mean to say you have to have 20posts before you can post? How does that work?

What does it mean to say you have to have 20posts before you can post? How does that work?
You have to have a certain number of posts before you can do things like post images, post links or send private messages.

3. Don't post links to where a full-length movie can be downloaded. This again is inconsiderate, but this is inconsiderate to the director of the film. They worked hard on their film and they deserve compensation for that. Again, you wouldn't want someone doing that to you, would you?
Before I joined this forum, I was in a website where they actually did this. I pirate movies often but I never share links or anything in forums, so this rule isn't a problem to me. I just hope I feel comfortable during my time on this community.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Is spud still here. Very cool thread. Not sure why I never noticed it before.

1. Please use the search function prior to starting a new thread about something that already exists. You won't get in trouble, but it can be confusing to have two different threads going about the same topic.
That won't get in trouble part wouldn't be a thing if i was in charge. I'd come down hard on these menacing duplicate thread makers

1. Please use the search function prior to starting a new thread about something that already exists. You won't get in trouble, but it can be confusing to have two different threads going about the same topic.
That won't get in trouble part wouldn't be a thing if i was in charge. I'd come down hard on these menacing duplicate thread makers
I don't like duplicate threads either so I always search and ask.

Hasn't come by in awhile, but I'm friends with him on Facebook. Went into the Navy, started a family and all that. Was a huge part of the site in the early days, though. Nice guy, too.

Hasn't come by in awhile, but I'm friends with him on Facebook. Went into the Navy, started a family and all that. Was a huge part of the site in the early days, though. Nice guy, too.
Funny tagline under his Avatar.

Well this should count. noted on rules etc.

Noted

If I were going to post a thread about two movies (vs.) each other, would general discussion be an okay place to do that?