A Double Standard?

Tools    

I find it hypocritical that those same people that so vehemently fought for the right of football players to kneel during the national anthem, citing the First Amendment, also vehemently fought to prevent a Neo-Nazi from speaking at the University of Florida, characterizing his speech as hate speech.
What to me is a great paradox is that Florida declared a state of emergency so that they could assemble enough police officers to protect the speaker and prevent violence from the protesters.
Cite your sources, this seems like a strawman arguement

or do all black protestors just look alike to you

ashdoc can I lend you my shield? Perhaps I'm reading too much into ash_is_the_gal post, but it might be a veiled comment addressing India's cast system. You are most likely more qualified than me to address that

Cite your sources, this seems like a strawman arguement

or do all black protestors just look alike to you
oh, CNN, Fox, RT just to mention a few
I do find that often those that are at a loss of their own words resort to questioning others as to source

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
ashdoc can I lend you my shield? Perhaps I'm reading too much into ash_is_the_gal post, but it might be a veiled comment addressing India's cast system. You are most likely more qualified than me to address that
or you could have just asked me

Yeah, the moment you get to "well I'll bet it's the same people who..." it's probably stopped being a serious discussion.

Granted, there are many, many issues on which someone's position can clue you in, with great accuracy, to their likely position on many other issues, but even then it should be framed as a contingent argument, and in this case I actually think there's probably not a ton of overlap.

oh, CNN, Fox, RT just to mention a few
I do find that often those that are at a loss of their own words resort to questioning others as to source
Cite your sources, those are reports of the protest you need to provide citation that the people who defend kneeling are also protesting the Nazi speech.

Though if I were to defend it I would say holding universities accountable for inviting Nazi's doesn't seem to be hypocritical to me. You and your ilk are free to buy tickets to NFL games and then protest the protesters.

I don't find this, personally. But I do find that not sourcing things properly is often a sign of rampant confirmation bias and/or misremembered facts.

Welcome to the human race...
That was very well said, but it still begs the question if the First Amendment is truly intended as the right of all.
To me, the irony of the situation is that the guy that is preaching hatred is most likely the least violent guy in the room. If given the chance, those protesters would gobble him up.
It was my understanding that the First Amendment means that the government itself cannot suppress the citizens' right to free speech, whereas citizens opposing each other's forms of self-expression is fair game.

If anything, the real irony is that the guy preaching hatred is counting on presenting himself as calm and civilised so that centrist/apathetic types will think of him as a reasonable individual who is being unfairly targeted to the (understandably) angry protestors who damage property and punch out-and-proud white supremacists (this is the same playbook that Milo Yiannopoulos ran last year). Trying to draw superficial comparisons between BLM and the KKK because they're both "anti-government" or whatever is missing the forest for the trees.

Cite your sources, those are reports of the protest you need to provide citation that the people who defend kneeling are also protesting the Nazi speech.

Though if I were to defend it I would say holding universities accountable for inviting Nazi's doesn't seem to be hypocritical to me. You and your ilk are free to buy tickets to NFL games and then protest the protesters.
" you and your ilk " - didn't Yoda just admonish us to refrain from such talk?
Let's face it, we all know what we are talking about here but using some words just to distort meaning is a kind of a cheap shot. Kind of like Clinton saying " a bj is not sex " .
Are you going to tell me that Black Lives Matter did not defend kneeling, while at the same time bashing Nazi speech?
Sources? I don't need my mind to go dig for quotes and pictures just to confirm what every body that watches news knows about. And yeah, I don't watch just one channel and will even watch MSNBC just to get that feeling of dazed and confused.

It was my understanding that the First Amendment means that the government itself cannot suppress the citizens' right to free speech, whereas citizens opposing each other's forms of self-expression is fair game.

If anything, the real irony is that the guy preaching hatred is counting on presenting himself as calm and civilised so that centrist/apathetic types will think of him as a reasonable individual who is being unfairly targeted to the (understandably) angry protestors who damage property and punch out-and-proud white supremacists (this is the same playbook that Milo Yiannopoulos ran last year). Trying to draw superficial comparisons between BLM and the KKK because they're both "anti-government" or whatever is missing the forest for the trees.
I hardly find that using violence as an end to justify the cause is missing the forest for the trees. It's all like right out of Lenin's playbook. Heard of him?
There are other ways to deal wit issues. Acceptable ways. Destruction of property and beating up and killing people are certainly not acceptable.
You don't like the speaker or what he stands for, just ignore him. Don't show up and have him talk to an empty room. That is acceptable.
The more violence you use and the louder you protest, the more attention he gets. Why can't you just choose the Gandhi way?

is it about the spelling mistake i made ? i should have written THEIR instead of THERE .

'THEIR own place in society' .

You don't like the speaker or what he stands for, just ignore him. Don't show up and have him talk to an empty room. That is acceptable.
And protesting his intolerant speech is also an acceptable form of speech. There is no one right way.

And protesting his intolerant speech is also an acceptable form of speech. There is no one right way.
And that's the point, when the protest becomes other than speech, it is unacceptable.
I don't mind the protest. Protest all you want ( except from protesting symbols of unity ) but don't hurt people and destroy property during your protest.
Looking back at history, if it wasn't for the endless street brawls between the brown shorts and communists, a failed artist would have never got the opportunity to be heard. As the violence escalated, so did his audience.