Movie of the Month - Dark City (July 2017)

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
What did she think?!
She thought both Yoda and Slappy sounded more intelligent than me.

She said for someone to have the film in the top ten I should have 'defended' it more, hahaha. Then went on a tangent about is it Sex in the City or Sex and the City via our Mandela Effect section.

Overall she is a fan of the content.

Suspect's Reviews

She said for someone to have the film in the top ten I should have 'defended' it more, hahaha.
Yeah, I think we touched on this in the podcast itself, but it definitely sounds like we're criticizing it more than we are. I really love the film, though, and Slappy seemed to as well, so I think it's just a situation where it's more interesting to analyze seeming flaws, or maybe it's so good that all that's left to do other than gush (which isn't interesting) is to talk about the very few ways it could be different.

Great film, though, for sure, if anyone is reading this and didn't get that from the recording.

Yeah, I think we touched on this in the podcast itself, but it definitely sounds like we're criticizing it more than we are. I really love the film, though, and Slappy seemed to as well, so I think it's just a situation where it's more interesting to analyze seeming flaws, or maybe it's so good that all that's left to do other than gush (which isn't interesting) is to talk about the very few ways it could be different.

Great film, though, for sure, if anyone is reading this and didn't get that from the recording.
I think this film is probably the one where I got the most convinced via the discussion in the podcast.

During my initial viewing, I had a hard time not being distracted by what I saw as pretty serious flaws. I like to bring those flaws to the table to talk them over.

In particular, like I mentioned in an earlier post here, the thing that bothered me more than anything was what looked like an inconsistency in how the premise was about this collectivist hive mind, but one that also had differing opinions and positions in their hierarchy. But I think there was a cogent point in the discussion about how that's actually not that dissimilar from our own minds, we have different aspects to our personality, and that's why we see the discrepancy in the film; even though I'm still a "single mind" I still have what I consider higher and lower orders of thought and plenty of times where I feel torn on decisions.

I think I'm still not crazy about the visuals, but we may just chalk that up to me being the youngest on this cast.

Edit: Because I have the best eyesight I mean.