Terrorists Should Be Treated As Enemy Combatants

Tools    

In the future, all terrorists should be treated as enemy combatants
As such, they should be tried by a military tribunal.
Prior to that, they need to be shipped of to Guantanamo and subjected to intense prolonged interrogation to get specific information on contacts and other, possible sleepers, in network.
These people commit crimes tantamount to war atrocities and crimes against humanity and should face the harshest consequences. Enough of political correctness, as our innocent civilians are getting slaughtered.
The rules of constitutional judicial process should not apply to war criminals, especially when they are caught in the act.

Intense prolonged interrogation? What’s that? Double speak for torture?

Intense prolonged interrogation? What’s that? Double speak for torture?
Whatever is necessary to put a stop to or diminish loss of innocent lives.
I'm sure most of your British compatriots agree with me.
After terrorist acts, humane went out the door.
The only reason that they have somewhat of an edge is that they are willing to die and become martyrs.
Let's give them what they want. Let's just make it a little less easy.

It really is an endless cycle. This is the days after 9/11 all over again and what you called for in the op already happened.

Been reading alot about the Iraq War recently...man. I liked this - https://democracyjournal.org/magazine/28/dark-matters/

We've gone on holiday by mistake
In the future, all terrorists should be treated as enemy combatants
As such, they should be tried by a military tribunal.
Prior to that, they need to be shipped of to Guantanamo and subjected to intense prolonged interrogation to get specific information on contacts and other, possible sleepers, in network.
These people commit crimes tantamount to war atrocities and crimes against humanity and should face the harshest consequences. Enough of political correctness, as our innocent civilians are getting slaughtered.
The rules of constitutional judicial process should not apply to war criminals, especially when they are caught in the act.
It can be argued that Guantanamo Bay, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Abu Gharrib, torture etc etc etc have led to the situation we are in now.

Also terrorists are treated as if they were a combatant and are generally shot dead, and if they are potential terrorists how do you differentiate from the general population?? Same problem the US had trying to fight the insurgency in recent wars.

Because they are tired of acts of terror, just the same as we are. And It's only escalating, so changes have to made.
The terrorists all ready chose to change rules of engagement. We just need to adapt.

It can be argued that Guantanamo Bay, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Abu Gharrib, torture etc etc etc have led to the situation we are in now.
When a man is tortured, he will eventually say anything you want him to say.

Also terrorists are treated as if they were a combatant and are generally shot dead, and if they are potential terrorists how do you differentiate from the general population?? Same problem the US had trying to fight the insurgency in recent wars.
I am not talking generalities. I am talking applying certain consequences to those caught in the act, not to those just suspected off it.

I am not talking generalities. I am talking applying certain consequences to those caught in the act, not to those just suspected off it.
If you know the man is guilty, what’s the point of the intense prolonged interrogation ?

When a man is tortured, he will eventually say anything you want him to say.
Where did you read that?
A skilled interrogator does not suggest an answer.
He waits for the subject to give it up and then he verifies the data.

If you know the man is guilty, what’s the point of the intense prolonged interrogation ?
I think I all ready posted the answer to that.
He should be able to identify others, before he gets shot in the head.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Where did you read that?
A skilled interrogator does not suggest an answer.
He waits for the subject to give it up and then he verifies the data.
What if there is nothing to give up, what does a lone Wolf have to give up.

The problem for security services recently is the unknown terrorist who becomes indoctrinated by watching slick propaganda (with a lot of truths I imagine) then goes and runs a load of people over. How do you ever stop that?

It's ok, you guys and gals that disagree can go on your merry walks and get slaughtered.
I exercise my right to open carry in my state.
It's your political correctness that got us here in the first place.
It's as if you live in an alternate universe.
I don't have to lose some one to come to my senses.

We’re just discussing the subject matter here. Don’t get upset if people disagree with you. You started an interesting thread.

LOL. That’s funny.
What is really funny is you questioning interrogation techniques that you are completely unfamiliar with. And yeah, if you knew what I was talking about, you would not be questioning it.
Lady, I am wasting my time with you.
Post a relevant counter argument, if you want the discussion between us to go on.

We’re just discussing the subject matter here. Don’t get upset if people disagree with you. You started an interesting thread.
What gives you the idea I am getting upset?

What is really funny is you questioning interrogation techniques that you are completely unfamiliar with. And yeah, if you knew what I was talking about, you would not be questioning it.
Lady, I am wasting my time with you.
Post a relevant counter argument, if you want the discussion between us to go on.
You've demonstrated zero familiarity with interrogation techniques or knowledge of the past 17 years. Bit rich to demand this from Stirchley.