The Walking Dead: Season 8

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Rick Grimes apparently can't shoot for ****.

=(

New season started tonight. If anyone is still watching this show, post up!

If anyone watched Talking Dead afterward... All I can say is "Rosita!"
I don't usually watch the show, but once Christian Serratos came out in that dress... I kept watching.
(Damn the cameraman! I don't know how he did it but he managed to basically cut her out of every shot and angle the camera so her cleavage was never in the background - probably done on purpose - maybe they felt the dress was too much for TV!)

Nice beggining of the season! Appreciate the episode

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Great premiere episode. Following a very disappointing and unbearably slow couple of seasons, I'm hoping this can get back on track.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The best part about TWD is it means new eps of Comic Book Men.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Shoot him Rick, just ****ing shoot him. For **** sake will you just ****ing shoot him. ****ING SHOOT HIM!

then later

Priest just shoot him, don't wait just lift rifle and shoot him, shoot him dead.

The only thing I got from this ep was Rick is Viggo Mortensen in his dream future.

Love how the good guys never best the Saviors and then flip their world in one move featuring a bunch of tin off old shacks.

Shoot him Rick, just ****ing shoot him. For **** sake will you just ****ing shoot him. ****ING SHOOT HIM!

then later

Priest just shoot him, don't wait just lift rifle and shoot him, shoot him dead.
I'm all for turning my brain off and I'm quite proficient at it.

This sh!+ is really pushing the absurd logic, even for a show with zombies and new pieces of sidewalk chalk.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
We havent seen it yet but watched a BTS last night. They all seem to get on so well. Laughed when they were all having a go at Andrew Lincoln for saying 'Coral'. A bad impression by an englishman of trying to speak like an american. And they have the Rick drinking game - take a sip every time he says Coral. They all end up with cirrhosis.

First season I'm interested in now since season 1. Unfortunately the resident fanboy hs gone off the boil.

... gone off the boil.

You know, sometimes I have no idea wtf you're typing; but I just kinda roll with it and let context fill in the blanks on my end. If I'm wrong in interpretation, meh, so be it. It's all good and I sort of think that goes to the heart of intent of some of your slang.

I had an Aussie friend several years back that constantly had a new and random figure of speech in every conversation. Things I had never heard before, and her word combinations fascinated me. I never knew exactly what she meant by them, but they made sense enough to just nod, agree, and respond in kind, as I could. So I guess in my round-about way I am trying to say that I enjoy that, as it takes me back. Thanks!

Since, I've learned to relax a bit to say (type) more things off the cuff even if it's non-standard. It really takes the edge off of the social pressure putting other people on the defense in trying to translate my meaning of seemingly random words or to recoil in a subtle panic that maybe they aren't as cool as they thought, hearing me speak phrases they have never heard either. Or at least that's how I like to look at it!

Just an odd little notice. A weird compliment I guess?

lol.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You know, sometimes I have no idea wtf you're typing; but I just kinda roll with it and let context fill in the blanks on my end. If I'm wrong in interpretation, meh, so be it. It's all good and I sort of think that goes to the heart of intent of some of your slang.

I had an Aussie friend several years back that constantly had a new and random figure of speech in every conversation. Things I had never heard before, and her word combinations fascinated me. I never knew exactly what she meant by them, but they made sense enough to just nod, agree, and respond in kind, as I could. So I guess in my round-about way I am trying to say that I enjoy that, as it takes me back. Thanks!

Since, I've learned to relax a bit to say (type) more things off the cuff even if it's non-standard. It really takes the edge off of the social pressure putting other people on the defense in trying to translate my meaning of seemingly random words or to recoil in a subtle panic that maybe they aren't as cool as they thought, hearing me speak phrases they have never heard either. Or at least that's how I like to look at it!

Just an odd little notice. A weird compliment I guess?

lol.
Gone off the boil=he got bored into a coma. I only continued watching it after season 1 because that was his show, and I liked the zombie bashing. Most episodes I drifted off into micro sleeps.

I can give you lessons in aussie slang if you like. It's pretty easy to pick up. Absolutely essential when you visit here or you'll starve to death very quickly unless you can dumpster dive with gay abandon. Woooooo.

ahaha you are awesome.
You should make a thread with a bullet list of items and their translations Hell, you could probably publish that and make a buck or two.

ahaha you are awesome.
You should make a thread with a bullet list of items and their translations Hell, you could probably publish that and make a buck or two.
No, you are awesome sauce on a roadkill meat pie with a frosty tinny.

Just finished nd about to finish talking dead which I've never seen before. A few nitpick questions just for larfs.

What is with the hipster beard on rick, nd 2 daughters of different ages and hair styles? I'm going to guess flash forwards.
Why wont someone give coral a haircut.
How is it necessary to dramatically fling your arm up and point so everyone can see the zombie herd in the near distance.
Why does Lauren Cohen's accent suddenly sound like she's been living in the UK for a year. (accent autocorrected to accident. Freudian slip?)

That's it for that one.

Is talking dead host always so cringe worthy, loud and dull.

OK episode though. I stayed awake.

I cant believe that's episode 100. Well done to the cast and crew.

Why wont someone give coral a haircut.
There's a crying-face Rick gif out there pleading for him to "cut that hair!" It jus haz pew.

Is talking dead host always so cringe worthy, loud and dull.
That's always been Hardwick's shtick. He's been around for a long time and is trying to give Seacrest a run for hardest working man in Hollywood.

There's a crying-face Rick gif out there pleading for him to "cut that hair!" It jus haz pew.

That's always been Hardwick's shtick. He's been around for a long time and is trying to give Seacrest a run for hardest working man in Hollywood.
LMAO. Tried to find but so many crying twd gifs.

Yeah, Dani, you're right, those are flash-forwards all through the episode. We see Rick with his "hipster" beard and a still-alive Michonne, Carl, and Judith somewhere. I can't tell if it's the Hilltop or the Kingdom but it doesn't look like Alexandria so I'm thinking "uh-oh" here for the fate of Alexandria.

We have Rick with red eyes and a sweaty head, with the sun shining through the stain-glass hanging. He repeats what that guy that Carl saw at the gas station said that his mother told him, "My mercy prevails over my wrath." So, at the point that Rick says that, he's obviously either gotten to know the guy at the station or Carl has repeated to Rick what he said. I know from the comic and what the producers have said that the guy hidden in the bushes that Carl leaves the food for will be an addition to the cast as a good guy, if somewhat off-center good guy.

Then we get Rick standing by graves that look like the graves at the Hilltop, not sure. I still see only two graves, so I'm not sure if somebody else has died at that moment or if Rick is just looking at the graves of Glenn and Abraham. We could get an episode where the camera pulls back and there's more graves. You know how the producers and writers love the fake-out!

Also, I think Hardwick works better in the one-hour after-shows. Smaller doses of Hardwick are better, with the guests commenting on the episode plus behind-the-scenes stuff on the making of the episode. Try one of those and see what you think.

Yeah, Dani, you're right, those are flash-forwards all through the episode. We see Rick with his "hipster" beard and a still-alive Michonne, Carl, and Judith somewhere. I can't tell if it's the Hilltop or the Kingdom but it doesn't look like Alexandria so I'm thinking "uh-oh" here for the fate of Alexandria.

We have Rick with red eyes and a sweaty head, with the sun shining through the stain-glass hanging. He repeats what that guy that Carl saw at the gas station said that his mother told him, "My mercy prevails over my wrath." So, at the point that Rick says that, he's obviously either gotten to know the guy at the station or Carl has repeated to Rick what he said. I know from the comic and what the producers have said that the guy hidden in the bushes that Carl leaves the food for will be an addition to the cast as a good guy, if somewhat off-center good guy.

Then we get Rick standing by graves that look like the graves at the Hilltop, not sure. I still see only two graves, so I'm not sure if somebody else has died at that moment or if Rick is just looking at the graves of Glenn and Abraham. We could get an episode where the camera pulls back and there's more graves. You know how the producers and writers love the fake-out!
Wait am I reading this right... Michonee is dead? I must have been asleep. No.