Mouthgasms for MoFo foodies

Tools    

I'd definitely want to try it, but yeah, hard to imagine I'd love it.

I have trouble describing my perfect pizza, but it generally has a lot more sauce than most other people care for. There's a local place called Lucci's that made the best pizza I've ever had. My wife and I loved it, and even when we moved and were out of its delivery range, we'd drive to pick it up most of the time when we got pizza. A couple years ago it was sold, and it's not the same. We're still sad about it.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
So sad when you find the perfect pizza, nachos etc and the restaurant changes hands. Years ago in my old stomping ground there was a restaurant called that New mexican Place. Had the best super nachos and chili con queso dip I have ever tasted. When I started going out with my husband I tool him there. no good.

Yoda and Sir Toose. Yay or nay to this. My nephew lives in US and posted this on fb. He said he's had it a few times and it tastes better than it looks. I'm doubled over in agony with imagined lactose intolerance.

https://www.facebook.com/LoveFoodExt...6307408414892/

I'm a thin and crispy base gal anyway, but that amount of cheese is making my arteries explode.
Too goopy for my tastes. I like a thinner crust and i mostly prefer meatless with plenty of olives

My favorite pizza was handmade by an old Irish lady every day - not joking. She made the dough by hand and it was beer bread. She baked it in a wood burning oven. She even made the sauce every day. Her kids tried to keep it up after she passed away but it was never the same.

Beer bread pizza? A tragic loss.

OK this is friday night dinner sorted. I would add orange peel to the stock. Keep the stock and freeze it for future use. It will become a master stock.

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/m...-sauce-chicken

Lots of good foods, Dani. I love Korean foods, the spicier the better.
For me the perfect pizza is with thin crust and top quality ingredients: doesn't matter meats or vegetables, it must be fragrant, fresh and firm. The contrast of the crispy crust and the juicy topping in your mouth is heaven. Herbs is indispensable: some oregano for this kind, some basil leaves for the other. It raise the taste beyond. And always a lot of pepper and chili for me. I'll flood these threads once I can post links and photos.

Edit: I can post photos now!
Here is a pizza that I made, that may not look like the perfect pizza I described but hey it's my own. 100% yours truly. The basil leaves are from the garden.

Great looking pizza, Elessar! Nothing like home made base. Nothing comes close to the smell of yeasty dough, right, and home grown herbs and veggies. Do you ever make turkish pizza?

As for korean food, chili, spicy heaven - High Five! Do you like kimchi? I could eat that for breakfast just with a poached egg.

I love kimchi, Dani. kimchi ramen, kimchi hotpot, kimchi fried rice, or just kimchi. I can eat it with anything

I don't know if I have made turkish pizza... I kinda throw in anything I can find in the fridge for the toppings.

I eat kimchi just with a fork straight from the jar, Elessar. Chili and garlic, salt and sour - now we're cookin' with gas.

Turkish pizza - Pide. I'll grab some recipes for you.

I made the chinese poached chicken (recipe above) two nights ago. Stretching it out well. Yesterday's brunch - chinese omelette stuffed with leftover chicken breast, bean sprouts and oyster sauce. Last night's dinner - leftover chicken san choy bow. My husband always turns his nose up when I suggest chicken but no complaints so far.

Not sure what to do with the rest. Maybe tacos.

Also made the salt and pepper tofu a few nights ago. Solid mouthgasm, even for the resident carnivore.

A recipe for Tat. Waaahhhh Argy empanadas. I want to make these today with the final leftover chicken but my oven died and it's been too hot to bother replacing. Not a big fan of too much fried food so these are just going to have to wait.

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/f...aris-empanadas

Dev, I need some portuguese recipes from you. I made one years ago that was chicken and mussels in garlic and white wine. Mouthgasm, but I havent found it again.

Elessar, for you, my foodie friend. 16 must try korean dishes. I can't speak for the desserts, or the coffee...or the bugs

http://www.twowanderingsoles.com/blo...y-korean-foods

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Dev, I need some portuguese recipes from you. I made one years ago that was chicken and mussels in garlic and white wine. Mouthgasm, but I havent found it again.
Honey, don't forget to mention/tag me, Or I'll never know you are addressing me.

Our cuisine is mostly based on Cod Fish, Sardines and Pork [everything the pig is made of, and I do mean EVERYTHING].

We have some interesting foods such as Francesinha [roughly translated as "little french maiden"; a kind of sandwich made with toasted bread, beef, bacon, cheese, sausages and a special sauce]

[quote=Little Devil;1656344]

I keep forgetting the tagging or quoting @Little Devil

As for using all of the pig, not a big fan of pig meat these days. Not sure if Hannibal's love of long pig or just changing taste buds is the culprit, but I fully support nose to tail cooking.